• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2015. The much-anticipated sequel to October's OT.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I respect that answer. Thought I'd recommend War of Kings, Inhuman, or Inhumans (Jenkins/Lee) as my go to stories for Inhumans
They're pretty boss in Infinity as well

I'll give them all a go.

I'll continue with Inhumans until the end of the arc and see what happens too.

I enjoyed Karnak though, so I guess the Inhumans aint all bad

Vibranium

Banned
I didn't buy any books this week, no Avengers for me anymore I think.

Can't wait for Black Widow...and hopefully Winter Soldier gets a book with a proper espionage direction (whether solo or in a team).

Catching up on TWD from #140

I fucking love Negan

Traitor!
How can you love someone who killed boss Glenn? #neverforget

But, godammit, and I hate myself for it.. I love him, too. He's terrible. A murderer. But I respect his toughness. His grit, intelligence, humour, and personality. He won the apocalypse, basically. For a time.

Edit:
Rick would have died in that tank if not for Glenn! #neverforget

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Traitor!
How can you love someone who killed boss Glenn? #neverforget

But, godammit, and I hate myself for it.. I love him, too. He's terrible. A murderer. But I respect his toughness. His grit, intelligence, humour, and personality. He won the apocalypse, basically. For a time.

Edit:
Rick would have died in that tank if not for Glenn! #neverforget

Fuck Glenn

Oh god I just murdered a person in fallout for their clothes. What is happening to me :(.

Comics take me back.

Messi, you are so awful. I don't kill people who don't deserve it.
A lot of them deserve it

Are you going to do the settlement building stuff? I haven't decieed yet, but it seems like too much to deal with.

I have fallen way behind on comics and I just want to finally catch up on some of the new releases of last month,

Batman & Robin Eternal #1
So we got what seems to be a Scarecrow-centric story brewing with some new villains, Mother and Orphan (who looks ridiculous, c'mon these new villain designs need to step up and away from hoodies). Then an ending that is just crazy.

Batman & Robin Eternal #2
This issue had some pretty impressive fighting panels, great work by Paul Pelletier. The scene with Bats and Dick Robin in a corn field was kind of hilarious. Actual dialog:

"Crane! You were a brilliant Psychiatrist! You were trusted! You were recommended to help us find the perpetrator of the gas attacks because you're the best there is! You could have been something great, but you threw it all away to play masquerade!"

This is Batman screaming in a cornfield. It's pretty amazing.

Also I really need to read Grayson #2 again they keep adding editorial notes referencing cannibalism like Hannibal was a guest star in the issue.

Batman & Robin Eternal #3
Exposition, not a lot happens but Red Hood definitely has an Iron Man mask in this. Also Bruce is in trouble.

Batman & Robin Eternal #4
Pretty good issue, they bring in the We Are Robins crew (haven't read their book) and Batgirl to protect Bruce from an AX gang. Then at the Batcave, Cass is being all mysterious not talking, just pointing and walking in general directions. Wasn't a big fan of Scott Eaton's art but it was passable.

Grayson is still the lead so I'll keep reading this series

Luigi87

So read Web-Warriors #1.
... It's... interesting. I did enjoy the more humorous bits.

I love Spider-Gwen, but I'll admit she seems to have been given an unfair amount of spotlight here.
... Being said I will continue to check it out for more of her and Spider-Ham.

VanWinkle

Read the first issue of Fear Agent. Really cool. Looking forward to the rest. The art is great. I wish there wasn't quite so much profanity (I'm not a fan of that, personally), but it's not nearly as often or bad as Black Science, so I'm assuming that's just Rick Remender's style.

Reviews part 2

Paper Girls #1
Such a beautiful book, Cliff Chiang is amazing. All the girls have such a unique awesome look. The story kind of has a Goonies, ET, 80s adventure film vibe to it so far and I'm really digging it. Can't wait for the next issue.

I Hate Fairyland #1
This is just Skottie Young having fun isn't it. It's about a girl who has been stuck in some fairyland too long and is just causing destruction every where she goes. Art is great, but the story isn't really clever.

Black Magick #1
That was a hell of an opener, I'll admit when it first opened with the ritual I was expecting a lot of explanation of witches and magic but the story gets right into it with the hostage situation. Brilliant work by Greg Rucka and Nicola Scott. The art was too good.

