• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2015. The much-anticipated sequel to October's OT.

Just purchased Monstress. Better be as good as you all say.

+1

Edit: Also fuck Newsarama for the "Morrison, Waid, Simone Marvel family book...." headline cutting out there on the banner, so when my fragile hear t skipped a beat and I clicked on it, I saw "It almost happened".

Owzers

so i was googling returning statues for paint problems and i came upon some sideshow photos, i think it was Freeza who talked about their poor quality but whahtttttttttttttt.

That some major changes from the initial design :p

so i was googling returning statues for paint problems and i came upon some sideshow photos, i think it was Freeza who talked about their poor quality but whahtttttttttttttt.

It's not so much a change in design as shitty QC. Sideshow QC has been slipping over the past few years. Prototypes always look all awesome and shit because they have time to make it look perfect, to get the lighting just right in pictures, etc.

That's terrible. I'd be pissed.
Not that I could ever imagine becoming a statue collector.

Owzers

I requested an exchange for my harley paint bump that's also a statue from Amazon...if the new one is worse than mine i'll just keep the bump but i have to take a chance on a better statue life.

Messi

Best thing in comics this week

feSNjqZ.jpg

Is that the same panel 5 times? Looool

It really, really sucks for Rollins, who has had a solid year in spite of the material he was given.

The tournament for the title should be great though, there's little in pro wrestling that beats a tournament. Make it really interesting and say only guys who've never been world champion can enter. That won't happen though, we'll get Ambrose/Reigns as the final, Reigns will win, they'll hug and Sheamus will cash in MITB. Then we get Sheamus/Reigns for the next six months or so. Yuck.

ElNarez

Banned

that's on you for liking rogue man

anyway fuck that, because IT'S HAPPENING

P4CqEC0.png

It pretty much has to be a Deadpool mini, right? They usually run one of those alongside the main book, there hasn't been one for awhile unless you count Deadpool's Secret Secret Wars. Would fit with the movie coming up as well.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
It pretty much has to be a Deadpool mini, right? They usually run one of those alongside the main book, there hasn't been one for awhile unless you count Deadpool's Secret Secret Wars. Would fit with the movie coming up as well.
Buts a X-Men comic and we all know how Marvel hates X-Men now.

I don't stop in here often, but I wanted to vent about the absurdity of paying $11 bucks for two X-Men books yesterday. What a time to be alive.

Was reading an old Stan Sakai interview today. The amount of research he does is amazing.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=54807

It just shows the Usagi and Tomoe performing the tea ceremony together and at the end he leaves. I thought it was very nice, very poetic. I got a lot of very positive responses from that. Again, it's one of those where up to the last minute I was doing research. After I sent it in I found that he brought his swords in with him and I immediately e-mailed Diana and said don't run the story I have to redraw a page. I redid the page with Usagi leaving his swords outside the teahouse. I know if I had not corrected that, people would have caught me on it. I've been caught before.

There's one story where Usagi plays a game of Go and I used to play Go as a kid but what I played was Gomoku -- the same board, same game pieces but the strategies are different. I had said, this is a game of Go and people caught me from as far as Germany saying, that's not Go. Fortunately I was able to change that for the trades. Not only is it corrected but the position of the game pieces were the exact positions as they were in this famous game that took place in the Fifteenth Century. It was one of the most famous games in history. No one's ever complimented me on that, but I know it's there.

I don't stop in here often, but I wanted to vent about the absurdity of paying $11 bucks for two X-Men books yesterday. What a time to be alive.

At least one was an oversized issue. I've sadly accepted that it's just the cost of being an X-Men fan these days. Though I really did enjoy Extraordinary X-Men, and I look forward to seeing what Lemire and Ramos do with it.

At least one was an oversized issue. I've sadly accepted that it's just the cost of being an X-Men fan these days. Though I really did enjoy Extraordinary X-Men, and I look forward to seeing what Lemire and Ramos do with it.

I think Lemire has the voices down pretty well right off the bat, but I was not prepared for the Ramos Colossus.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Man, Jenkins Spider-Man was so great. His second arc on Spectacular were Doc Ock captures the palastinensian president was so very brave and political. Love to see Ock interacting with him.

Man, and how Ock claims that the has seen real fear unlike anyone in Gaza. Oh man. Great way to show what an egoistic asshole Octavius was.

He should get another book again!

Messi

Night of the living Deadpool
Return of the living Deadpool
Deadpool vs Thanos (the Secret Wars mini series that isn't his regular book)

No shortage of minis recently

Foofaraw

I just got back from my comic shop.

Devastating news: Sold out of Monstress.

I have to wait 2 weeks for the reprints to come in. WOE IS ME! I will go cry into Colossus's scruffy metal beard.

I just got back from my comic shop.

Devastating news: Sold out of Monstress.

I have to wait 2 weeks for the reprints to come in. WOE IS ME! I will go cry into Colossus's scruffy metal beard.

Is digital not an option? It looks loads better on a tablet, which I didn't think was even possible, because it looks superb in print.

Top Bottom