• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| May 2017 - Every Empire Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Haven't made an IST order in awhile but had to last week. Just picked it up today.

Think I did good. Little apprehensive about getting into Saga book 2, keep hearing it goes down hill and don't want that to be my memory of it.

Wait... What? It's better than ever.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

Black Magick #7
Crosswind #3
Curse Words #7
Elsewhere #1
Extremity #6
I Hate Fairyland #13
Kill or Be Killed #11
Kill The Minotaur #3
Lazarus X-66 #2
Sacred Creatures #2
Saga #46
Seven to Eternity #9
Spy Seal #1
Violent Love #7
The Walking Dead #170
The Wicked + The Divine #30
Youngblood #4

Not a very strong month for me. Only 17 titles and most of my top tier books are missing.

Wait... What? It's better than ever.

Yeah someone be lying to poor poor Ponn.

Aizo

Banned
Oh my god, Rocket Girl isn't dead!! Issue 8 finally comes out in August. My ex is going to be super excited. She loves that series.

Messi

Oh my god, Rocket Girl isn't dead!! Issue 8 finally comes out in August. My ex is going to be super excited. She loves that series.

Amy Reeder seems to have left Moon Girl to go back to drawing this.

You still talk with your ex? I couldn't, super awks.

Thats not what I kept hearing about it, well at least I will be pleasantly surprised then. Better than disappointment.

I have honestly never heard that. Especially not here. Easily in my top 5 if not top 3. Can't wait for more.

If she's your ex, why do you give a shit? Asking honestly.

Can't decide if I want to jump back into that or not.

Eh, I didn't even make it through the first arc. It wasn't bad, just not for me.

That's on you, but I believe your purchase actually increases the chance the movie is garbage.

Can you still cancel and give Wonder Woman a fighting chance?

I had to pre-order the exclusive to get the shield. Once the exclusive sells out, she won't even come with a shield. Sideshow pls.

I could cancel but I paid a $50 non-refundable deposit.

If she's your ex, why do you give a shit? Asking honestly.

Eh, I didn't even make it through the first arc. It wasn't bad, just not for me.

I had to pre-order the exclusive to get the shield. Once the exclusive sells out, she won't even come with a shield. Sideshow pls.

You can still be friends with your ex, man.

PsychBat!

Banned
Is Seven to Eternity good?

I read the first three issues and it's okay. I'll get back to it eventually. While the main plot is nothing new, the lore behind it isn't derivative. The characters don't stand out IIRC and like Remender's other work, the main character is a father.

Friend, are you prioritizing your $50 over the future of female-led superhero films?

Weird about the shield. Is that standard statue practice? I thought comic collectors had it bad with lenticular covers and Harley Quinn variants.

Weird about the shield. Is that standard statue practice? I thought comic collectors had it bad with lenticular covers and Harley Quinn variants.

Sideshow usually does a limited number of exclusive editions, then once those sell out, only regular is available. Basically, the exclusive will include an extra part, like an alternate portrait (head) or something like that. Rarely is it something so integral to the figure as the shield. It's usually something neat, but not a must-have.

For comparison:
dc-comics-batman-vs-superman-wonder-woman-premium-format-3004001-02.jpg
dc-comics-batman-vs-superman-wonder-woman-premium-format-300400-04.jpg

Megatron

Sideshow usually does a limited number of exclusive editions, then once those sell out, only regular is available. Basically, the exclusive will include an extra part, like an alternate portrait (head) or something like that. Rarely is it something so integral to the figure as the shield. It's usually something neat, but not a must-have.

For comparison:

I looked it up because that is really nice looking.

$500? holy hell!

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/dc-comics-wonder-woman-sideshow-collectibles-3004001/

I looked it up because that is really nice looking.

$500? holy hell!

Ha. Yeah. They're not cheap. Though they are huge. That WW is 20" tall.

Premium Formats average $400-$600 these days. There are also some really nice Maquettes, like Thanos and Darkseid, but those are about $1200 each.

Darkseid is 32" tall and Thanos is...well... THE SIZE OF A MAN'S TORSO. I did seriously consider that Thanos, but A) the exclusive sold out in a few hours, and B) I really have nowhere to put it.

