• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2015. The much-anticipated sequel to October's OT.

Tomita

This Hawkeye run really shouldn't exist. It's clear the team had/has no real fucking idea for the characters, and they just wanted to bum on the momentum created by the definitive Hawkeye run. What the shit was that pitch meeting like for the new Hawkeye?

Yeah. They said they'd explore Clint and Barney's relationship, but what we got so far amounts to "no shit, Sherlock" without any point to it. Who in this thread said Lemire just writes shit going through the motions? Because that's exactly what that is (though I don't think I've read much else of his).
This post makes me sound like I'm super pissed off but I'm not, lol

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Yeah. They said they'd explore Clint and Barney's relationship, but what we got so far amounts to "no shit, Sherlock" without any point to it. Who in this thread said Lemire just writes shit going through the motions? Because that's exactly what that is (though I don't think I've read much else of his).
This post makes me sound like I'm super pissed off but I'm not, lol
Pretty sure that was Rafa who said that, and unfortunately this book isn't disproving it, but Lemire has done some really solid work outside of this abomination. I mean, Descender is really fucking fun.

it's a biker gang exploitation movie except everyone is a monkey (and the monkeys fuck a LOT)
SOLD.

PsychBat!

Banned
SQGIRL2015B003-WaiteVar-20847.jpg

Personally, whatever momentum Fraction/Aja/Wu Hawkeye had died when delays hit. Like they left a car running and the battery died. So it's felt like this new creative team had to "restart the battery", and instead blew up the engine.

Holy shit, that makes no sense.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Personally, whatever momentum Fraction/Aja/Wu Hawkeye had died when delays hit. Like they left a car running and the battery died. So it's felt like this new creative team had to "restart the battery", and instead blew up the engine.

Holy shit, that makes no sense.

The only part of your post I agree with, man.

Filthy Slug

Yeah, I figured. Though when I said personally, I meant that's how it felt to me - not that it was universal.

I gotcha--but seriously, when the omnibus drops, read that start-to-finish, and see how you feel about it. The wait never bothered me because I just want the original creative team to put out the story they want over forced Big-Two deadlines, and because each super delayed issue was just fucking phenomenal.

Pretty sure that was Rafa who said that, and unfortunately this book isn't disproving it, but Lemire has done some really solid work outside of this abomination. I mean, Descender is really fucking fun.

SOLD.
Yeah I said that. Don't get me started on his art though. I got The Descender though, only read the first issue, pretty good.

PsychBat!

Banned

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I gotcha--but seriously, when the omnibus drops, read that start-to-finish, and see how you feel about it. The wait never bothered me because I just want the original creative team to put out the story they want over forced Big-Two deadlines, and because each super delayed issue was just fucking phenomenal.

Yup. I'm gonna try that, then rejudge it.

This current Batman arc is so boring IMO

Shame because the rest have been great

It's definitely a step down, but I don't know I'd call it outright boring. Mr. Bloom is fantastic, best new villain in ages. And some of the stuff with Bruce is great.

Actually, now that I stop and think about it, I'm having trouble pinning down what exactly my problem is with this one. Maybe it's just too slow moving or something. I know something is wrong...

Messi

It's definitely a step down, but I don't know I'd call it outright boring. Mr. Bloom is fantastic, best new villain in ages. And some of the stuff with Bruce is great.

Actually, now that I stop and think about it, I'm having trouble pinning down what exactly my problem is with this one. Maybe it's just too slow moving or something. I know something is wrong...

It's Gordon.

Time to be honest.

ANAD Avengers #1 didn't really do anything for me. I would even go so far as to say I didn't like it. They had an opportunity to take all of these characters and bring them together, but they did not. If things are going to happen at a snails pace in this book, maybe I should trade-wait.

Ultimates #1 was a solid 3.5/5. Intro was a bit boring with the metaphysical nonsense, but this book definitely seems like it's headed places. <3 Rocafort

Secret Wars #7 was kind of dull, but I loved the last five or so pages.
Whenever GOAT Black Panther broke through to the land of the dead.

Wicked + Divine #16 seems like the series is starting to get back on track, and I enjoyed seeing some more backstory on the Morrigan.

Walking Dead #148 was easily book of the week for me.

Luigi87

My two issues are Gordon (this isn't the Gordon I know D=), and that the story seems... kind of preachy to me. I dunno.

It's Gordon.

Yep, definitely Gordon.

Also, Detective Comics #46 was sad as hell. Jesus wept :'(

My two issues are Gordon (this isn't the Gordon I know D=), and that the story seems... kind of preachy to me. I dunno.

Nah, I like Gordon, too. The kind of wry, exasperated "you all can't possibly be serious with this" attitude he brings is a nice note of humor.

Still, I guess he does come off as a little flat at times.

Messi

Time to be honest.

ANAD Avengers #1 didn't really do anything for me. I would even go so far as to say I didn't like it. They had an opportunity to take all of these characters and bring them together, but they did not. If things are going to happen at a snails pace in this book, maybe I should trade-wait.

Ultimates #1 was a solid 3.5/5. Intro was a bit boring with the metaphysical nonsense, but this book definitely seems like it's headed places. <3 Rocafort

Wicked + Divine #16 seems like the series is starting to get back on track, and I enjoyed seeing some more backstory on the Morrigan.

Freeza get my list.

You can't sit there and tell me you didn't enjoy the Nova and Ms Marvel section. It's classic freeza.

Squire

Banned
Time to be honest.

I figured it'd be like that, so I didn't even bother. NA and Uncanny #1 were OK, but very fleeting in terms of impact. I sort of had an epiphany after reading those that had already been bubbling under the surface: "It's not going to be as good as the Hickman stuff."

And it's not. It's not even as good as Bendis, I think. I don't owe it to Marvel to settle for less than what came before, so yeah, I'm good.

You can't sit there and tell me you didn't enjoy the Nova and Ms Marvel section. It's classic freeza.

It was better than the first half, certainly. But by that point I was so soured on the rest of it that it really didn't help my mood.

When does Ms. Marvel #1 drop?

Flash OT is pretty good, if a tad odd. Arrow and Supergirl are filled with people who hatewatch, which is not great. AoS peeps are kinda defensive, but other than that they're okay.
AoS one was just full of shitting on it but also praising it but also hating it. It's weird. I'm just gonna stay out of OTs for the most part. Save for Once Upon a Time and Supernatural. Those are the two best OTs. The Flash was good last season, so I might dive into it this time. Arrow, Gotham, and AoS I will avoid.
Nothing about it interested me. I find the Inhumans boring enough as it is.
Then why bother with it?

What a strange picjk. I would have thought Terra or Cecil would've been better picks. Or better yet, Geno. He's been so highly requested, and if I recall correctly, the reason he hadn't showed up in a game was due to weird rights issues between Ninty and SE. He looks fun, though, so I am excited/

Neol

What a strange picjk. I would have thought Terra or Cecil would've been better picks. Or better yet, Geno. He's been so highly requested, and if I recall correctly, the reason he hadn't showed up in a game was due to weird rights issues between Ninty and SE. He looks fun, though, so I am excited/

It makes sense in the long run as its essentially a free advertisement for the upcoming FFVII remake. Same goes for Ryu for SFV.

VanWinkle

Do any of you guys when when the PlayStation Experience press conference is? I mainly just need the day, but time would be helpful too.

Top Bottom