• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2015. The much-anticipated sequel to October's OT.

Boogiepop

Welp, realized I was going to want to tag it onto my next order anyway, so I just said screw it and ordered the In Hell/Hell on Earth stuff to finish off the Mignolaverse. So I am now free of any large withstanding things in my comics wishlist finally! (Still a few odds and ends, but nothing above a handful of trades). Now I just need to avoid deciding I want to grab anything else large comics-wise, at least for a while...

...I may have forgotten/missed Sledgehammer 44 and Baltimore (which isn't in continuity?). But those are small enough they could just be tagged onto whenever I do my next order or whatever.

Messi

Smut

Steranko Artist Edition is down to 112 on IST. It was worth every penny at 140. Have fun finding a shelf for it though..it's even bigger than the other AE's.

Sorry can you please remove the smut from this post. People who aren't expecting smut might be offended.

Im not too surprised tbh

FR has done well and been great and everything but Janelle Asselin has expressed how rough of a time she's had lately. Considering she runs the entire thing I was already a bit surprised she had kept it going considering her troubles. If she gets well and is up for it, I think a good deal for FR would be to come back in seasons and run a few issues before revving up again later.
It'd be a shame if she left comics considering the work she does, but it'd be perfectly understandable if she ultimately does
Look at that. The same effect without wasting an entire page.
Better joke too tbh

MG310

Sorry can you please remove the smut from this post. People who aren't expecting smut might be offended.

The copy of Sunstone I saw in Barnes and Noble had the cover bent back really far like the guy who was reading it in the store didn't want anyone else to see.

It's true. Copy / pasting the same panel six times is about as lazy as you can get.

It's the laziest way to tell a joke. It's the comic book equivalent of being held hostage. There's no new information being delivered in each panel, just a bullshit attempt at creating an awkward silence. Decompression at it's worst.

Had to be done.

gvdPl4p.jpg
Alternatively,

Vision #1 truly impressed me out of all the ANAD marvel books out now. After seeing that cover for it the first time I know it would be special.
It's really really good. So different from what I thought it would be.

VanWinkle

I ordered Fear Agent Library Edition Vol 1 along with a few graphic novels for my wife for Christmas. I can't WAIT to get it.

I like how the only reason you couldn't be interested in Jean according to her is that you'd have to be gay. It couldn't possibly be because you're a manipulative bitch.

Messi

tumblr_nn7x9pmPqk1sfsfilo3_540.jpg

Have you read Monstress yet? I need to know I'm not the only gushing over how amazing that book is.

We are not worthy of Monstress. That art is truly stunning. I am travelling 2 hours to get a physical copy tomorrow just to have. Best book of the month. Can't see any book beating it as Sunstone isn't out until next month.

Had to be done.

Alternatively,
Im like 77% sure Bendis writes repeating panels to give his artists a break

these first three issues have been on an accelerated shipping schedule and David hasnt needed any fill ins yet! plus sometimes you just need any easy page to draw

I ordered Fear Agent Library Edition Vol 1 along with a few graphic novels for my wife for Christmas. I can't WAIT to get it.

is it that you cant wait to get it b/c youre gonna read it before you wrap it up for your wife?

I like how the only reason you couldn't be interested in Jean according to her is that you'd have to be gay. It couldn't possibly be because you're a manipulative bitch.

shes def a jerk and self centered but I love that about her character

its all out there

Hagi

That's certainly one way to take that exchange.

We are not worthy of Monstress. That art is truly stunning. I am travelling 2 hours to get a physical copy tomorrow just to have. Best book of the month. Can't see any book beating it as Sunstone isn't out until next month.

I think that's a really good idea actually. I'm going to do the same, I want to support the book and seeing that art on a page will be cool. I think it will likely end up being book of the month for me, it would take something really special to change my mind.

Owzers

i presume you are calling ahead and having them hold one. *pictures a two hour trip just to see a sniffer take the last copy they were holding for you*

Messi

It's almost as if she is an incredibly self centered teenager with the power to read people's minds and invade their privacy.

I don't feel like we should be calling her names.

i presume you are calling ahead and having them hold one. *pictures a two hour trip just to see a sniffer take the last copy they were holding for you*

Oh no

image.php

The fox girl is the cutest thing in the history of ever.

tim1138

The Vision.

WOW. @_@

The Vision is single-handedly redeeming ANAD Marvel and I hate you all for getting it canceled
is what I'll be saying when it gets canceled within a year and I hate you all.

Vision was fucking great, that book was uncomfortable to read at times but in all the right ways. I'll be amazed if this lasts twelve issues, it's pretty weird and out there

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Given the setup and the whole
kill Tony so people don't know they exist
thing, I'm going to guess somebody new.

That's what I was thinking, was just hoping I wasn't being silly and not recognizing someone.

Tizoc

Did anyone even care about Jean before the young X-Men got sent to the present time?

Cuz I'd assumed by the time of Whedon's X-Men run, only X-men fans from the 70s and onwards cared about the character :p

Did anyone even care about Jean before the young X-Men got sent to the present time?

I thought Young Jean was cool for a while. She hit her peak during the Trial of Jean Grey ANXM/GotG crossover. After that, she's just been getting a little more unbearable with each appearance.

Messi

I thought Young Jean was cool for a while. She hit her peak during the Trial of Jean Grey ANXM/GotG crossover. After that, she's just been getting a little more unbearable with each appearance.

She is my favorite current x-man. I think she is amazingly shit . The kind of shitty person kitty can only dream of.

Hagi

Cuz I'd assumed by the time of Whedon's X-Men run, only X-men fans from the 70s and onwards cared about the character :p

I always liked Jean irregardless of the comics. I grew up watching X-men before reading X-men so my love for the characters came from the 90's show. Young Jean was cool for a minute until you realized she was a giant asshole with zero boundaries.

The kind of shitty person kitty can only dream of.

omg

Squire

Banned
Monstress is good. The art is gorgeous and there's clearly a big world there. It's also a hell of a deal.

Takeda needs to design the main party for a JRPG or something.

Top Bottom