• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2013. Truly, tofurkey is the offspring of some Black Science.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nudull

Banned
So I've been thinking about whether I want to pick up Pretty Deadly #2, and I read the preview for the second issue to help me decide. And.. I think I want it? I feel like the first issue offered a few puzzle pieces. I don't know what the puzzle will turn out to be or whether I'll even like it but I want to take a look at a few more pieces. I wouldn't even say I'm interested or intrigued so much as I'm curious.

How 'bout you guys? I know a lot of you read the first issue. Who is staying on board and who is jumping off?

I'm staying on. It has plenty of potential going for it, and I believe in KSD.

Cheska

I just finished watching Thor: The Dark World, and I'm genuinely surprised they haven't reintroduced Jane Foster into the Thor comics as the astrophysicist and similar character the Portman plays in the movies. Seems like Thor already gained momentum when the first movie released, and with how big the character has become now and the new series, it's as good time as ever to bring Foster back in.

Batman / Superman was great. I love Toyman, I really, really do.

Caught up on the annuals from last week as well. Most were pretty good.

Then there was the Teen Titans and H'el Action Comics. Hrm. Teen Titans was actually not as bad as its been lately. Not great, mind you, but... OK. Actually an interesting fight between Kon and evil future Jon Kent Superboy.
Kon actually beat his ass which was surprising. Almost killed him.
Weird setup for why Kon is gone and Jon secretly replaced him but we'll see how it goes with the new Superboy writer.

Action Comics had Faora which automatically makes Lobdell's involvement slightly less painful. Story isn't terrible, though it has the usual Lobdell dialogue; though I did like the scene with Kon and pre-Krypton Destruction Kara.

I just finished watching Thor: The Dark World, and I'm genuinely surprised they haven't reintroduced Jane Foster into the Thor comics as the astrophysicist and similar character the Portman plays in the movies. Seems like Thor already gained momentum when the first movie released, and with how big the character has become now and the new series, it's as good time as ever to bring Foster back in.

She needs to beat cancer first and go back to school for an astrophysics course

Tizoc

Batman/Superman started a new story in #5?

Anyone else read Action Comics 25? What'd you think of it?

Acid08

Banned
You should read Journey into Mystery starring Sif.

tumblr_mn7raeGAbX1ryctvko1_500.png

Hnnng got those fear agents I bought awhile back up on ebay, 10 mins to go, hopefully I make my money back on em. Thinknig I might buy some of the new 52 dark books I've not checked out with the cash, anyone got any favourites or whatever? I read Swamp Thing, have tried Animal man.

ReiGun

Batman/Superman started a new story in #5?

Anyone else read Action Comics 25? What'd you think of it?
Action was great, and the new Bat/Supes arc did start in 5 and looks like real fun.

So far, it seems Greg Pak was exactly what Superman needed.

Cheska

Arrow-GAF frightens me, deeply.

ArrowGAF is the creepiest thread ever.

I know, I absolutely love the show but I definitely feel uncomfortable venturing in there sometimes. At least Rei is super cool and level headed.

I saw ya'll talking about Grant Morrison's run on Batman two pages ago. Are all of those books absolutely vital to the story or is it primarily the Batman and Robin volumes you enjoyed most?

kswiston

My wife and I started watching Arrow recently. It's entertaining in a cheesy way. Which girl is GAF creeping over? Thea or Felicity?

I know, I absolutely love the show but I definitely feel uncomfortable venturing in there sometimes. At least Rei is super cool and level headed.

I saw ya'll talking about Grant Morrison's run on Batman two pages ago. Are all of those books absolutely vital to the story or is it primarily the Batman and Robin volumes you enjoyed most?

It's definitely best to start from the beginning. Though, you could probably skip battle for the Cowl and the Rise of Ras Al Ghul crossovers.

It's all pretty essential. If you read all the books, you get a very satisfying overall story. You could just read Batman and Robin, but you'll miss out on some of the best moments.

Just back from Thor: The Dark World. Solid movie, first post-credits scene is crazy.

Cheska

My wife and I started watching Arrow recently. It's entertaining in a cheesy way. Which girl is GAF creeping over? Thea or Felicity?

Eh it's like everyone makes them froth at the mouth. The worst part of it though is the obnoxious level of hate for Laurel. Every other post is usually something along the lines that the character should die.

I pretty much like every character and feel that they all bring something unique to the show. Overall, it's enjoyable and I love the pace that the show runs at.

Okay guys, mission successful on ebay, and thus have made myself a basket on amazon with my winnings. Still running hot off of Batman month so delving a bit further in DC than I normally do. Have a basket sitting here on amazon consisting offf:

I, Vampire vols 1-3
Frankenstein vols 1 & 2
Dial H vol 1
JLD vol. 2 (I'm supposing I don't need to read vol.1 to start Lemire's run)

Does this sound wise?

tim1138

Read the whole thing from start to finish, it's all one big connected story arc.

ReiGun

Arrow-Gaf gets a little...antsy when the show isn't on. The off season was when the thread really starting wildin out.Things have gotten better now that the show is back on.

#TeamFelicity representing.

kswiston

Eh it's like everyone makes them froth at the mouth. The worst part of it though is the obnoxious level of hate for Laurel. Every other post is usually something along the lines that the character should die.

I pretty much like every character and feel that they all bring something unique to the show. Overall, it's enjoyable and I love the pace that the show runs at.

I'm only 12-13 eps into Season 1, but they are doing a good job balancing the current and flashback scenes. I'm not sure if the flashbacks continue into S2 (I imagine they do if they are covering 5 missing years), but those bits are always good.

It's funny how a cheap CW show based on Green Arrow is outclassing Marvel's expensive SHIELD series in pretty much every way.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Did Marvel reveal who supposedly killed The Living Tribunal? Or was that swept under the rug?

New Preview for Image's Umbral #1

I wasn't really into the first preview but this one has peaked my interest. And they are touting it as being an "extra-long first issue" at 2.99. That's how you do it.

Edit: Did anyone else read Drumheller #1? The storytelling was kind of weird but the premise is interesting.

Splatt

The Manhattan Projects is really great.

I agree with anyone who says that it's the best thing Hickman has done.

Batgirl is awesome. Discuss.

yea! I'm really liking it right now.

I like Stephanie best.

yea!
I like babs most

I do really like cartoon Babs

fQPgUoJ.gif

man they really need to get some kind of collection so it gets easier to tell people to get it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom