• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2015. The much-anticipated sequel to October's OT.

It's the whole "You are 100% gay and nothing else, there's not even the possibility of you being anything other than gay, which could've explained why you dated girls before, but, nah, actually, you're just totally gay and nothing else, and there isn't really anything else, don't think about it with your absolutely, completely totally gay brain" thing Jean kinda said in ANXM

Even setting aside the (largely justified, IMO) criticisms of bi-erasure, if Bendis wanted to tell a story about "full gay" Iceman coming to terms with his sexuality... he could have actually *told* that story by developing it throughout his run, instead of sticking it at the very end and using Jean's telepathic intrusions as a shortcut.

as far as characterization goes, what he did is only slightly less lazy than having Jean wave a magic wand and saying "okay, both of you are gay now"

Squire

Banned
Even setting aside the (largely justified, IMO) criticisms of bi-erasure, if Bendis wanted to tell a story about "full gay" Iceman coming to terms with his sexuality... he could have actually *told* that story by developing it throughout his run, instead of sticking it at the very end and using Jean's telepathic intrusions as a shortcut.

as far as characterization goes, what he did is only slightly less lazy than having Jean wave a magic wand and saying "okay, both of you are gay now"

Yeah, the assertion it's great on any level is some legit crazy talk.

Emma Frost should just kill Storm.

Everybody wins.

Man, so much Storm hate today. And I don't know why.

Monstress has to be one of the beefiest and most well spent $5 comic I've gotten in a long time.

I flipped through it while I was bagging today's haul. Man. Sana Takeda da gawd(ess). Some of the best art I've seen in a long time, and I've seen some fucking glorious art.

Jesus could you people fucking spoiler tag shit. Describing every detail of a character is a spoiler for people who've read previous issues of the fucking comic

jesus i have to explain this shit?

seriously????

Birdie, I fucking spoiler tag everything. Even when it has fucking nothing to do with comics.

Read some comics last night

Hellboy in Hell #2 - Continues to be a beautiful book. It's amazing to see Mignola on interiors again and it feels extremely appropriate considering we're learning more about Hellboy's history. Loving this.

Guardian #2 - I wasn't expecting subway pirates to be a thing, but it happened. Really creative little mini so far.

Batgirl #27 - I love that Cass has grown so much over this book so far. Her friendship with Steph is great. It's cool to see some earlier work from Noto too!

So I got to see the Batwoman Bombshell at the comic shop today. There are definitely some QC issues, like the spotty paintjob in the hair where the base layer is visible underneath, but (unsurprisingly) it didn't look as bad as the internet lead me to believe.

Owzers

So I got to see the Batwoman Bombshell at the comic shop today. There are definitely some QC issues, like the spotty paintjob in the hair where the base layer is visible underneath, but (unsurprisingly) it didn't look as bad as the internet lead me to believe.

Shop owner probably painted it, that's what i would do.

Man, so much Storm hate today. And I don't know why.

I flipped through it while I was bagging today's haul. Man. Sana Takeda da gawd(ess). Some of the best art I've seen in a long time, and I've seen some fucking glorious art.

Birdie, I fucking spoiler tag everything. Even when it has fucking nothing to do with comics.

lmao not you obviously

are any of the new Marvel team books good? kinda curious about New Avengers

the new Unbeatable Squirrel Girl has revitalized my comics interest again. just a delightful book

Yeah, the assertion it's great on any level is some legit crazy talk.

"I don't know why people accuse Comic-GAF of being non-inclusionary. They just hold the totally normal belief that 'Disagreeing With Me' should be listed in the DSM-5! HOW is that not welcoming to a diverse discussion of opinions I seriously don't get it help me out."

ayyy lmao great opinion bro

PsychBat!

Banned
"I don't know why people accuse Comic-GAF of being non-inclusionary. They just hold the totally normal belief that 'Disagreeing With Me' should be listed in the DSM-5! HOW is that not welcoming to a diverse discussion of opinions I seriously don't get it help me out."

kinda like that Bendis rant you did a month ago, right? lol

Squire

Banned

So is yours, dude. So is yours.

"I don't know why you're not cool with Bendis' screwy depiction of coming to terms with ones sexuality WHAT ABOUT THAT TIME FRANK CASTLE WAS FRANKENSTEIN LOLOLOLOL"

Great perspective, Birdie. Truly.

i love bendis

where's viewatu with the link

Real talk: You're swinging so left from the supposed "Bendis haters" it's like, you realize the inverse is being a mindless fanboy, right?

Like heaven forbid he write a thing and I not like it. Oh nooooooo

ComicGAF is unrelaxed today

Don't I know it. I had my mindfulness class thing today, we had to learn to relax physically and I just couldn't. When I tried to release the tension from my face it started feeling like burning and it spread across my backs and legs.

Either I went Super Saiyan for a split second or I'm way more ill than I realised.

Don't I know it. I had my mindfulness class thing today, we had to learn to relax physically and I just couldn't. When I tried to release the tension from my face it started feeling like burning and it spread across my backs and legs.

It's best to eliminate your anger via punching things.

Neol

Vision is a weird but strangely great read. I didn't expect to enjoy it but I'm absolutely loving the general tone of it. By the end I was feeling a bit dejected and disturbed but at the same time wanting more.

Other than that Strange is good, Spiderman and Iron-Man continue to entertain and Hercules is looking promising
I'm digging the Hercules with a shitload of guns vibe going on
. Both X-men and deadpool are pretty meh. I honestly hate how Jean's character is now but ehhh I'll see how it progresses.

Seriously. After picking it up I was just flipping through it and decided to just sit there and read it. Loving all the designs so far.

Tizoc

CS_6MzgUwAACR-p.jpg

That last panel ruins it.
Also he should've just let him hanging.

Sandfox

I thought Extraordinary #1 was a decent issue to set things up. This is definitely going to be better than Bendis' run that had inconsistent art and extremely poor pacing.

Foofaraw

Holy cow, I'm behind on current comics.

I picked up Extraordinary X-men #1, and I have no idea what's going on.
Was the Terrigen mist and M-pox a big plot point recently in another series? Which one? Old Man Logan? I thought that dude was dead, is this a Secret Wars thing?
I really liked the new design for Colossus, and it is neat to have most
of the Claremont era team back together.

Maybe I'm bad at X-men books, but shouldn't a #1 of a new book not assume that I have read every X-book of the past few years? Bummer. Still coming back for #2.

Hercules #1 was fun. I'll continue with it. Not sure how much my enjoyment was due to being a fan of the character. Or, I guess I should say, liking the idea of the character. This modern version is new to me.

Having not read an X-Men book since #18 or so of Bendis' ANXM run, I thought Extrordinary X-Men #1 was ok, I guess? I've been eager to read new, non-Bendis X-Men, so I'll give it and arc and see how we go.

This was a bummer-ass bummer to read. Hope everything works out for her

Im not too surprised tbh

FR has done well and been great and everything but Janelle Asselin has expressed how rough of a time she's had lately. Considering she runs the entire thing I was already a bit surprised she had kept it going considering her troubles. If she gets well and is up for it, I think a good deal for FR would be to come back in seasons and run a few issues before revving up again later.

Boogiepop

Welp, realized I was going to want to tag it onto my next order anyway, so I just said screw it and ordered the In Hell/Hell on Earth stuff to finish off the Mignolaverse. So I am now free of any large withstanding things in my comics wishlist finally! (Still a few odds and ends, but nothing above a handful of trades). Now I just need to avoid deciding I want to grab anything else large comics-wise, at least for a while...

Avixph

Question about Amazing Spider-Man #3:
Were Valeria and Franklin Richard's ages switched seeing as how the statue of Valeria was taller and older looking than Franklin?

Busaiku

I dunno, just thought it was weird.
But artists always had a problem
consistently portraying Valeria over the years

The Vision.

WOW. @_@

The Vision is single-handedly redeeming ANAD Marvel and I hate you all for getting it canceled
is what I'll be saying when it gets canceled within a year and I hate you all.

Marvel Comics
The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #1
The Vision #1

DC Comics
Justice League 3001 #5
Prez #5
Scooby-Doo Team-Up #13

Image Comics
Black Magick #1
Black Science #17
Lazarus #20
Monstress #1
Paper Girls #2
Sex #25
Velvet #12

Other Publishers
James Bond 007 #1 (Dynamite)

ReAxion

The Vision.

WOW. @_@

The Vision is single-handedly redeeming ANAD Marvel and I hate you all for getting it canceled
is what I'll be saying when it gets canceled within a year and I hate you all.

Marvel Comics
The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #1
The Vision #1

DC Comics
Justice League 3001 #5
Prez #5
Scooby-Doo Team-Up #13

Image Comics
Black Magick #1
Black Science #17
Lazarus #20
Monstress #1
Paper Girls #2
Sex #25
Velvet #12

Other Publishers
James Bond 007 #1 (Dynamite)

Lemme know how Monstress is.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ

Bendis did what to Iceman?

Top Bottom