• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2013. Truly, tofurkey is the offspring of some Black Science.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Fuck I picked up catwoman and accidentally bought it lol. I need to pay more attention to this shit. I meant to put it back down :(

ElNarez is a tryhard asshole comic nerd who uses "fuck" like its half his vocabulary, we've known this for months. Put him on ignore, you will miss nothing of any substance.

Marvel Knights Spider-man by Mark Millar and Terry Dodson and Frank Cho.
Great characterization the story is decent and the art is very good.

Spider-man Blue by Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale.
One of the must haves for a spidey-fan.

Spider-Island by Dan Slott and Humberto Ramos and Stephano Caselli probably one of the few great events with Spider-man at the center.

Amazing Spider-man Big Time Ultimate Collection by Dan Slott.
This compilation of issues lead up to Spider-Island and feature Peter in his old status quo.

After doing some research prior to this post I literally ordered the exact same four trades. Thanks for confirming my choices and I appreciate the recommendations.

Cheska

Jeez guys, awful use of the black tags. At least put what it's referencing to.

Anyone actually read Black Science? Three more hours until I can head down to the shop to pick up my copy.

Splatt

Wolverine and the X-Men Annual...

ifurgUmSzGKC8.gif

It's Wednesday, stop whining and read more comics.
Or you know, relate to your fellow man, figure out not everyone has read everything the minute it was available and make the incredible effort of taking 5 seconds to add tags, just in case.

The time and effort you wasted answering to defend a mistake far outweighs that BTW.

But yeah, JC has the right of it, it seems.

Acid08

Banned
How hard is it to wait until you've read your comics to go in a thread discussing current comics ?
I like to see what people are excited about. Might convince me to pick up something new.

We uniformly support spoilering specific details on Wednesdays, quit being a dick and accept it. It's not difficult and we've had this argument many times before.

Messi

From the OP:

Spoilers. In the age of digital comics, they are increasingly becoming an issue in these threads, as the drive to be first to discuss the week's releases overrides common sense and good posting etiquette. So over the coming weeks and months, the members of Comic GAF will be collaborating on and will eventually be implementing a system of general rules for avoiding spoilers on new comics in the Comics OT thread. But for now, please abide by the temporary guidelines outlined below. And remember, you are being watched and judged by your peers.

1. Discussion of newly released comics that involves specific plot details shall be accompanied at all times by the appropriate use of the
tag function.
2. Direct posting of full-page images from newly released comics using the tags is strictly prohibited, and outgoing links to such should be accompanied by the appropriate spoiler warnings.
3. Direct posting of images or spoilers from comics that have yet to be released is strictly prohibited, and outgoing links to such should be accompanied by the appropriate spoiler warnings.
4. Covers, solicitation copy, and/or promotional materials shall not be considered spoilers and are allowed, unless their content involves specific plot details; in those cases, outgoing links with spoiler warnings should be used.
[b]5. The unmarked posting of spoilers related to comics will be allowed after a period of one week (Wednesday to Wednesday) from that comic's release.[/b] (NOTE: Longer? -Spike)
6. Members of Comic GAF are expected at all times to exercise common sense and polite discretion as a matter of courtesy to fellow posters. I know, tough one.
7. If you are unsure of whether or not posting something would constitute a spoiler, err on the side of caution and use the [SPOILER] tags.

Thread rules state spoilers must be tagged for one week after release. I think we should abide by that rule. El, check the ego and admit mistake and move on and let's be happy.

ElNarez

Banned
Thread rules state spoilers must be tagged for one week after release. I think we should abide by that rule. El, check the ego and admit mistake and move on and let's be happy.

I didn't want to make it more of a thing but you guys made a fuss about it, I was perfectly willing to move on, just as I am now, by bringing up another topic, like PRETTY DEADLY #2, in which some stuff happens, it's kinda confusing, but Emma Rios is good at drawing? I still dig the vibe of the book, I dunno man, I'm not even sure what happened but I like it.

I didn't want to make it more of a thing but you guys made a fuss about it, I was perfectly willing to move on, just as I am now, by bringing up another topic, like PRETTY DEADLY #2, in which some stuff happens, it's kinda confusing, but Emma Rios is good at drawing? I still dig the vibe of the book, I dunno man, I'm not even sure what happened but I like it.

Well, I'm married, I live with a woman. Even if I have every intention of moving on and learning from a mistake. I must pronounce said mistake and say I'm sorry. That's what they want in this situation.

It's Wednesday, stop whining and read more comics.

1) i will after work, but for now:
2) read the fucking OP, you should know better

1. Discussion of newly released comics that involves specific plot details shall be accompanied at all times by the appropriate use of the
tag function.

5. The unmarked posting of spoilers related to comics will be allowed after a period of one week (Wednesday to Wednesday) from that comic's release. (NOTE: Longer? -Spike)

I blind bought the trade for Sabertooth Swordsman a week or two ago (the artist works at where I get my books and was signing them and stuff) but I just read it last night and it was pretty neat...also its a sexy Dark Horse hardcover!

I forgot its Wednesday because my kid is off school for some stupid holiday and wish I stayed out of here now.

Thai

Bane was better.
I didn't want to make it more of a thing but you guys made a fuss about it, I was perfectly willing to move on, just as I am now, by bringing up another topic,

You're an asshole. People have jobs, kids, families. Some comics get read before others. Stop living in a bubble.

Guys, guys, guys! It Thanksgiving, let's be happy.

End of Superior Carnage was alright. Did not go where I thought and was kinda of a let down. Still a very strong Carnage story.

Huh. How does it compare to the Zeb Wells Carnage stories?

Couldn't tell you. Really the first main Carnage story I have read. 1-4 was great and especially at the end of 4, could have had so many great possibilities to go with the final issue.

I thought they might tie in to the main Superior Spider-Man story but it did it with a whimper and it turned the whole arc into this nice contained side story in the Superior universe.

Avengers Arena:

Bittersweet. My faves mostly survived.

So did Reptil really die? I think Hazmat might have absorbed part of him or something. Sun Tzu quote was a bit much. I've really enjoyed this series and am on board for Undercover.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
just read that black science and it looks amazing. also picked up the first few issues of Mind MGMT and damn is that a good story.

headshot95

Neo Member
Looks like there was. They switched the numbering to a new #1 for USM vol. 2 and then switched back to the original numbering. So it looks like Ultimate: Spider-man: Requiem #1-2 and Ultimate Spider-Man vol. 2 #1-15 plug the gap so to speak.

Sweet. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom