• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| May 2017 - Every Empire Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandfox

When did he say this? I would trust Johns more than Snyder.

The writer also confirms that Metal is scheduled to run for six issues beginning in August, with he and Greg Capullo planning to work on all six issues without guest creators.

"Six issues, all by us. All contained," wrote Snyder. "Like with owls, joker, tie ins with be additive, speak to their own series."
http://www.newsarama.com/33873-snyder-frames-dark-nights-metal-as-dc-wide-event-reveals-length.html

He said more about tie ins on twitter a good while back.

TheFlow

Banned
When did Snyder say there would be no tie ins?

Snyder is writing Doomsday?

C_1VlCQUQAEOYbk.jpg

you seem confused.

Snyder is writing Doomsday?

C_1VlCQUQAEOYbk.jpg

you seem confused.
You...missed a lot here.

People are saying that if Johns is out there promoting Doomsday Clock by saying they aren't going to water it down with tie-ins, then he's kinda shitting on Snyder & company, because they're getting ready to do another event from the same company that will have tie-ins.

TheFlow

Banned
You...missed a lot here.

People are saying that if Johns is out there promoting Doomsday Clock by saying they aren't going to water it down with tie-ins, then he's kinda shitting on Snyder & company, because they're getting ready to do another event from the same company that will have tie-ins.

The link that sandfox linked says all the DC heroes will be be apart of the 6 issue mini series kick starting the new brand.

do we have solicits for August yet?

"Six issues, all by us. All contained," wrote Snyder. "Like with owls, joker, tie ins with be additive, speak to their own series."

That said, Snyder said that there won't be any other books or titles readers will need to have read to enjoy the book.

"You never have had to read a DC book before. It's page 1 friendly."

Where am I missing the tie ins and crossovers? It is all contained in a mini.

Twist: the Watchmen theme will be more relevant than ever as we enter nuclear war with North Korea this November. Doomsday Clock never releases, sadly.

DC has been pretty clear on this:

Metal: A big DCU wide story that will have spin-offs, etc and not tie into the Watchman story from Rebirth.

Johns' thing, which we now know is Doomsday Clock won't interact with Metal. A self-contained, four issue mini isn't going to shit on anything that Snyder and Capullo are doing.

Sandfox

The link that sandfox linked says all the DC heroes will be be apart of the 6 issue mini series kick starting the new brand.

That said, Snyder said that there won't be any other books or titles readers will need to have read to enjoy the book.

Well I mean there's the part saying "tie ins will be addictive, speak to their own series".

Also, I don't want to dig for it, but Snyder said via twitter that there would be tie ins around when we first got info about the event.

Ross61

It's possible that the tie ins that Snyder are talking about are the other Dark Matter titles that will be spinning out of Metal since they will be going on at the same time.

It literally says "tie ins will be additive, speak to their own series". And he cites things like Court of Owls, which were also self-contained stories that had tie-ins.

TheFlow

Banned
It literally says "tie ins will be additive, speak to their own series". And he cites things like Court of Owls, which were also self-contained stories that had tie-ins.

I am waiting on Solicits to see what type of tie ins we getting . Article made it seem like the big DC heroes will be featured in the main story.

It's possible that the tie ins that Snyder are talking about are the other Dark Matter titles that will be spinning out of Metal since they will be going on at the same time.

this is what am I thinking, that is why I said " wait till August solicits"

tie ins could mean theone shots like we got for JLA leading into the several titles which can be considered spinoffs.

I am waiting on Solicits to see what type of tie ins we getting . Article made it seem like the big DC heroes will be featured in the main story.

this is what am I thinking, that is why I said " wait till August solicits"

tie ins could mean theone shots like we got for JLA leading into the several titles which can be considered spinoffs.
What difference does it make what form the tie-ins take? That isn't relevant to the context in which anyone was discussing whether it did or didn't have tie-ins.

Scott Snyder on twitter: I can tell you first hand that @geoffjohns and @1moreGaryFrank are going to blow your minds with this one.
https://mobile.twitter.com/Ssnyder1835/status/863944360014073862

Makes the whole "Johns shit on him" theory seem silly,
You're taking the observation more seriously than it was intended. It's just a weird thing to say when someone else has an event with tie-ins also coming coming up soon from your same company. No one was saying there's beef or anything.