Survivors' Club #1
This was pretty good. There's like six individuals who all have past traumas that resemble horror films have some kind of connection to each other. A haunted arcade cabinet, a run in with a vampire, Japanese ghost haunting, an Exorcism, etc. The story seems very fresh and art is great. Ryan Kelly's art is seriously good.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
LEMgaP7.png
Ah, thats why GAF was suddenly offline

I need some recommendations for my brother. He likes physics, especially time. Is there any superhero stories that deal with time? I mean something like that Flash villain who can control time or something like time paradoxes. Don't hesitate to recommend popular stories, my brother has only read the new 52 Shazam.

MG310

Damn, that Chiang Zatanna page I liked jumped up 75 dollars and sold quickly in the move from Splash Page to Felix Comic Art.

I need some recommendations for my brother. He likes physics, especially time. Is there any superhero stories that deal with time? I mean something like that Flash villain who can control time or something like time paradoxes. Don't hesitate to recommend popular stories, my brother has only read the new 52 Shazam.

Ivar, Timewalker

Time jumps?

Anything Hickman has ever written would work

Red Wing probably being the heaviest of time jump shenanigans but thats an indie title. If he wants a Marvel/DC book with time travel, maybe the original days of future past X-men story line?

Anything with Kang. So maybe Remender's Uncanny Avengers

I'll give them all a go.

I'll continue with Inhumans until the end of the arc and see what happens too.

I enjoyed Karnak though, so I guess the Inhumans aint all bad
I think the Inhumans have a lot to them, but I don't think Marvel is using them all that well. I really enjoy everything they have. By Right of Birth is also a pretty good story, as well.
Ivar, Timewalker

Time travel hijinks are best hijinks.

Also LP, have you read the most recent chapter of D.Gray-Man? Because I'm confused as fuck right now.

Thanks for the recommendations.
Ivar, Timewalker
Seems good.
Time jumps?

Anything Hickman has ever written would work

Red Wing probably being the heaviest of time jump shenanigans but thats an indie title. If he wants a Marvel/DC book with time travel, maybe the original days of future past X-men story line?

Anything with Kang. So maybe Remender's Uncanny Avengers
He has seen the movie, but I will check some stories with Kang in them.

Tizoc

All New Avengers was...OK.
The Falcon stuff at the start was awkward, but
Stark's car transforming into his armor was both awesome and hilarious
Rather didn't care for the Ms. Marvel story

Secret Wars 7
Wait
when did everyone turn against Doom?

All new Wolverine
I honestly thought this would be about Logan lol. Interesting premise, but I didn't care much for it

THat's only the few comics I read so far, will read more later when I have the time.

Messi

All New Avengers was...OK.
The Falcon stuff at the start was awkward, but
Stark's car transforming into his armor was both awesome and hilarious
Rather didn't care for the Ms. Marvel story

Secret Wars 7
Wait
when did everyone turn against Doom?

All new Wolverine
I honestly thought this would be about Logan lol. Interesting premise, but I didn't care much for it

THat's only the few comics I read so far, will read more later when I have the time.

You thought a book with a female Wolverine on the cover would be about Logan?

Bombshell Batwoman still hasn't shipped from dcbs. The fuck dcbs.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Reviews part 2

Paper Girls #1
Such a beautiful book, Cliff Chiang is amazing. All the girls have such a unique awesome look. The story kind of has a Goonies, ET, 80s adventure film vibe to it so far and I'm really digging it. Can't wait for the next issue.

I Hate Fairyland #1
This is just Skottie Young having fun isn't it. It's about a girl who has been stuck in some fairyland too long and is just causing destruction every where she goes. Art is great, but the story isn't really clever.

Black Magick #1
That was a hell of an opener, I'll admit when it first opened with the ritual I was expecting a lot of explanation of witches and magic but the story gets right into it with the hostage situation. Brilliant work by Greg Rucka and Nicola Scott. The art was too good.

Good stuff. Really enjoyed all 3 of these myself. Throw in Monstress and it has been a great 3 or 4 week period of #1's for Image.

Brian Fellows you are a good man you know that?

I have my moments. :) I've enjoyed every Starfire so far and I thought this was the best one yet.

