• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2015. The much-anticipated sequel to October's OT.

Hagi

huh Scott is mentioned 6 times in X-traordinary X-men #1 with zero context to what he's apparently done. I really grow tired of this direction they are taking him and this whole issue is just repeating things that have been done in X-men books numerous times before. Apart from the art which was pretty cool this was just bland.

Honestly can't see me following this or Uncanny and that makes me sad because I love the X-men.

From what I just read on Bleeding Cool, Uncanny X-Men #600 and Extraordinary X-Men #1 seem completely at odds with each other. I'm not making the connection as to how events could have spiralled so far out control to result in the Extraordinary status-quo. I haven't read the issue, mind you, but it's put me off somewhat. This is just speculation, but I'm guessing whatever event or environmental change led to
so many mutants being exposed to Terrigen mists, saw Cyclops retaliate in a negative manner, out of a need to preserve the mutant race.

Whatever it ends up being it'll be super dumb. I'll take Planet X over him randomly killing a bunch of civilians or Inhumans please.

The Darkseid War tie-ins for Flash and Superman were...ok.

I kinda enjoyed the Batman one more because it felt like I could enjoy reading him in that role for a while more. Flash...sort of did nothing and the Superman one was a little too twee for me. Or at least too on the nose in the way it was done.

Also...does anyone know if these are actual in-continuity stories rather than one-shots that "explore" that aspect of a character? I ask because...no-one in the Superman story seems to mention that Darkseid and the Anti Monitor and an ungodly amount of Shadows and Parademons slugged it out and that a God died on Earth...

Still...

huh Scott is mentioned 6 times in X-traordinary X-men #1 with zero context to what he's apparently done. I really grow tired of this direction they are taking him and this whole issue is just repeating things that have been done in X-men books numerous times before. Apart from the art which was pretty cool this was just bland.

Honestly can't see me following this or Uncanny and that makes me sad because I love the X-men.

It's basically how they've been handling Scott's character for the last few years. Everyone talks about how bad and dangerous Cyclops is. But we, as the reader is never shown the "Bad" stuff that he's being accused of. All of the X-Men are alive because of Cyclops but they all hate him and I can't for the life of me figure our why.

Hagi

Uncanny 600 was perfect. Holy fuck.

I still need to read it but I'm wary of that Birdie hype.

It's basically how they've been handling Scott's character for the last few years. Everyone talks about how bad and dangerous Cyclops is. But we, as the reader is never shown the "Bad" stuff that he's being accused of. All of the X-Men are alive because of Cyclops but they all hate him and I can't for the life of me figure our why.

Uncanny with Bendis was my favourite book of the last few years, it's just sad all the work he put in culminates in Scott does something heinous offscreen that makes humanity hate mutants again for the 67th time. I'm over them trying to make Scott into a new version of Magneto.

Whatever it ends up being it'll be super dumb. I'll take Planet X over him randomly killing a bunch of civilians or Inhumans please.

It just feels incredibly forced after Uncanny X-Men #600's ending. Scott
did it, he brought every mutant together. He honoured Xavier's dream and with the close of the issue, lead mutant kind in a positive revolution.
It's clear we're meant to see Scott as
a hero
. I mean hell, everyone
called out Beast's bullshit and cast light on the terrible choices he has made in his "crusade" against Scott, in this last era of the X-Men.
So why are we now supposed to believe that Scott, for some unknown reason,
went down the wrong path again, destroyed this good will and put mutant kind in life or death danger?

I think I'm going to steer clear of these new X-books until I have a clearer idea of where they're going.

Be wary of that Bendis Hate. It's perfect.

It was a fitting end. I loved how Bendis handled Scott's actions and his final moments with *his* characters.

Hagi

I don't abide the Bendis hate. Dude is a-okay in my book, he's wrote several of my favourite Marvel runs.

did it, he brought every mutant together. He honoured Xavier's dream and with the close of the issue, lead mutant kind in a positive revolution.
a hero
. I mean hell, everyone
called out Beast's bullshit and cast light on the terrible choices he has made in his "crusade" against Scott, in this last era of the X-Men.
went down the wrong path again, destroyed this good will and put mutant kind in life or death danger?

I think I'm going to steer clear of these new X-books until I have a clearer idea of where they're going.

It was a fitting end. I loved how Bendis handled Scott's actions and his final moments with *his* characters.

I'm downloading #600 right now from CMX so I'll reply to this better when I've read it.

Weird. Sandoval is growing on me but Ramos seems to be getting worse.

I didn't think X-tra X-men was that bad for a Ramos joint.

Messi

Guys spoiler tags are necessary on release day. Don't be dickheads. We have waited months for uncanny 600.

I'm not referring to you. I just mean in general. People think because something big happens it's fair game to spoil for some reason.

That's completely understandable. It needs to be said, it has been a long wait for #600. I just wanted to be sure I hadn't mistakenly missed a tag.

Hagi

I read it and yup it was near perfect. Dare I say even the Bobby stuff wasn't too bad.

a hero
. I mean hell, everyone

Everything you said is right and is exactly what I was thinking after finishing #600. I did not like X-traordinary X-men at all.

Guys spoiler tags are necessary on release day. Don't be dickheads. We have waited months for uncanny 600.

Everything that could be considered spoilers are getting tagged.

Everything you said is right and is exactly what I was thinking after finishing #600. I did not like X-traordinary X-men at all.

The disconnect is too big for me to overlook. I'm happy Bendis has completed his Uncanny run and I can re-read it from beginning to end, but disappointed in the direction Marvel are taking the ANAD X-books.

Boogiepop

Just read the Kusanagi/Grasscutter arc of Usagi Yojimbo and damn, that was some good comics. Like, that's probably my favorite bit of the series so far, just really great. I will say I found it a little funny how frequently it was referred to as Grasscutter instead of Kusanagi, considering the series loves to pepper in bits of Japanese for flavor and that probably would've been one of the better things to keep in its original Japanese (like, it wasn't so bad since he explained the origin of the name and gave it some oomph, but to people who are less familiar seeing the literal name kind of feels like it undermines the coolness of it, for what's the most important sword in Japanese history.)

But yeah, that was crazy good.

Apparently Rise of the Seven Seas starts in Aquaman #50 and continues in JL. Guess we'll find out the creative team this month, might just be Johns indeed.

Hagi

The disconnect is too big for me to overlook. I'm happy Bendis has completed his Uncanny run and I can re-read it from beginning to end, but disappointed in the direction Marvel are taking the ANAD X-books.

Looking forward to his Uncanny run start getting collected next February. Not interested in the X-men books or Inhuman stuff for ANAD which is a shame.

Now to read Iron Man!

ElNarez

Banned
MAN, Extraordinary X-Men was shit. It's as shit as Uncanny was good, and that was pretty good.

It's like, holy fuck, way to pointlessly ruin everything in your shitty fucking bid to make the Inhumans the new big thing. I will NEVER like them like I like the X-Men. EVER. It's bullshit to even try.

Mindwipe

Huh, Comixology doesn't seem to have this week's Darkseid War stuff. Superman and Flash just aren't there.

Something is a bit weird with CMX today. MTMTE wasn't listed in the new release section even though the other IDW books are, but is out if you search for it.

Darkseid War Flash and Superman have the same cover as Batman on my end.

Waiting for some reception on some of the new Marvel #1's before committing, but ASM and Iron Man! Also, sorta big Image week.

That weird they are on my app on the Nexus.

Someone read Hercules so I can know whether to buy it or not.

Darkseid and flash are there for me. Flash has the same cover as Darkseid.

Something is a bit weird with CMX today. MTMTE wasn't listed in the new release section even though the other IDW books are, but is out if you search for it.

Darkseid War Flash and Superman have the same cover as Batman on my end.

Waiting for some reception on some of the new Marvel #1's before committing, but ASM and Iron Man! Also, sorta big Image week.

Well, I'm seeing them now, though one of them's still got an incorrect cover.

Weird.

MAN, Extraordinary X-Men was shit. It's as shit as Uncanny was good, and that was pretty good.

It's like, holy fuck, way to pointlessly ruin everything in your shitty fucking bid to make the Inhumans the new big thing. I will NEVER like them like I like the X-Men. EVER. It's bullshit to even try.

wait wait wait you think
M-Pox is a dumb idea???

I gotta say, I'm intrigued as hell by the team they're forming. The situation is pretty wack tho.

Ramos' art got better too.

Owzers

You will like the Inhumans or I will let Marvel relaunch every character as an Inhuman.

Kid Loki? Kid Inhuman.

ElNarez

Banned
wait wait wait you think
M-Pox is a dumb idea???

I gotta say, I'm intrigued as hell by the team they're forming. The situation is pretty wack tho.

It's a dumb idea by itself, made even dumber by the rest of the issue, and
the half-dozen other problems that pile up on top of it, like a grand cosmic "fuck you" to the idea of going someplace interesting with the X-Men.

Hagi

wait wait wait you think
M-Pox is a dumb idea???

I think it's dumb.
They've created a way to set back the X books to 2005 and added a whole other layer of drama on top of that to push another set of books nobody cares about.

I bought James Bond and Monstress so that's my non Marvel quota filled for the week.

It's a dumb idea by itself, made even dumber by the rest of the issue, and
the half-dozen other problems that pile up on top of it, like a grand cosmic "fuck you" to the idea of going someplace interesting with the X-Men.

ding ding

Darkseid War: Flash and Superman were both pretty middling. Decent art, but not great (though the color work on Supes was often very striking). The writing was kind of a let down after last week's excellent Batman book, though. They didn't feel like self-contained stories, but more... setup. And Flash's ended very abruptly.

Hagi

I feel bad that Monstress was only £2.99, it was amazing but it's like I'm ripping them off. This is my book of the week easily. The art is gorgeous and the world is intriguing as fuck. Can't wait for issue 2. I really hope this does well.

All the mediocre reviews for the Darkseid War one-shots has turned me off from getting them this week.

Read Star Wars #11 and it was another great issue. Not much development in the story as it setup a nice finale but the character development was great.

Midnighter was amazing. What a shocking ending.

Batman and Robin Eternal was solid. Neat developed with Tim Drakes character.

Hagi

Holy shit at the last page reveal in Midnighter

tumblr_nwzlycYzKH1unwageo1_250.gif

not really sure what to make of that....

That's what you told Barry and we all know how that turned out.

I feel like there's an issue missing between Batman & Robin Eternal #4 and #5. When #5 wrapped: Time was receiving orders in the cave from Mother, Dick was arriving at Tim's parent's house in the middle of the night, and Cass & Harper were still looking around for a way out of the cave. Queue issue 4, it's the middle of the day, Harper and Cass are out of the cave, and the first thing isn't even touched on.

What happened?

Uncanny X-Men #600

Storm:
"This changes nothing"

Storm's hate boner for Cyclops knows no end. Just stop Storm. Then maybe senpai will notice you.

Top Bottom