• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| May 2017 - Every Empire Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find Extremity so interesting because on paper it should seem so generic and like just another fantasy epic put in a post apocalyptic future, but it really doesn't come off forced or cliché. You got Mad Max mixed with some sci-fi star wars or Saga. But it throws in some interesting world building and a world with interest in art and its significance to the characters. There's just a lot packed into the first three issues.

It could all come crashing down and be boring and generic as it probably should be, but so far it's been a fun and great read.

You already have that. We call it Valiant Estate.

thatsthejoke.jpg

Fury451

Banned
Black Bolt #1

WOW!

Is it good if you don't like the character or the Inhumans though? Because they are the most bleh team in Marvel imo (aside from Ms. Marvel if she counts), but the book looked interesting, and I thought Vision would be a misfire and that ended up being one of the best runs of all time for me personally.

Messi

Is it good if you don't like the character or the Inhumans though? Because they are the most bleh team in Marvel imo (aside from Ms. Marvel if she counts), but the book looked interesting, and I thought Vision would be a misfire and that ended up being one of the best runs of all time for me personally.

I believe he is away from the Inhumans right now.

Zombine

Banned
Yeah but,
you know, it meant something

100%. It was incredible.

I'm not an Inhumans fan and I loved this. It's just a good solo Sci-Fi adventure and I freaking love Ward's art.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Amy Reeder just told me on Twitter that Rocket Girl is coming back in August if there is anyone here that still remember that book exists.

What's the consensus around here on Black Monday Murders? I'm about halfway through the the trade and it's intriguing, but maybe a bit too Hickman for me with all this complex exposition. Not sure if it gets a little less esoteric?

What's the consensus around here on Black Monday Murders? I'm about halfway through the the trade and it's intriguing, but maybe a bit too Hickman for me with all this complex exposition. Not sure if it gets a little less esoteric?

I honestly loved the first trade, but it is super Hickman-y, and doesn't really let up, it's pretty consistent. Was a big fan of his older stuff and it felt like a call back in some ways, so it pushed my buttons, but I can see it not being for everyone. I mean, you're half way through now, may as well finish up and see if it comes together for you. I think it actually gets a little less straight forward in issue 3 and 4, I felt like I had to go back over the diary entries a few times as I got to certain plot points and cross reference for it all to come together, but that was probably part of the fun on my end.

I honestly loved the first trade, but it is super Hickman-y, and doesn't really let up, it's pretty consistent. Was a big fan of his older stuff and it felt like a call back in some ways, so it pushed my buttons, but I can see it not being for everyone. I mean your half way through now, may as well finish up and see if it comes together with you. I think it actually gets a little less straight forward in issue 3 and 4, I felt like I had to go back over the diary entries a few times as I got to certain plot points and cross reference for it all to come together, but that was probably part of the fun on my end.

I'm a fan of Hickman, but this is maybe a little too much for me, or maybe not what I'm looking for right now. I'll give it until the end of the trade. I can't imagine keeping up with this month to month.

tim1138

I'm a fan of Hickman, but this is maybe a little too much for me, or maybe not what I'm looking for right now. I'll give it until the end of the trade. I can't imagine keeping up with this month to month.

Don't worry, I'm sure Hickman feels the same way

Haha before Game Of Thrones he was on a British show called Misfits about a group of delinquents doing community service who get super powers actually, I think his was invisibility.

I think I saw some DVD sets of that show sitting in Barnes & Noble once. Seems like a bizarre premise.

I think I saw some DVD sets of that show sitting in Barnes & Noble once. Seems like a bizarre premise.

It was, it was funny but pretty dark. Basically a group of chavs/neds (not sure what this would be to you guys) taking drugs, having sex and being somewhat bad people. It begins with them killing their parole officer and trying to cover it up haha the powers just serve to further screw everything up. Not sure how the humour would play to you guys though, it's very channel 4. I have no real perception of whether these kind of things come across the same way we catch on to American TV?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Finally finalised my order of my 9 FCBD Books! Hope they arrive until Saturday, but I am not counting on it.

How far did you watch in? Imo the original cast were fantastic, and even the first season with Joe Gilgun after Nathan left was great. I dropped off after that, felt like it had run it's course but while it lasted it was awesome.

Half to the second season, then it was taken offline. Would love to see the remaining seasons, but its not been on Netflix since then.

Vic_Viper

Anyone know how long the Star Wars and Darth Vader books will be on sale till on Amazon?

Wish Star Wars Vol. 2 was out already. Dont really understand why the Vader books come out so much sooner than the main line books.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom