• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| May 2017 - Every Empire Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone hold Donnie. I changed my avatar today.

Haha, I'm heartbroken...over how cute that thing is. Is that a TMNT thing? I can't wait to get onto the Sophie Campbell stuff, I just have to y'know, do it.

Same, I'm dreading getting Hulu but I fucking loved Runaways back in high school.

Right? If they can just nail that original run, I can go home happy. But you start seeing the pics, and teen actors can be so up and down. I'll think positive vibes though. It'll be better than Iron Fist at least.

This Burnham Wonder Woman is my everything

"access denied" you tease.

mreddie

Right? If they can just nail that original run, I can go home happy. But you start seeing the pics, and teen actors can be so up and down. I'll think positive vibes though. It'll be better than Iron Fist at least.

I was more hyped for C/D after that trailer than fucking Iron Fist.

Haha, I'm heartbroken...over how cute that thing is. Is that a TMNT thing? I can't wait to get onto the Sophie Campbell stuff, I just have to y'know, do it.

Yeah, it's Alopex from the TMNT comics.

3916080-7596587527-tumbl.png

God damn, Walking Dead 167 was the strongest issue that series has seen in a while. Great stuff.

Are you a furry now? Just seen your avatar and was curious

XD

That furry Captain Marvel avatar I once had got me a few PMs informing me of the existence of the furry thread.

tim1138

Hey, that's awesome! Not what I expected at all, but I love the flair haha also, no Megan Fox smooshy face, which I can't help but see in every panel of the current run lol

I'm guessing you mean Liam Sharp's Diana? Sometimes she looks great but then in the very next panel she can look like she has no rib cage. He's a nice artist, but I think I'd prefer to see him on something like Swamp Thing or a Justice League Dark reboot where he could draw monsters and such.

shingi70

Banned
Mind control in the water from Faustus, patriotic fervor, and capitalizing on anti mutant and inhuman sentiments with segregation and concentration camps respectively.

I want to try to Refute all of that, but considering the state of our country I'd be hard pressed too.

It totally did, in the Extreme Sacrifice crossover, although I've probably just gave a more coherent account of it than any of the actual books did, and falsely represented it as a masterpiece. I believe the crossover ends with Rob and Todd falling out and Todd writing anything to do with Chapel out of the Spawn mythos, which really makes the whole thing awkward.

On a more serious note lol, is it a reboot then, or is all the old stuff supposed to have happened? It feels so weird to be a normal superhero comic after everything Brandon Graham did with Prophet, Diehard in that is awesome!
I'm not sure what specifically has or hasn't happened - the team is apparently mostly newer members although older characters are still in the book, and have backstory. Bowers said in an interview that those characters aren't exactly the same, either. So, sorta?

Legit surprised the Op doesn't have a section for statues at this point,

She won't let me do it.

Lies. I'd be down with a statue section, but they're usually solicited so far in advance we'd have to note that in the OT so people can get their pre-orders in on time or they will miss getting DCBS prices like Messi did on that Wonder Woman horse statue. He was heartbroken.

Also, I would only include one in every 3rd OT or so. New statues son't really get announced that often.

Messi

Lies. I'd be down with a statue section, but they're usually solicited so far in advance we'd have to note that in the OT so people can get their pre-orders in on time or they will miss getting DCBS prices like Messi did on that Wonder Woman horse statue. He was heartbroken.

Also, I would only include one in every 3rd OT or so. New statues son't really get announced that often.

YOU WOULD BRING THAT UP TO TWIST THE KNIFE ON THE FUCKING RELEASE DATE OF THE STATUE. FUCK YOU.

In addition to the underwear ad, which is free, they also put out a Guardians book telling the story of their new theme park ride (the replacement for the Tower of Terror), and for that one, they had the balls to charge $4.99.

we didn't need this many Guardians books in one week and I like the Guardians
It's the most spam I think I've ever seen from Marvel. They had:

1. First issue of the Duggan/Kuder ongoing
2. First issue of the Starlin/Davis mini
3. The one-shot for the Disney ride
4. The underwear one-shot
5. The FCBD issue this Saturday

They did this last time too when we had several Guardians books going on at once. It's too much. Marvel can't help themselves but oversaturate when a new movie is coming out.
Only two of the books this week are "real".

CazTGG

Perhaps a bit off-topic, but what has Bruce Banner/The Hulk been up to since he was brought back to life and is there any chance we'll see Hulk try to "Smash puny Hydra out of Hulk friend Cap" in Secret Empire?

Perhaps a bit off-topic, but what has Bruce Banner/The Hulk been up to since he was brought back to life and is there any chance we'll see Hulk try to "Smash puny Hydra out of Hulk friend Cap" in Secret Empire?

Sorry, he's dead again. Got killed off by Hawkeye in Civil War II. She-Hulk is still around, and Amadeus Cho is now the current Hulk.

I thought the Hand revived him some time after Civil War II, did he die after that?
Wikipedia:

"Following the funeral of Bruce Banner, the Hand in allegiance with Daniel Drumm's ghost steal Bruce Banner's body in order to use the dead to bolster their ranks. When the reassembled Uncanny Avengers went to Japan and attempted to enlist Elektra for help in stopping the Hand, the ritual that the Hand performed has been completed as the Uncanny Avengers are attacked by a revived Hulk who is wearing samurai armor. The Uncanny Avengers were able to contain Hulk's rampage and sever his mystical link to the Beast of the Hand. Afterwards, Hulk regressed back to Bruce Banner and returned to the dead."

Sandfox

One of the BC writers wrote an article so misinformed that he had to apologize because people were sending Remender and Spencer death threats over it.

I thought the Hand revived him some time after Civil War II, did he die after that?
They sent him back at the end of the arc. I would expect him to come back when Marvel Legacy starts up though.

LMAO @ Secret Empire #1
This Hydra council meeting is like the Marvel equivalent of the Trump administration. Viper is in charge of public safety lololololol

Owzers

Quit making me want to read spoilers for books I'll read in half a year.

I haven't talked about the Rockets in awhile, are they still the official team of comicsgaf? Just like with marvel, our favorites are the ones that flop.

CazTGG

Wikipedia:

"Following the funeral of Bruce Banner, the Hand in allegiance with Daniel Drumm's ghost steal Bruce Banner's body in order to use the dead to bolster their ranks. When the reassembled Uncanny Avengers went to Japan and attempted to enlist Elektra for help in stopping the Hand, the ritual that the Hand performed has been completed as the Uncanny Avengers are attacked by a revived Hulk who is wearing samurai armor. The Uncanny Avengers were able to contain Hulk's rampage and sever his mystical link to the Beast of the Hand. Afterwards, Hulk regressed back to Bruce Banner and returned to the dead."

They sent him back at the end of the arc. I would expect him to come back when Marvel Legacy starts up though.

Well, there goes that wonderful image from my head. Maybe Sam Wilson or the Punisher will be the one to literally knock some sense into Captain America?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom