• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2015. The much-anticipated sequel to October's OT.

Comics for the day:

Batman and Robin Eternal this week edition - I agree with what Poodle said. Felt like there was a weird disconnect from last week's issue to this one. Still, things happened kinda.

Paper Girls 2 - Enjoyed this quite a bit, it just flew by so quick compared to the last one! The wait till the next issue is gonna be hard with the cliffhanger here. Guess I should check out some more of BKV's stuff since I like this so far. Will probably try Private Eye since it looks up my alley.

Vision 1 - This book is fucking awesome. The whole issue felt incredibly uncomfortable and cold but it made for a really different tone for a Marvel book. It works pretty perfectly for the character and his new family. The stuff at the end hooked me. Highly recommended.

Joe Golem 1 - The setting for this series is fascinating with lower Manhattan being underwater and all. I haven't read the novel so I don't know if it really goes into it, but I'm curious to see what Joe's nightmares were all about. The actually mystery should be good too. Mignola's great at doing stories with monsters so I have no doubt it will be.

For those who followed Johns' Aquaman, I stumbled upon a blog that wrote a lengthy and interesting speculative piece about the Seven Seas and the possible identities of the undersea kingdoms, back in August 2014. It's worth a read if you're interested in the upcoming Rise of the Seven Seas event, or even just in DC's comic history in general.

The Seven Seas as first revealed in Aquaman #24:
Aquaman%2B(2011-)%2B024-006.jpg

Haha. Cheers! That was actually the site I was just looking at. Jimmy Palmiotti just tweeted that Harley Quinn was the best selling female led on-going; I was curious as to what kind of numbers it was doing.

Edit:

Also, I've caught up on Midnighter. That reveal was even more resonating, because I just finished reading
Grant Morrion's JLA
earlier this week. So good to have ACO back, his pencils are unbelievably kinetic. I can't believe this book isn't making better sales.

Messi

Haha. Cheers! That was actually the site I was just looking at. Jimmy Palmiotti just tweeted that Harley Quinn was the best selling female led on-going; I was curious as to what kind of numbers it was doing.

Edit:

Also, I've caught up on Midnighter. That reveal was even more resonating, because I just finished reading
Grant Morrion's JLA
earlier this week. So good to have ACO back, his pencils are unbelievably kinetic. I can't believe this book isn't making better sales.

Harley Quinn does great numbers every month. Massive success for DC.

Harley Quinn does great numbers every month. Massive success for DC.

Doesn't surprise me. Wasn't Harley Quinn also this year's most popular choice for Halloween costumes?

I sure hope this popularity translates into Suicide Squad ticket sales. I want Harley to stick around the DCCU.

Messi

Doesn't surprise me. Wasn't Harley Quinn also this year's most popular choice for Halloween costumes?

I sure hope this popularity translates into Suicide Squad ticket sales. I want Harley to stick around the DCCU.

Yeah Harley Quinn is going nowhere. People love her.

It's fun of a different kind but still amazing.

I also bought art from it, Lupacchino's art is incredible :p

Omgosh, it's beautiful! I'd have argued that Starfire is a character that needs colour to work, but that page is beautiful on its own. Say no more, Starfire's on my list.

Also my harley page

Haha. I loved this issue! Great page choice.

I'm not sure if it's just me, but I could only see your pages by opening the image files in a new tab.

Starfire is an insanely beautiful book. The colours add so much to it. It's also really funny imo.

Found my page

Oh wow, you're right, the colours add so much. It's such a warm book. I need to upgrade my iPad so I can truly appreciate the pencils and inks. Still running a 3rd generation.

I'm so glad I held out for the Deluxe Sandman collection instead of buying the floppies. I know there have been books with longer delays between issues than Overture, but still, I think it's going to read better collected.

Owzers

things that seem good that i want:

Citizen Jack- trade
Monstress - trade, though i don't like the art as comics-gaf does
The Vision - MU

in six months i will talk about what i think of them. *waits*

which is more consistent, Prez or Midnighter?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Guys, DC released a Stealth Batman Deluxe Edition today, that 1941-1945 War Comic Thingy is a little bit bigger then a Standard DC Deluxe.

Superman and Wonder Woman get booth one of these, too.

Hagi

I think Starfire has been much better than Harley has been so far. It's really good.

Would I like Monstress? I didn't buy it cause of the price tag.

I'd recommend it to anyone really, it was a fantastic first issue. It being triple sized helped the setup greatly so you get a great sense of the world. I think you'd enjoy it.

Owzers

in DCBS order-making summary:

Thoughts on
Prez vol 1 tp
Midnighter vol 1 tp
Spider-Man Deadpool #1
Rocket Raccoon and Groot #1

Read some comics, learnt how kites were made in early 1600s Japan.

What Deluxe Hardcovers do we have coming out soon?

There are what I have in my to-buy for the rest of this year.(Astro City is not deluxe though).

Astro City Lovers Quarrel
Don Rosa v3/v4 Box Set
Goon Library Edition 1
Hawkeye v2
iZombie Omnibus
Usagi Yojimbo Saga 5

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Ugh. Haven't had any desire to read comics for like the past two weeks. Sucks.

Owzers

Ugh. Haven't had any desire to read comics for like the past two weeks. Sucks.

Similar....but i did read some of the humble Ash and the Army of Darkness comic while watching the Warriors/Clippers game and that was fun.

Top Bottom