Tizoc

You thought a book with a female Wolverine on the cover would be about Logan?

Bombshell Batwoman still hasn't shipped from dcbs. The fuck dcbs.

I forgot about Laura donning the Wolverine costume, sue me.
I was reading Rucka's Wolverine run which stuck in my head for a while.
Besides Falcon and Ironman have always been Avengers and that roster rotates every 6 months or something :V

Time travel and I'm guessing he liked Shazam?

Check out 52. It's a fantastic time travel story and has Black Adam.

Heard the Booster Gold ongoing after that is good too, never read it.

I'm still surprised by this. It's not even like a good or bad surprise, it's completely random. I associate cloud more with ps1. If they wanted a Final Fantasy character they should use Terra, Cecil or Celeste. A Golden sun character would be great too.

kmfdmpig

The 2007 Booster Gold series would scratch that itch as it heavily focuses on time travel. The creative teams changed several times so quality fluctuated a lot but overall it was good.
Umbrella Academy has a character that messes with time a bit and the series is excellent.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
The 2007 Booster Gold series would scratch that itch as it heavily focuses on time travel. The creative teams changed several times so quality fluctuated a lot but overall it was good.
Umbrella Academy has a character that messes with time a bit and the series is excellent.

My dude. I reread the series like two months back and holy fuckballs is it still excellent.

Unrelated: Just finished the most recent Southern Bastards and was fucking shocked to see Jason Latour. I haven't enjoyed a single book he's written, but this was one of the best damn Southern Bastards issues. I know he's a co-creator, but dude has the voice down for this book perfectly.

Time travel and I'm guessing he liked Shazam?

Check out 52. It's a fantastic time travel story and has Black Adam.

Heard the Booster Gold ongoing after that is good too, never read it.
I think he liked Shazam. So, 52 seems like a very good recommendation. Is it a standalone comic book or does he have to read something else before 52?

I will check this one, too.

My dude. I reread the series like two months back and holy fuckballs is it still excellent.

Unrelated: Just finished the most recent Southern Bastards and was fucking shocked to see Jason Latour. I haven't enjoyed a single book he's written, but this was one of the best damn Southern Bastards issues. I know he's a co-creator, but dude has the voice down for this book perfectly.
I still cant get over how Morrisonesque Way writes

SB is too good. Im only up through the second trade, but Im not really surprised Latour wrote a solid issue. He's more of an uneven writer than a bad one at this point and I think the subject matter probably fits him as good as anything.

Tizoc

Hmm
DC's Chronos
It isn't collected sadly but MIGHT be available digitally on DC's service
It starred Chronos, a Time Traveler but I've only ever heard of it being interesting I hadn't exactly read it ^^;

Transformers: MTMTE had a rather interesting time travel story

Other than that Doctor Who comics I guess.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I still cant get over how Morrisonesque Way writes

SB is too good. Im only up through the second trade, but Im not really surprised Latour wrote a solid issue. He's more of an uneven writer than a bad one at this point and I think the subject matter probably fits him as good as anything.

Yeah, Way very obviously loves and idolizes Morrison and his writing, but I think the best part is the book never feels like a Morrison impression, it feels super fucking unique and has the same spirit as the more wild Morrison stuff like Doom Patrol. The stuff with Rumour in the second arc is so damn good--I was geeking out over that shit with Tim a little while back.

And yeah, this issue of Southern Bastards is the best thing Jason Latour has written. The Jasons are in some perfect harmony on this joint--it's really cool to see.

Umbrella Academy is awesome. I bought it cause sillymonkey said it was good but I was super impressed by it. I still need to read the second volume too!

Filthy Slug

Umbrella Academy is awesome. I bought it cause sillymonkey said it was good but I was super impressed by it. I still need to read the second volume too!

Sillymonkey liked something. Most weird: Sillymonkey liked Umbrella Academy? Damn, that's how good that book is.

Tizoc

I was singing praise for UA long before sillymonkey even posted in these threads :V
You kids need ot pay more attention to my posts even if they feature crazy ramblings.

Owzers

I was singing praise for UA long before sillymonkey even posted in these threads :V
You kids need ot pay more attention to my posts even if they feature crazy ramblings.

I inspired comics-gaf into existence. Only when i was needed most did i start posting.

Top Bottom