• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2015. The much-anticipated sequel to October's OT.

ElNarez

Banned
You want some real fun? Count how many people in ANAD have no previous works with Marvel Comics. It's a tiny handful.

All-New. All-Different.

Black Science #1, #2: Great art and the setting was taking me through different amazing worlds, but everything felt so generic and tired. And the lead character was a pain. Some weird mix of emo school kid and fedora wearing redditor. Don't have any interest to read the rest of the trade.

Owzers

my white paint near perfectly matches up with the harley white paint.

I'm doing it. I"M DOING IT.

edit: i did it for nothing i forgot it doesn't fit into the base right.

Oh man, Walking Dead. I knew
that shit was going to happen. No other reason for Kirkman to keep Negan alive.

I don't know what to think about
Neegan. Do you think he'll gain Rick's trust only to destroy him in the end? I enjoy Neegan because how can you not? But I'll always hate his ass for what he did to Glenn. Alpha is a stone cold killer. What is her motivation for even wanting to lead this most miserable group of survivors? And is there anyone Carl won't point a gun at? I was thinking Rick, but, nope, he pointed a gun at him when he thought he might turn after the antibiotics overdose or whatever that was. That bitch Lydia is lucky Andrea didn't slap her weak ass after Lydia pointed a gun at her. Andrea staying classy.

Checked out iPad Pro at the Apple store. Its so big its absurd! It won't be for everyone but for what I use my iPad for it looks like it'll be awesome.

Placed the order on apple, and now to wait a couple more weeks

I dont even know why I clicked this, but now I hate myself

Following this thread as a trade-waiting Walking Dead reader is not easy. You'll be spoiled. Either because you can't resist black bars or because someone is careless. And it's a terrible book to be spoiled on. If you can, I'd encourage you to catch up. The issues are only 2.99. Well, except for me if I buy on Comixology, apparently. I checked and after the U.S. -> Canada conversion, I apparently paid over $4 for my issue today. Guess I'll stop buying digitally since it seems to be more expensive for me that way.

I dont even know why I clicked this, but now I hate myself

Oh man, you can't blame that one on me. Those spoiler tags weren't even Freeza'd.

I don't know what to think about
Neegan. Do you think he'll gain Rick's trust only to destroy him in the end? I enjoy Neegan because how can you not? But I'll always hate his ass for what he did to Glenn. Alpha is a stone cold killer. What is her motivation for even wanting to lead this most miserable group of survivors? And is there anyone Carl won't point a gun at? I was thinking Rick, but, nope, he pointed a gun at him when he thought he might turn after the antibiotics overdose or whatever that was. That bitch Lydia is lucky Andrea didn't slap her weak ass after Lydia pointed a gun at her. Andrea staying classy.

For now,
He's going to be the devil on Rick's shoulder. Negan will help him out, but he's going to want something. The long-term is what's going to be interesting. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if Kirkman is planning to kill off Rick soon. After all, he did introduce Dagna's crew not long ago before doing absolutely nothing with them.

For now,
He's going to be the devil on Rick's shoulder. Negan will help him out, but he's going to want something. The long-term is what's going to be interesting. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if Kirkman is planning to kill off Rick soon. After all, he did introduce Dagna's crew not long ago before doing absolutely nothing with them.

I'm curious as to what you think
the introduction of Dagna's crew would have to do with killing off Rick soon? I don't think Kirkman will kill Rick until the very final issue, if even then. But, man, I wish he would. I hate Rick.

Vyer

Checked out iPad Pro at the Apple store. Its so big its absurd! It won't be for everyone but for what I use my iPad for it looks like it'll be awesome.

Placed the order on apple, and now to wait a couple more weeks

Yeah, I don't think the Pro is really 'for' me. I use my ipad primarily for media consumption; video, browsing, email, reading, games, etc. Big screen aside, because of that I'm not really looking to go heavier for my tablet.

I'm sure comics will look glorious on it though.

Messi

Following this thread as a trade-waiting Walking Dead reader is not easy. You'll be spoiled. Either because you can't resist black bars or because someone is careless. And it's a terrible book to be spoiled on. If you can, I'd encourage you to catch up. The issues are only 2.99. Well, except for me if I buy on Comixology, apparently. I checked and after the U.S. -> Canada conversion, I apparently paid over $4 for my issue today. Guess I'll stop buying digitally since it seems to be more expensive for me that way.

I am behind on walking dead and I have been since I got here. Never seen an unmarked spoiler. The walking dead crowd tend to be good at marking their chats,

Clicking black bars...well that I can't vouch for.

I am behind on walking dead and I have been since I got here. Never seen an unmarked spoiler. The walking dead crowd tend to be good at marking their chats,

You're lucky you missed it. I was spoiled( due to careless posting) on a huge plot element not long ago before I caught up.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

Yeah, I have a serious problem. I've ruined a ton of shit by happily clicking bars. No idea why.

Just read Karnak #1, not sure how I feel but I have confidence in Ellis so will continue reading.

I'm curious as to what you think
the introduction of Dagna's crew would have to do with killing off Rick soon? I don't think Kirkman will kill Rick until the very final issue, if even then. But, man, I wish he would. I hate Rick.

Just off the top of my head, Kirkman could
Kill off Rick, have Negan take control of the community and shift the main focus of the book to Magna's crew (lol, I was initially thinking of Dagna the Dwarf from Dragon Age), regardless of whether they stay or flee. Or, they could have been moles aligned with Alpha from the beginning. I mean, how else did some of Alpha's people get into the community for the kidnappings unless someone was already there? The fact they were in the wilderness where they could be rescued by Rick's people seemed pretty convenient. I doubt Kirkman would put new characters in place like that and not have a reason.

I'm terribly bored of the TV series, but I look forward to every new issue of the comic.

Sandfox

I'm trying to point out that ANAD Marvel feels somewhat stale, in parts, because there aren't really that many new voices, or new perspectives, which is reflected in the final product.

They clearly changed things up quite a bit. People who don't like the direction they've been going since Marvel Now will probably have an issue with it though.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Kill off Rick, have Negan take control of the community and shift the main focus of the book to Magna's crew (lol, I was initially thinking of Dagna the Dwarf from Dragon Age), regardless of whether they stay or flee. Or, they could have been moles aligned with Alpha from the beginning. I mean, how else did some of Alpha's people get into the community for the kidnappings unless someone was already there? The fact they were in the wilderness where they could be rescued by Rick's people seemed pretty convenient. I doubt Kirkman would put new characters in place like that and not have a reason.

I'm terribly bored of the TV series, but I look forward to every new issue of the comic.

OH OH OH

I WASNT SPOILED!

I thought
Negan had died

VanWinkle

I just got Fear Agent Vol 1 Library Edition in, and I'm ASTONISHED by how good the quality is. Far, far better than DC's and Marvel's deluxe editions/OHCs and no more expensive. It's more closely in line with the absolute editions in size and binding and maybe even better in paper quality, but at half+ the cost.

Sorry for rambling, but I'm just kind of blown away. Bravo to Dark Horse from a new fan.

I just got Fear Agent Vol 1 Library Edition in, and I'm ASTONISHED by how good the quality is. Far, far better than DC's and Marvel's deluxe editions/OHCs and no more expensive. It's more closely in line with the absolute editions in size and binding and maybe even better in paper quality, but at half+ the cost.

Sorry for rambling, but I'm just kind of blown away. Bravo to Dark Horse from a new fan.

The Hellboy Library Editions and BPRD hardcovers are beautiful books as well. They're much better than any hardcover I've purchased from Marvel or DC.

Yeah, I don't think the Pro is really 'for' me. I use my ipad primarily for media consumption; video, browsing, email, reading, games, etc. Big screen aside, because of that I'm not really looking to go heavier for my tablet.

I'm sure comics will look glorious on it though.
Yea for me I use it 99% of the time in landscape mode propped up on my as I lay around. So weight means nothing as I never really hold it myself. And the comics. I can't wait to see the comics!!

Just read ANAD Avengers #1 and I liked it. The main story itself went by a little too fast but I like how Waid wrote Tony, Sam, and Miles here. Definitely looking forward to more.

The second half was great!

Good points about
Magna's group. (I didn't even notice you got the name wrong. So many TWD names.) I've wondered about them, too. They seemed like they were gonna cause trouble and then.. Nothing. But if your theory is correct, they offed one of their own. The dude who was crushed out on Magna ended up pike'd.

Good points about
Magna's group. (I didn't even notice you got the name wrong. So many TWD names.) I've wondered about them, too. They seemed like they were gonna cause trouble and then.. Nothing. But if your theory is correct, they offed one of their own. The dude who was crushed out on Magna ended up pike'd.

You read today's issue, right?
Alpha sliced the throat of her own guy. I wouldn't put it past any of them.

PsychBat!

Banned
blah
3tZPo7X.png

imo

Honestly, there were a lot of good comics this week.

You read today's issue, right?
Alpha sliced the throat of her own guy. I wouldn't put it past any of them.

Yeah, but that's because
he would have eventually told someone he saw her crying. The second he saw that, he was dead. She immediately asked if he was alone or if anyone else was around. She killed him because her whole thing is that suppressing emotion is a key to the strength of a whisperer and her own crying makes her look weak and vulnerable.vShe is a stone cold killer, though, no doubt. Magna and her group are hella emotional. All anger and suspicion and need and relief and hope and feelings, feelings, feelings. They're not whisperers.

VanWinkle

Oh my goodness, how long has Comixology had DC Elseworlds titles? I had no idea, but there's 15 of them there, and only $1.99 each.

Off to buy some now.

I'm reading Monstress and it's great so far but I noticed something weird:
was Maika supposed to have two arms in that part where she was electrocuted? Or was that a mistake?

Hmmm maybe I should've read more before asking

Finished reading it. There was a lot going on, but Liu did a great job at not just filling the book with narration boxes to take the easy way out. It was really well told IMO. Takeda's art was fantastic as well. Love the architecture she used throughout and her monster designs are stunning. Great read.

Dexstarrs origin always makes me tear up

http://imgur.com/gallery/oh7xR

There's a Dex-Starr plushie being released through Diamond today. I'm tempted to get it as a Red Lanterns/Dex-Starr fan.

http://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUN150345
Daaaaaaamn
WTF, since when were Medusa and Human Torch together?

Uncanny Inhumans is trash btw

It was one issue. Chill. Uncanny Inhumans #0 set up everything for this. The art is not helping this book, though.

Megatron

Just read Amazing Spiderman 3. This is the best issue yet. Loved the part where
Johnny got caught in the same tube spiderman was caught in Amazing #1!

I'm trying to point out that ANAD Marvel feels somewhat stale, in parts, because there aren't really that many new voices, or new perspectives, which is reflected in the final product.
If this is your definition of stale, you should run away and never look back, because there's no possible way you're ever going to be happy. What is the tone or genre or style you're looking for that isn't represented in the current lineup that would actually have a place at a publisher like Marvel? They haven't had a lineup this diverse since they were putting out books like G.I. Joe, Barbie, Ren & Stimpy, Beavis & Butthead, and Groo, and even then, their superhero stuff was so homogenous that I don't even think those off-kilter licensed books made for a lineup as varied overall as what we see today. If you look at this and think "stale", that's about you, not Marvel.

Top Bottom