PsychBat!

Banned

Premium Formats average $400-$600 these days. There are also some really nice Maquettes, like Thanos and Darkseid, but those are about $1200 each.

Darkseid is 32" tall and Thanos is...well... THE SIZE OF A MAN'S TORSO. I did seriously consider that Thanos, but A) the exclusive sold out in a few hours, and B) I really have nowhere to put it.
Get the Ron Lim one.

Owzers

I'm really impressed with this harley figure line, though i only have the super hero one, very nice details on the face, a little iffy paint on the lips but not nearly as bad as my cooke supergirl figure.

JTripper

Finally got to book 5 of Y: The Last Man after years of putting it off. Honestly, I'm not as into it as I was during books 1 and 2. Looking forward to finishing it though.

Bii

I'm still considering Thanos. Only problem I have is dedicating a space for it.

DirtyLarry

I do not participate in these threads a lot but I am also an avid comic reader and have been for most of my life.

I just wanted to share with those who may appreciate it as I do not have a whole lot of friends IRL who also read comics, I just officially picked up my first (and second) pieces of original comic book art.

In particular, I really have enjoyed the 3 book series A.D. After Death by Scott Snyder and Jeff Lemire which just wrapped up last week with Book 3.

I picked up 2 pages from Book 2. Pages 26 & 27 to be specific. If you read the series, I specifically picked up these 2 pages as not only were they available, but I feel it is a pretty big part of the overall story now that I have read Book 3.

I am really psyched as I am a huge, huge fan of Jeff's style and approach, and it really has been a great, unique little series.

Here are the two originals I picked up. 12x18 on Bristol Board with Inks and Watercolor.
Page 26
z6vc.jpg

Page 27
06vc.jpg

Bii

I can't imagine buying it without the grinning portrait, though. Makes it so much better, and that version sold out super fast.

I've already come to terms that I'm not going to get that exclusive portrait. :(

As a matter of fact, I was going to just buy the Sideshow print because I didn't lock in on the exclusive maquette...but I don't think the print ever went "public".

VanWinkle

I do not participate in these threads a lot but I am also an avid comic reader and have been for most of my life.

I just wanted to share with those who may appreciate it as I do not have a whole lot of friends IRL who also read comics, I just officially picked up my first (and second) pieces of original comic book art.

In particular, I really have enjoyed the 3 book series A.D. After Death by Scott Snyder and Jeff Lemire which just wrapped up last week with Book 3.

I picked up 2 pages from Book 2. Pages 26 & 27 to be specific. If you read the series, I specifically picked up these 2 pages as not only were they available, but I feel it is a pretty big part of the overall story now that I have read Book 3.

I am really psyched as I am a huge, huge fan of Jeff's style and approach, and it really has been a great, unique little series.

Here are the two originals I picked up. 12x18 on Bristol Board with Inks and Watercolor.
Page 26
z6vc.jpg

Page 27
06vc.jpg

That's awesome man. I feel like Lemire is getting better and better.

And you should post more! It's great having a place to talk about this stuff with others who are just as passionate.

I've already come to terms that I'm not going to get that exclusive portrait. :(

I'm gonna have to pass at that price if I'm not going to get the exclusive. But it would have been an even better piece if he was holding a Cosmic Cube in his left hand. The pose is perfect for it.

Page 26
z6vc.jpg

Page 27
06vc.jpg

I'm so happy for you, for real! I haven't read that series (as I don't tend to enjoy Snyder), but I am a Lemire fan! Sweet Tooth is my favorite so far, but I have a lot yet to read such as Decender, The Underwater Welder, and Essex County. Currently reading his ongoing, Royal City. I'll be getting around to Roughneck shortly.

Anyway, I love his art style. Especially when paired with his water colours! I'm excited for your pick up!

Aizo

Banned
This answers Freeza's question too.
Amy Reeder seems to have left Moon Girl to go back to drawing this.

You still talk with your ex? I couldn't, super awks.
We were like all we had living in rural Japan together, and we dated for two years. We get along really well, so we still talk every day despite breaking up almost a year ago. Pretty rare, but I only get along with some of my exes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom