• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

ElNarez

Banned
Sorry, but you're not going to guilt-trip me into avoiding a book that I would enjoy. Not in a world where Greg Land still gets work.

Really? That's gonna be your defense? A man did bad drawings, so it's okay if a man who hit his wife and kids gets to work on, and represent to the world, a positive book about women being empowered? You're gonna be fine with that?

I mean, you know Rat Queens isn't the only comic book ever, right? Not only that, but some of these other, non Rat Queens comics, are also fun fantasy comics starring women? And, as a bonus, women are making these comics?

Upchurch isn't worth stanning for. Rat Queens isn't worth stanning for. Forget about them, move on. Life's too short to justify reading half-decent women-led fantasy comic books illustrated by domestic abusers.

Its like a race between ElNarez and Nudull of who can be more morally outraged at comics every day

maybe we do need Trump to make Comics great again

#SillyMonkeyWasRight

Really? That's gonna be your defense? A man did bad drawings, so it's okay if a man who hit his wife and kids gets to work on, and represent to the world, a positive book about women being empowered? You're gonna be fine with that?

Luckily, I don't actually need a defense, and I can buy what I want.

You're perfectly free not to.

Messi

Luckily, I don't actually need a defense, and I can buy what I want.

You're perfectly free not to.

image.php

Nudull

Banned
Its like a race between ElNarez and Nudull of who can be more morally outraged at comics every day

maybe we do need Trump to make Comics great again

#SillyMonkeyWasRight

Because giving a shit about the careers, health and well-being of women (especially in the comics industry) is hilarious, right?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Man I dont feel like reading anything older and ive read all the anad stuff ;_;

#firstcomicworldproblems

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Speaking of reading comics I'm going to get in an hour of Superior Foes before Jon Snow turns into a zombie and starts eating northmen.

Owzers

Man I dont feel like reading anything older and ive read all the anad stuff ;_;

#firstcomicworldproblems

After reading another issue of Edmonson's Punisher, #4 perhaps, i started ANAD Bendisman #1. Bendis continues to give me things i read on MU that i'd dislike if I paid money, but it was a good enough first issue: I liked the art, it moved quickly for the most parts outside of Tony's date with a scientist and I am interested in
Doom being around.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oh happy birthday Messi

Edit: you just ruined Overwatch with that picture so im taking back my happy birthday wishes

Zombine

Banned
Happy birthday m8

How dank is the lore in Birthright? Is it something that fans of high fantasy such as myself would enjoy, or is it a pass?

I leave Witcher books on my coffee table so people see how refined my tastes are.

Messi

Didn't wanna spill the beans earlier

But

I am the new rat queens artist

Its me

But I'm also outraged

This new guy is a jerk

Nice to finally have a Mexican working on Rat Queens. I hope you do well. Zombeen tells me your art is terrible though. so...:/

Let's all just settle down and read David Lapham's Ferals together

happy birthday! turning 40 only happens once a lifetime, so savor it!!

Gah! I am not 40, I am turning 30 it is already difficult enough.

Didn't wanna spill the beans earlier

But

I am the new rat queens artist

Its me

But I'm also outraged

This new guy is a jerk

Well shit

if you buy it, you support the creation of a domestic abuser. But if you don't buy it, you're not supporting a Mexican. Which makes you a racist.

Choose wisely

arkon

Happy birthday m8

How dank is the lore in Birthright? Is it something that fans of high fantasy such as myself would enjoy, or is it a pass?

I leave Witcher books on my coffee table so people see how refined my tastes are.

You get scraps in every issue. What is there definitely skews toward high fantasy. I wouldn't say it's too substantial after 15 issues though. Still worth checking out.

Top Bottom