• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

Yeah it rules. You picked a good time to start too since it ends this month.

Also, Milligan's X-Force is totally my shit. Why didn't I read this sooner? This is such a wonderful comic.

oh yeah, i still need to finish that. finished the X-Force portion of the omni and took an indefinite hiatus. It's really great.

Allred is like top 5 artists for me yet Darwyn Cooke draws the best issue of the first run

New Avengers #1-#3: That went very big very fast...

Avengers #1-#5: I am not sure why these were placed after the first three issues. Nothing here seems to tie into the Incursion story line. Quite good fun. I really like the page with logos that indicates the Avengers we are tracking in the issue. Plus I got to read the "We've got money" panel in context.

All the issues seem so short though...

If you like sci-fi, you should check out Glory. It's a 12-issue series based on the old Rob Liefeld comic of the same name. Written by Joe Keatinge with art by Sophie Campbell. Available in two tpb volumes or one deluxe hardcover.

I was just looking in to this. $10 on a comixology sale at the moment.

Messi

I bought all of Milligan's run of X-Force in single issues from ebay a few years ago for some reason but still haven't read it.

From what she's saying on twitter it caught her off guard.

Selling the original art two for one tells me she is angry/hurt.

Glory was actually really good even if the end felt rushed due to sales.

That Rat Queens news: hmmm I imagine quite a few fans are gonna be unhappy, but La Maquinon will probably ok with this

e: I was watching a video review of Holy Terror last night. Wow uh that seems worse than I thought it would have been. Taking aside all of Miller's terrible attitudes, it seems like a very poorly done comic.

Owzers

First picture is how it started, it's a little darker than the photo shows in regular lighting

Ipo0LXU.jpg

Internet science: Allegedly erasers work on funko paint splotches. So i will use it on my statue? Sure. It definitely worked a bit at the top of the mark, but also made the paint a little lighter maybe taking the top coat off a bit? It's not supposed to be just any eraser though so don't use random pencils, i used the one i had in my art supplies.

This morning i took another look at it in direct light to see how the paint looked, ended up scratching the mark with my finger nail because i'm secretly a cat. Some of the remaining black paint crumbled off.

I'm declaring victory on the batwoman bat paint mark, even if the paint is a little lighter at the top of the bat. I also had to fill in the bat symbol on the front with some paint because it was so poorly done. I've won. It's over.

It's never over.

Owzers

Sillymonkey is one of the best posters in this thread

Thanks, i'm looking to beat out Messi in the end of the year Comics-Gaf awards.

Now i have to google umlaut. Edit: Ahhhh the dot indentation...I don't know what DC does with statues, i just accepted that one.

New Avengers #1-#3: That went very big very fast...

Avengers #1-#5: I am not sure why these were placed after the first three issues. Nothing here seems to tie into the Incursion story line. Quite good fun. I really like the page with logos that indicates the Avengers we are tracking in the issue. Plus I got to read the "We've got money" panel in context.

All the issues seem so short though...

It's a while before Avengers ties into New Avengers. You get the feeling New Avengers is the book Hickman wanted to write.

Boogiepop

Okay, so you guys mentioned Glory was good, so that covers that one. What about Hell Yeah, Ringside, or Tech Jacket, which are in that same Comixology sale. Any thoughts on those?

Owzers

I was buying hell yeah monthly until it just stopped coming out and dcbs refunded my preorder for the next three issues a year later. It was enjoyable from what I remember but I'd skip it because it's unfinished.

Finished Milligan's X-Force just now, I'll start on X-Statix a little later

I think I'm at the point in life where all of this just completely connects with me. Really dig everything going on here. The characters, art, and the whole social commentary sort of stuff. I'm loving it.

I was spoiled on #128 by someone here (I'm almost positive it was Zombine) and that really sucks!! But it was good and I still enjoyed it.

Top Bottom