• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2013. Truly, tofurkey is the offspring of some Black Science.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Why is there a Wolverine #1 coming out in 2014? There have only been 11 issues of the current Wolverine run.

I don't like how often they are starting the run counts over. New Fantastic Four? If it's still Fantastic Four, keep the numbers going.

I feel the opposite but wish they'd take it a bit further. I like starting off at #1 on a new run, and I think this should be the model for comics going forwards. Give a team their own titled book and let them run. Then when they're finished, get a new team and have them start over. Much less confusing for new readers and it's nice and simple.

Batman, JLA and Superman/Wonder Woman were great this month.

But Worlds' Finest had a particularly fun scene.
Power Girl trying to find the silver lining in her fluctuating powers by attempting to get a tattoo.
Loved it.

I feel the opposite but wish they'd take it a bit further. I like starting off at #1 on a new run, and I think this should be the model for comics going forwards. Give a team their own titled book and let them run. Then when they're finished, get a new team and have them start over. Much less confusing for new readers and it's nice and simple.

Absolutely, I would love for runs or volumes to be defined by creator teams coming on and off. Probably is often they don't commit to a consistent team. In the case of FF it makes a lot of sense to me as a model, for Wolverine we're not changing the whole team so it gets a bit murkier. It's a good idea though, and puts the creators front and centre in defining the book. If they could go a step further and define how long the run will go before hand with each set of teams they could really let creators pace out their story and hit a proper conclusion on what they wanted to say every time. Then they get to have their cake with #1's and stuff too.

Good comic week.

Umbral was pretty cool got me interested for #2.

Marvel Knights: X-Men also was decent i thought.

Batman,,, was awesome of course, everthing else so far is decent too.

Picked up $1-Sandman #1,, and Hit #1-#3, looks pretty good, love being able to pick up a run of a book at my local store that ive wanted to check out.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Did anyone else "Read" The Shaolin Cowboy?

....What the hell?

it was 33 pages ,,, 2 panels across two pages ,of almost the same exact scene killing zombies, no words.

First issue was alright.

Sounds like the old book I remember! It's not about the story, it's about the crazy art.

ElNarez

Banned
tumblr_mw81fm8UF71qh6w8to1_500.jpg

And that's how the previous argument on Wolverine ends.

tim1138

Ugh, the postal service is the worst. Ordered the Super Best Friends Forever SDCC figure set for my wife for her birthday. It was one of those deals where the cross country shipping was done via UPS and the local delivery USPS. Post office tracking says it was delivered yesterday but no such thing happened. Filed a claim with USPS but have no hope of them finding it. Hopefully Graphitti Designs is cool and ships a replacement.

Nudull

Banned
Just got done reading the first Mouse Guard book. It is gorgeous as hell, but the plot is pretty basic, almost felt like an RPG at times, but I liked it. My library doesn't have the other books, unfortunately, so I'll need to track them down a bit. lol

Was that drumheller Image comic any good?

It was weird, but I liked it. Everyone on CBR seemed to hate it. Dude on ifanboy liked it. It's probably one of those that you really have to read for itself to decide. They kinda just throw you into it so if you like a nice clean introduction, then it might not work for you. I'm in for at least an arc.

Just got done reading the first Mouse Guard book. It is gorgeous as hell, but the plot is pretty basic, almost felt like an RPG at times, but I liked it. My library doesn't have the other books, unfortunately, so I'll need to track them down a bit. lol

Ahhhh, it's so good! I love sitting and reading that book, it hits all those pleasure centres from my childhood when I used to get read a story before bed, but it has that adult level to it too. Just brilliant.

Almost everything zero year has been good to great so far. Why do you hate fun, Spider?

I want to, I'm not seeing the big deal in Batman? It's not bad or anythig and I feel bad and I'm trying...maybe it'll all come together for me later? everyone else is omgSnyder /bow /bow

I mean when I'm saying F it, I just mean I'm liking Wanted way more. lol

Veelk

Banned
I am gonna say that this issue didn't do much for me. I was hoping for Riddler mind games, I get some wierd skeleton guy instead with a poison ivy cameo. Lame.

