• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| May 2017 - Every Empire Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.

VeeP

The new Batman Beyond was interesting.

Spoilers:
The new Ras al Ghul is Damian Wayne. Him and Terry are about to duke it out.

Whooooo, Saucer State is back! This book was previously published by DC as Vertigo title Saucer Country. The title had to be changed when IDW picked it up for...reasons, I guess.

The new Batman Beyond was interesting.

Spoilers:
The new Ras al Ghul is Damian Wayne. Him and Terry are about to duke it out.

Were you surprised though with how much it was hinted at the first issue of this story?
I really hated just how much Bruce was emphasizing Damien as an important Robin and talking about him doing something wrong so many times. It was just way too heavy handed.

caliph95

-Read Indies
-Comics are passe
-Trades are expensive
-Read Manga

That summed up that thread
Congratulations you summed up every comic thread anyway
Not complaining that people can't post what they want all power to them, the threads are just predictable

Rapture #1 AKA make Shadowman cool again

We all like shitty comics from time to time and I will admit to liking the Jordan and Zircher reboot of Shadowman. idgaf I'll read bad comics if I wanna

caliph95

We all like shitty comics from time to time and I will admit to liking the Jordan and Zircher reboot of Shadowman. idgaf I'll read bad comics if I wanna
Honestly that was ok and fine but didn't help when much better books X-O, HArbinger, Q&W and A&A were currently running (also bloodshot)
In fact i really liked the art too bad it was the weakest and least interesting so no one cared about the book until it got a relaunch that no one read except Launchpad
Divided We Fall
United We Stand

Sandfox

Its just getting funny when these two guys of ours who complain all the time are ranting about books they dont read.

Still, I have to agree that it gets super annyoing when you can imagine what people post when you just see their name, but luckily NeoGAF provides solutions to fix this.
Yeah, all that stuff has gotten predictable and a lot of the "suggestions" people make on the internet show they are either biased or don't understand what they are talking about.

Vic_Viper

When does Cable #1 launch? It and Iceman are the only series left still to come out right?

And is Joe Kelly/Ed McGuinness off Deadpool/Spider-man? The latest solicets have a different team working on the book. That book had so much potential but it seems like they are missing issues all the time since the first arc or two. Its a shame because Kelly and McGuinness can do great things together, especially with Deadpool.

Yeah, all that stuff has gotten predictable and a lot of the "suggestions" people make on the internet show they are either biased or don't understand what they are talking about.
While I definitely fall into the "Marvel currently being run my morons" camp, the guy saying that superhero books had to all be be kid-friendly if the publishers wanted a chance at relevancy made me scratch my head lol.

While I definitely fall into the "Marvel currently being run my morons" camp, the guy saying that superhero books had to all be be kid-friendly if the publishers wanted a chance at relevancy made me scratch my head lol.
Yeah, heh. Though, I wouldn't mind a new Adventures imprint being created.

Sandfox

DAm5M27XsAArJtH

Few comic fans actually understand what would be viable. Like those vids the comic pop people made about fixing the X-Men and the Marvel Universe. Both had terrible ideas that would hurt rather than help.

Messi

When does Cable #1 launch? It and Iceman are the only series left still to come out right?

And is Joe Kelly/Ed McGuinness off Deadpool/Spider-man? The latest solicets have a different team working on the book. That book had so much potential but it seems like they are missing issues all the time since the first arc or two. Its a shame because Kelly and McGuinness can do great things together, especially with Deadpool.

Next week

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
^ Chase looks great.

Is the reason that 4 Kids Walk Into a Bank takes forever to come out the artist? Because the book looks just great (very Aja), and I'd love to see him do more.

And Guardians #2 (book not movie) was also really good. I didn't know that
The Collector could get huge, is that new?

caliph95

^ Chase looks great.

Is the reason that 4 Kids Walk Into a Bank takes forever to come out the artist? Because the book looks just great (very Aja), and I'd love to see him do more.

And Guardians #2 (book not movie) was also really good. I didn't know that
The Collector could get huge, is that new?
He is technically a cosmic being so why not

Yeah, heh. Though, I wouldn't mind a new Adventures imprint being created.

Please. The all ages/kid books they put out now are terrible. DC had some good stuff for a bit, lil Gotham and the GL animated book but this stuff never seems to last long at either publisher. Even now with books that are right in tone for a 9 year old, they're way too wordy, so some proper dedicated kids stuff would be nice. Like I considered Monsters Unleashed, but even with the tone fitting, the sheer amount of reading doesn't work for younger kids. That book actually aimed at young kids would be cool though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom