• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

That creative break was just to get Fowler off the book so he could bring back Rockafort or whatever his name is.

According to Fowler, they're replacing her with Upchurch again

HORY SHIT

I had a feeling this was going to happen when Upchurch did his bullshit PR interview with CBR a while back (specifically with a female journalist). I ain't even mad. If anything is going to save the book, it's this.

#MakeRatQueensGreatAgain.

Messi

Went on Hiatus, Fowler leaving, replaced with some guy who I've never heard of but is apparently an abusive shitheel.

Beaten like Deku's bones.

He was the original artist and co creator of Rat Queens. Also did the best art in the series but that is subjective.

Messi

Ah, okay. I knew that you guys said that he was a former RQ artist, but didn't know he was a cocreator. Makes it more understandable (albeit still wack) if true.

Yeah he is still getting paid for every issue. Some kind of royalty payment.

I think Tess has made it much harder for them to bring him back now in whats was already a very difficult thing to do.

Only subjective to people who don't have eyes.

I liked Sejics action and sex scenes more but all other Rat Queens stuff Roc was the best at. His versions of the characters are easily the best too. That was my biggest problem with Tess, her versions of those characters is bleh.

http://www.theouthousers.com/index....s-depature-upchurchs-return-wiebe-denies.html

Thats all we know. What Tess said and the fact that Wiebe denied Roc is coming back.

and Wiebe denied that this is happening.

Well yeah, that's why I worded it and said "According to Fowler".

There's clearly details missing right now and Hoffer (the one who emailed Wiebe) is saying to read Fowler's tweets on the subject as Wiebe isn't giving the full story. Something went down and it wasn't pretty.

I don't think Upchurch will be back on art myself but really, I hope he doesn't return. I don't care if his art is good but I'd rather not support him.

I liked Sejics action and sex scenes more but all other Rat Queens stuff Roc was the best at. His versions of the characters are easily the best too. That was my biggest problem with Tess, her versions of those characters is bleh.

I definitely liked Sejic, but Upchurch had this art on lock. Fowler art isn't bad, but it screams generic fantasy art. There's nothing remarkable about it.

I think Wiebe is only denying it because he knows he's going to become a social media punching bag for the next six months and is putting it off as long as possible.

Messi

Fowler should have stayed silent for a few weeks and let them dig their own grave.

I definitely liked Sejic, but Upchurch had this art on lock. Fowler art isn't bad, but it screams generic fantasy art. There's nothing remarkable about it.

I think Wiebe is only denying it because he knows he's going to become a social media punching bag for the next six months and is putting it off as long as possible.

If the X-Men 92 thing thought us anything its that comic book fans have a short memory about creators. That or they just don't care as long as the get their books.

If the X-Men 92 thing thought us anything its that comic book fans have a short memory about creators. That or they just don't care as long as the get their books.

Admittedly, this is me on occasion. If it's something I want to read. I'm reading that new Brian Wood Aliens comic, for example.

ElNarez

Banned

I dunno, I feel Chris Sims' biggest crime, iirc, was being super shitty online? Which, while terrible and bad, isn't, you know, all the terrible shit Roc Upchurch has done to his ex-wife and kids?

If I had any context regarding X-Men the animated series, I could see myself buying X-Men '92. I'm never buying a book with Roc Upchurch's name on it ever again. I have a list of terrible people I'm not buying books from, it's short, easy to maintain, and it saves me money and the headache of separating the artist from the art.

Messi

I dunno, I feel Chris Sims' biggest crime, iirc, was being super shitty online? Which, while terrible and bad, isn't, you know, all the terrible shit Roc Upchurch has done to his ex-wife and kids?

If I had any context regarding X-Men the animated series, I could see myself buying X-Men '92. I'm never buying a book with Roc Upchurch's name on it ever again. I have a list of terrible people I'm not buying books from, it's short, easy to maintain, and it saves me money and the headache of separating the artist from the art.

Is Brian Wood on that list?

Vibranium

Banned
So is Wiebe still replacing Fowler (though it's not going to be Upchurch, at least now)? Because there are some very good artists out there who could step in for Rat Queens.

Boogiepop

Thanks again to all you guys for always helping out with recommending/unrecommending stuff. One more quick question for the current Comixology sales: Thinking I'll give the volume 0 of Spider-Gwen a try for that price. Question is, do I need to grab the Edge of Spiderverse trade to go with it? (Thinking I'll just read the event itself on MU when I finally can get around to it as I remember people being really eh on the whole thing)

Thanks again to all you guys for always helping out with recommending/unrecommending stuff. One more quick question for the current Comixology sales: Thinking I'll give the volume 0 of Spider-Gwen a try for that price. Question is, do I need to grab the Edge of Spiderverse trade to go with it? (Thinking I'll just read the event itself on MU when I finally can get around to it as I remember people being really eh on the whole thing)

No, you can just start with Spider-Gwen if you want to try it

The series is ok, but I wouldn't really recommend it. I dropped it myself.

Zombine

Banned
I still say that the best bet the book has is to start from scratch X amount of years in the future with a stable creative team. They can fill in the blanks as they go.

It would be exciting as well.

Messi

I still say that the best bet the book has is to start from scratch X amount of years in the future with a stable creative team. They can fill in the blanks as they go.

It would be exciting as well.

They have left the book in a place where they need to explain what is happening.

shingi70

Banned
Urg the DCEU hate is so annoying at times.

So grabbing Superman Confidential and that Catwoman run.

How are those tec issues and Batman/Spirit.

Nudull

Banned
Do some of you folks really want to go down as the ones who said "Sure, that guy was a known liar and was a total monster towards his wife, but he makes purdy drawings"?

Do some of you folks really want to go down as the ones who said "Sure, that guy was a known liar and was a total monster towards his wife, but he makes purdy drawings"?

Sorry, but you're not going to guilt-trip me into avoiding a book that I would enjoy. Not in a world where Greg Land still gets work.

Owzers

He doesn't even need to be a good artist and i'd vote for him for president.

Top Bottom