Batgirl had potential, but it was pretty...I don't know, mundane? She needed more interaction with her brother, father, batman, etc or just have her showing her skills as future batgirl or something. Instead, she is just trying to hold it together in a shelter, which isn't a bad story itself, but not what I wanted for her.

Nightwing is the opposite of mundane. Random monster freak out of nowhere. Wut. (i haven't been reading recent NW issues. Maybe its explained there). Better, I guess, but still pretty eh.

I think Action Comics and Detective Comics were all better last week.

tim1138

I've read two Zero Year tie ins:

Green Arrow was awesome, but it has been consistently awesome since Lemire and Sorrentino took over.

Green Lantern Corps I only got to see how they handled John's back story and because Anarky was the villain. It was good, but not great.

tim1138

Newsarama has the cover for Marvel's FCBD issue for next year, it's the Guardians of the Galaxy, a blacked out figure, and Capt Marvel. Is/did Carol join the GotG?

Owzers

Did Collider get better after the first issue? I thought #1 was okay, but i think they did a terrible job with the gravity crisis.

boo WATXM

Jet black issue of CAp yes!

also

AVENGERS #26
JONATHAN HICKMAN (W) • SALVADOR LARROCA (A)
Cover by MIKE DEODATO
VARIANT COVER BY DUSTIN WEAVER
"ADAPT OR DIE"
• The science war overtakes the world(s).
• The All-New Avengers Strike Back!
• All the answers to the questions you wished remained hidden.
• The collision of Avengers and New Avengers is imminent.

ReiGun

Why don't they just cut Carol's hair? They can't decide how to even draw it with that helmet. Just cut it off so it fits in the damn thing.

Sblargh

Banned
Marvel February Solicits....

http://www.newsarama.com/19561-marvel-comics-february-2014-solicitations.html

Also dark horse sale tmw on stuff, umbrella academy, first five issues of Fabulous Lives of Killjoys, and orchid

Marvel Solicits....i might pick up the Superior Foes of Spidey based on reviews/gaf love. Also might get She-Hulk #1 and Ms. Marvel #1.

Almost all of the new books are 3.99, all but those two above and Loki Agent of Sex.

I noticed something...

MIRACLEMAN #3
THE ORIGINAL WRITER (W) • GARRY LEACH & ALAN DAVIS (A)

"The Original Writer"? I don't get it. Is it Neil Gaiman? Or is it so they don't credit Alan Moore? I really don't get it.

Mafro

WHAT. So Bendis has finally won. Fuck me.
Isn't Amazing X-Men basically the new WatXM? I thought it was weird when it was first announced as there didn't really seem to be the need for both of those books, but it makes sense now that the latter is being cancelled.

frye

Why don't they just cut Carol's hair? They can't decide how to even draw it with that helmet. Just cut it off so it fits in the damn thing.

She used to have a rad shorter haircut in McKelvie's initial design but no one could draw it.

I want to, I'm not seeing the big deal in Batman? It's not bad or anythig and I feel bad and I'm trying...maybe it'll all come together for me later? everyone else is omgSnyder /bow /bow

I mean when I'm saying F it, I just mean I'm liking Wanted way more. lol

Ah, you should never have to *try* to enjoy a writer, and or feel bad man. I worship the ground Snyder walks on. I think the way he goes about exploring the characters he writes and the situations he writes to put them through to get there is literally how to tell a good story, it's literally pitch perfect for me. But there are plenty of writers on here I see people praise and I just don't like anything I read by the writer in question. Different strokes for different folks, everyone looks for something different in a story. You shouldn't feel bad for that.

Captain N

So back when the PS4 was announced I instantly stopped buying comics to save up for the PS4. Well now the iPad Mini is out and seems like the perfwct place to read comics for me. I feel like I'm gonna grab one and get back into comics again. I can get a PS4 when infamous comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom