• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

Hagi

To commemorate another year on the planet, my wife got me some good stuff:

-edit-

why the fuck can't I post images on mobile GAF anymore?

Hah that''s cool I'm trying to make my way through the Uncanny Omnibus right now. I need to pick up that Guardians Omni at some point does it carry on straight from Annihilation? I hope they reprint that at some point I'd really like to own it and Conquest.

Hah that''s cool I'm trying to make my way through the Uncanny Omnibus right now. I need to pick up that Guardians Omni at some point does it carry on straight from Annihilation? I hope they reprint that at some point I'd really like to own it and Conquest.

Guardians spins out of Conquest.

Really, you can get away with just reading Guardians and the Thanos Imperative by themselves if you don't want to do everything.

frye

I also saw Civil War last nite and wanted to say that Black Panther is like the fourth best thing about it behind
Paul Rudd, Aunt Marissa Tomei, and Spider-Man

e: maybe those are spoilers I dunno

The backlog is too real right now

OZySmBuh.jpg

The backlog is too real right now

That aint too bad

my backlog:

Young Avengers: Childrens Crusade
BPRD Plague of Frogs vols 1 - 3
Frank Miller and Janson DD collections vol 1 - 3
Elektra Assassin
The Metabarons
Gotham Central vols 1 - 4
Criminal vol 4 and 5
Fatale vol 2 - 5
Ody C
Big Time Complete Collection vol 3
Sinestro Corp War
Velvet vol 2
Lazarus vol 2 and 3
Bru Catwoman
Batman Black Mirror
Legion Lost
DC Universe by Alan Moore
Venom by Remender complete collection vol 2

Thats ignoring rereads....

I also saw Civil War last nite and wanted to say that Black Panther is like the fourth best thing about it behind
Paul Rudd, Aunt Marissa Tomei, and Spider-Man

e: maybe those are spoilers I dunno

true post

Again, I own all of Before Watchmen, including the JMS/Risso Moloch two-parter they did because Joe Kubert's passing meant delays on the Nite Owl series he was inking.

I died for his sins. I'm fucking ComicGAF Jesus over here.

Jack Kirby didnt die for you to go and do this shit, fam

Zombine

Banned
I read X-Men 100th Anniversary Special as did JC. Basically he's Jesus and I'm Judas. I threw that guy under the bus.

I would rather re-read all of Marvel Now Astonishing X-Men and write a paper on it than I would read that book again.

Woke up today with no TV/Internet. Looks like my FIOS ONT died. Took all morning to convince the idiots of Frontier to open a trouble ticket. And the earliest they can come out is sometime Tuesday. But no time given so who knows how that mess will go.

Put Eternals to the top.
Nah I'm hitting up Nightwing first. Then maybe Eternals
Just looking at that makes me stressed.
Just read, my man. Just read.
That aint too bad

my backlog:

Young Avengers: Childrens Crusade
BPRD Plague of Frogs vols 1 - 3
Frank Miller and Janson DD collections vol 1 - 3
Elektra Assassin
The Metabarons
Gotham Central vols 1 - 4
Criminal vol 4 and 5
Fatale vol 2 - 5
Ody C
Big Time Complete Collection vol 3
Sinestro Corp War
Velvet vol 2
Lazarus vol 2 and 3
Bru Catwoman
Batman Black Mirror
Legion Lost
DC Universe by Alan Moore
Venom by Remender complete collection vol 2

Thats ignoring rereads....
Mine's also ignoring the entire Eragon book series behind it

Zombine

Banned
I remember when the wall of my LCS was legit lined with Watchmen crap for like a god damn year. They hated stocking it, nobody was buying it, and it wouldn't fucking go away.

All-New Wolverine #8
Civil War II #0 (pray for my soul)
Deadpool and the Mercs for Money #4 of 5
Deadpool: Last Days of Magic One-Shot
Future Quest #1
International Iron Man #3
Invincible #128
Lumberjanes #26
Micronauts #2
Power Man & Iron Fist #4
Silver Surfer #4
Star Trek: Manifest Destiny #3 of 4
Superman: American Alien #7 of 7
Superman/Wonder Woman #29 (Final Days of Superman)
Wrath of the Eternal Warrior #7

Zombeen buying all the pages, spoiling all the comics...

What if he's not actually buying the pages, but in fact he's been drawing all the comics the whole time?

Owzers

All-New Wolverine #8
Future Quest #1
Invincible #128
Lumberjanes #26
Micronauts #2
Power Man & Iron Fist #4
Silver Surfer #4

Go ahead, pick it up.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
All-New Wolverine #8
Future Quest #1
Invincible #128
Lumberjanes #26
Micronauts #2
Power Man & Iron Fist #4
Silver Surfer #4

What if he's not actually buying the pages, but in fact he's been drawing all the comics the whole time?

How does Deadpool tie-in to that storyline? Cuz of his wifey?

TheFlow

Banned
Must buy
Future quest #1
Power man and iron fist #4

Maybe if I am bored and dumb
Civil war #0
Spider man #4

Backlog issues
All new wolverine
Invincible iron man

Backlog hc
Wonder Woman earth 1
Hellboy volume 2-12
I zombie
Gotham central

Okay, so you guys mentioned Glory was good, so that covers that one. What about Hell Yeah, Ringside, or Tech Jacket, which are in that same Comixology sale. Any thoughts on those?

i enjoyed the first couple issues of Tech Jacket but I fell behind. Give the first issue a thought if you're interested, Khary Randolph is very good

Zombine

Banned
I know the poor girl is hurt, but Jesus don't give your shit away. This is exactly what will happen. Someone is gonna head over to her site, purge the art, raise the price by $100 and wait for some bait.

ElNarez

Banned
I know the poor girl is hurt, but Jesus don't give your shit away. This is exactly what will happen. Someone is gonna head over to her site, purge the art, raise the price by $100 and wait for some bait.

Your pick:

a) maybe the emotional cost of keeping it is such that it's not worth it to keep it around
b) maybe now's the best time to sell it because who the fuck is gonna want original Rat Queens art when it's soon gonna be known as "that series that fired a lady to bring back a domestic abuser", like, I'd feel weird about owning Rat Queens art TODAY, and it's only gonna get worse

Zombine

Banned
Your pick:

a) maybe the emotional cost of keeping it is such that it's not worth it to keep it around
b) maybe now's the best time to sell it because who the fuck is gonna want original Rat Queens art when it's soon gonna be known as "that series that fired a lady to bring back a domestic abuser", like, I'd feel weird about owning Rat Queens art TODAY, and it's only gonna get worse

Nah I know, but if it hurts give them away to fans on Twitter. It would at least be more rewarding. I believe the Hero Initiative runs an auction. Give it to them or something.

Top Bottom