• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2015. The much-anticipated sequel to October's OT.

Messi

Did Archie #4 come out today?

Nope, Zombeen was saying that Annie Wu told him at comic con that she was behind schedule on her art for Archie :(

I can't check my issue yet but can someone answer a question for me about uncanny 600. Does any of Bachalos pages feature Emma or Magik heavily? Pref together. Spoiler tag if necessary

Nope, you are more than welcome to tell us what your issue of the month is. But the vote got cancelled due to lack of voters/same handful always voting.

That's a shame, I kind of stepped away from the community for the better part of the year, so I don't remember when it stopped. I'd actually completely forgotten about it to be honest, until PsychBat's post.

Messi

That's a shame, I kind of stepped away from the community for the better part of the year, so I don't remember when it stopped. I'd actually completely forgotten about it to be honest, until PsychBat's post.

Yeah it was at the start of the year I believe. I was sad when it stopped but I guess here wasn't much interest. I hope you still stay around this time :)

--

I read Howling Commandos of Shield #1 and thought it was a fun start. I get the feeling though that this book won't last very long though. I had heard from someone here that Elsa Bloodstone was in this book but she wasn't in the first issue and that's kind of why I bought it :(. I don't even think she fits in with this team.

Yeah it was at the start of the year I believe. I was sad when it stopped but I guess here wasn't much interest. I hope you still stay around this time :)

--

I read Howling Commandos of Shield #1 and thought it was a fun start. I get the feeling though that this book won't last very long though. I had heard from someone here that Elsa Bloodstone was in this book but she wasn't in the first issue and that's kind of why I bought it :(

Thanks! I appreciate the sentiment. I hope so too, I mean, the only reason I stepped away is because I just didn't have time to be able to keep up to date with the thread and participate in discussion. Hell, I have been so far behind with so many books, that I've jumped ahead to present issues and intend to catch up on older issues later. This was my final year of a four year double degree. I knew going in that I was going to be busy, but I completely underestimated how busy I would be. Next week is my final week of study. I cannot emphasis how much I'm looking forward to having time to myself enough.

I might have missed it, but I haven't seen many impressions of James Bond posted. Is it a solid buy? The creative team's pedigree tells me it should be, but I've not read much "spy" fiction, so I don't know if it's the genre for me.

Owzers

January DCBS cycle is up...

....please announce new books i'm interested in so i can buy something. There's not a single Special i'm interested in adding, closest thing was Cry Havoc #1 and Octopus Pie tp vol 1. Midnighter vol 1? Prez vol 1?

I'm skeptical of DC trades after buying Harley vol 1, Green Arrow Lemire vol 1, and Red Lanterns Soule vol 1, i don't like DC books people think are mostly good, i find them to be not that funny or bland action books. They are the Houston Rockets of comic books.

Sandfox

It's pretty text-heavy as comic books go. Or maybe mystic Marvel just isn't your thing.
I'm thinking its the text-heavy element. I have the same issue with Captain America, but there are certain things coming up in that run I want to see before deciding whether or not to drop it.
January DCBS cycle is up...

....please announce new books i'm interested in so i can buy something. There's not a single Special i'm interested in adding, closest thing was Cry Havoc #1 and Octopus Pie tp vol 1. Midnighter vol 1? Prez vol 1?

I'm skeptical of DC trades after buying Harley vol 1, Green Arrow Lemire vol 1, and Red Lanterns Soule vol 1, i don't like DC books people think are mostly good, i find them to be not that funny or bland action books. They are the Houston Rockets of comic books.

Time to fill out my order.

Hagi

I might have missed it, but I haven't seen many impressions of James Bond posted. Is it a solid buy? The creative team's pedigree tells me it should be, but I've not read much "spy" fiction, so I don't know if it's the genre for me.

It wasn't that great for a first issue I thought. Not really sure why but it just didn't grab me which is a shame because I was looking forward to it. Guess I just felt it was pretty generic. Going to stick with it for the first arc probably.

Vyer

It's Ellis, so I probably shouldn't even ask and just buy it, but is Bond worth picking up?

edit: nm, I see we have an impression already. though not a good one. :(

83UvToj.png

It's been a while, huh?

eh, i'm gonna go back to posting random songs and shrek memes or whatever

This is the first time I've seen these posts of yours, but I say, keep it up. I always appreciate theses kinds of posts. Everyone has different tastes and there's nothing wrong with that.

It wasn't that great for a first issue I thought. Not really sure why but it just didn't grab me which is a shame because I was looking forward to it. Guess I just felt it was pretty generic. Going to stick with it for the first arc probably.

Thanks for your impressions. I don't read much "spy" fiction because quite often it is generic. I'm buying digitally, so I might wait for the first arc to be available and decide then. It's not as if I don't have a wealth of books to read at the moment.

Busaiku

So the employees from Amazing Spider-Man 1 were actually college classmates of Peter?
Man, Mr. Slott really is a fan.

Foofaraw

Everyone in here is talking about Monstress so much, I'm starting to think it has some BDSM in it. Gonna stop by my local shop tomorrow and pick it up.

Hagi

Watching AoS on Hulu and there's already a Christmas commercial! Wth

Is that weird? I went to my local supermarket earlier in the week and they already had their christmas tree set up at the entrance. Christmas seems to start earlier every year.

Messi

Oh my! That's beautiful! Love my old timey monster smut!

I love when Image does double size first issues. I really love when the art looks this good. Really wish that new Exalted book had hit up this artist, s/he would have been perfect.

TRIPLE SIZED

IrishNinja

hey, do we know when some of the later ANAD marvel books are scheduled to drop?

i ask cause im still trying to get some of the hip hop covers off midtown comics, but they're not listed yet, which possibly means they dont have a date in previews or something. any idea when we're expecting

Miles (Illmatic)
Old Man Logan (Cube)
spidey/Deadpool (paid in full)
Ms Marvel (Lauryn)
moon knight (schoolboy q)
panther (black album)
heroes for hire (mobb deep)

? wanna order the ones they have up as of this week but tempted to hold off & save on shipping if they might be soon-ish

Messi

hey, do we know when some of the later ANAD marvel books are scheduled to drop?

i ask cause im still trying to get some of the hip hop covers off midtown comics, but they're not listed yet, which possibly means they dont have a date in previews or something. any idea when we're expecting

Miles (Illmatic)
Old Man Logan (Cube)
spidey/Deadpool (paid in full)
Ms Marvel (Lauryn)
moon knight (schoolboy q)
panther (black album)
heroes for hire (mobb deep)

? wanna order the ones they have up as of this week but tempted to hold off & save on shipping if they might be soon-ish

Some of those books are definitely Jan or Feb

Top Bottom