TheFlow

Banned
Scott Snyder on twitter: I can tell you first hand that @geoffjohns and @1moreGaryFrank are going to blow your minds with this one.
https://mobile.twitter.com/Ssnyder1835/status/863944360014073862

Makes the whole "Johns shit on him" theory seem silly,

I think everyone at DC at least the writers are on the same page. They aren't shitting on each other.

You're taking the observation more seriously than it was intended. It's just a weird thing to say when someone else has an event with tie-ins also coming coming up soon from your same company. No one was saying there's beef or anything.

Johns probably made those comments to calm down the rabid Watchmen fan base. He wants to show respect to the series.

QUOTE=Sandfox;236842629]I don't see how you can go from this:

To denying Snyder's claim that there will be tie ins for Metal.[/QUOTE]

not denying. Just said I am waiting for August solicits to elaborate on what Snyder means by tie ins. He could easily be talking about the one shots are titles spinning out of Metal

mreddie

You could feel writers did not care about CW2 whatsoever. Some tried to make it work but yea.

Yeah, remember how with the Secret Wars stuff, they felt fun most of the time?

Then Civil War 2 where the tie ins hated themselves?

And now Empire where half of the writers are only playing ball where the rest are just saying FUCK NO.

TheFlow

Banned

And now Empire where half of the writers are only playing ball where the rest are just saying FUCK NO.

Secret War tie ins were hand down amazing and accessible.

Thors and OMl<3.

I think Marvel is just trying to get all this stuff over and relaunch to legacy. They even outright told everyone the outcome of this event.
Cap becomes regular cap again, and Sam will continue to be Cap.

but yea. I am glad marvel said they are chilling out with all the events/tie ins for later this year.

Doomsday Clock sounds amazing! Time for Phase 2 of Rebirth after the big meeting!

Edit: Someone pointed out that the final journal entry in Watchmen was on 1/11 so it would be cool if the story's first issue comes out then.

CazTGG

At least Civil War II gave us the glorious image of Justin Trudeau punching Iron Man in his face.
civil-war-choosing-sides-punch-out.jpg

Dalek

Morning Glories

I swear this series is just a continual stream of people asking, 'What the hell is going on!?'
And then getting a cryptic non answer.

I wasn't aware when I started reading it that it "ends" incomplete. And I seriously doubt there's going to be a Vol. 2.

error4041

Avengers Standoff was a fun story, It also shows that Spencer can write a fun story about Steve Rogers when he isn't a Hydra agent, so it gives me hope for the Cap book post-Secret Empire. assuming Spencer stays on the book.

Frank tweeted a page and some words.

The title's blank because I was going to tweet this before the big news was broken.
Some stuff: 1) DClock Is not Watchmen 2. Only Moore & Gibbons could do that (though WM should clearly be seen as a standalone book).
2) For me, Watchmen is the best thing the genre has ever produced. We are not changing it. Clock doesn't even need to be seen as WM canon.
3) The respect for the source material will be absolutely obvious to anyone who reads this book.
4) It's going to be fun. Just that. Relax and enjoy or ignore. If you think it's heresy, you may want to get a little perspective.

Mind MGMT hardcovers were superb, and stuff like the big Pistolwhip and Fear Agent sets are great.

I wish they'd done hardcover for Black Hammer. I'm also really annoyed that the early retail listing for Black Hammer Vol 2 suggests the annual isn't being collected. WTF.

Really? Hmmm. I wonder if they're holding off and they'll have a trade made up of side stuff like that at some point? There is a story illustrated by David Rubin recently right? I would love those Mind MGMT HCs as well man.

Are all the trades reasonably priced? Feels like a series I would want to own physically. Library editions the way to go?

Trade prices are fine, DH trade prices tend to skew a little higher than your average Image trade by a £ or two, a few dollars in the US I guess, but they are high quality, nice paper and cover stock with really nice sketch sections at the back in most cases. Everyone tends to swear by the Library editions, yea. That's like the one thing I can't comment on personally haha but even yesterday there was some folks talking about how nice they are, top of the pile in quality basically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom