• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2015. The much-anticipated sequel to October's OT.

Megatron

Finally got around to reading Uncanny Avengers 1. Gotta say, not impressed so far.

1) the art is pretty terrible.
2) deadpool should never be an Avenger.
Spending the issue having the characters bitch about him being on the team isn't meta or clever.
3)The whole part with
Spiderman having a hissy fit and quitting was annoying. Especially since Deadpool didn't actually do anything to provoke that reaction. Having him kill someone would have been a much better source of tension.

Had to email DCBS. They charged me again when they shipped my Bombshell Batwoman this week. They initially charged me for both Catwoman and Batwoman last month, but had to pull Batwoman because of damage. But they left the charge and said they'd just ship her when the new batch came in.

Messi

Had to email DCBS. They charged me again when they shipped my Bombshell Batwoman this week. They initially charged me for both Catwoman and Batwoman last month, but had to pull Batwoman because of damage. But they left the charge and said they'd just ship her when the new batch came in.

This must be where my cash went. The fucking assholes.

PsychBat!

Banned
Finally got around to reading Uncanny Avengers 1. Gotta say, not impressed so far.
3)The whole part with
Spiderman having a hissy fit and quitting was annoying. Especially since Deadpool didn't actually do anything to provoke that reaction. Having him kill someone would have been a much better source of tension.

Number 3 is the best part! It means that I don't have to bother with this book anymore since Spidey leaves.

VanWinkle

Man, that iPad Pro would be amazing for comics. My 8.4 inch tablet always feels a little too small for me, but the screen is amazing so its still pretty easy to read comfortably.

I hope Comixology makes another Windows app, 'cause the only way I'm getting a tablet is a Surface Pro (or Surface 4, depending on stylus performance). Would be too useful, replace all my notetaking and schoolwork apparati at once. No room in the budget for an oversized iPad.

Hagi

Finally back home from thought bubble, it's been such a long day but totally worth it.

Got loads signed and bought Low volume 1 and 2, A-Force #1, Zero volume 1, Wolf #1 (was gutted Kot ran out of volume 1 copies) bought Chrononauts volume 1 because it looks awesome and Sean Murphy da god. Also bought two cool Wytches badges from Matt Hollingsworth.

Got a lot of prints between us both that we have nowhere to put up lol will post some pics later.

Messi

Finally back home from thought bubble, it's been such a long day but totally worth it.

Got loads signed and bought Low volume 1 and 2, Zero volume 1, Wolf #1 (was gutted Kot ran out of volume 1 copies) bought Chrononauts volume 1 because it looks awesome and Sean Murphy da god.

Got a lot of prints between us both that we have nowhere to put up lol will post some pics later.

Loved Chrononauts, can't wait for the next volume next year. Seans art was amazing in it too. Millar did a great job.

Please post pictures of the prints.

Hagi

Loved Chrononauts, can't wait for the next volume next year. Seans art was amazing in it too. Millar did a great job.

Please post pictures of the prints.

I said to him that his art in Tokyo Ghost was awesome and he laughed and said it takes ages because there's so much shit to draw. Looking forward to reading Chrononauts some time this week.

I took some pictures I'll upload them later. My girlfriend bought this cute Harley and Ivy print you might like.

Messi

I said to him that his art in Tokyo Ghost was awesome and he laughed and said it takes ages because there's so much shit to draw. Looking forward to reading Chrononauts some time this week.

I took some pictures I'll upload them later. My girlfriend bought this cute Harley and Ivy print you might like.

I hear Kate Leth was signing books as different creators and characters. like Zdarsky and Noelle Stephenson and characters from Wicked and the divine lol

Oh man, how shitty does MU look on it?

Yar i'm curious.....gketter, to the MU!

Also, i just pretend my ipad air 2 is an ipad pro by holding the screen closer to my face.
So it's not as bad as I feared. The key is keeping it in portrait mode as since the lower fidelity breaks down if you try landscape on non spreads or guided view.

I read Vader 5 and it looked solid. Not as good as CMX which is amazing but good enough for me to get my marvel reading at an affordable price. And get the keepers on CMX sales.

If people are curious I can try to take MU pics.

Hagi

I hear Kate Leth was signing books as different creators and characters. like Zdarsky and Noelle Stephenson and characters from Wicked and the divine lol

I never saw her unfortunately, she was at a table with Kieron Gillen and Mckelvie and we missed them due to my girlfriend fainting lol

Never got to see Noelle Stevenson either and I wanted to pick up Lumberjanes

Pretty sure I saw Rich Jonstone like 10 times though so that's uh something I guess....

Messi

I never saw her unfortunately, she was at a table with Kieron Gillen and Mckelvie and we missed them due to my girlfriend fainting lol

Never got to see Noelle Stevenson either and I wanted to pick up Lumberjanes

Pretty sure I saw Rich Jonstone like 10 times though so that's uh something I guess....

You dodged a bullet with Lumberjanes.

This week is the release of the first hardcover collecting the first two and only released volumes. Collects issues 1-8.

STK688155.jpg

VanWinkle

Wow, Marvel's omnibi have really thin paper considering they're on a premium book. I just had experience with my first one, so I'm surprised. DC's omnibi and even their deluxe editions for the most part have much better paper than it.

Of course, DC can't touch the GOAT Dark Horse, though.

Oh, and I will say that the binding is great, though. Maybe the best of any of my books.

Messi

I wonder how comicgaf would have felt about Doom Patrol from Becky Cloonan and Gerrard Way

11254060_1676877429225860_675811783_n.jpg

beckycloonan : A while ago @gerardway and I had a Doom Patrol pitch in the works at DC, and here's some concept art I did for it! From left to right: Cliff, Negative Man, Terry None, Bryan Ferry This is also not something we are currently working on so don't ask me about when we are starting it.

Hagi

You dodged a bullet with Lumberjanes.

This week is the release of the first hardcover collecting the first two and only released volumes. Collects issues 1-8.

ooh sweet I'll just get this when I get paid thanks

here's a few of the prints we got http://imgur.com/a/sCGSa

I wonder how comicgaf would have felt about Doom Patrol from Becky Cloonan and Gerrard Way

11254060_1676877429225860_675811783_n.jpg

I would have loved this! hopefully they get round to it sometime Becky needs to do more art for books.

This must be where my cash went. The fucking assholes.

That's why I use my credit card for all this shit. There are going to be fuck-ups with charges from time to time, so I'd rather not have the money lifted right out of any of my actual bank accounts.

Way wrote Umbrella Academy and it's commonly compared to Doom Patrol. I think Way would be perfect for it and I like Cloonan's art so it would be rad.

Still waiting for Hotel Oblivion, Gerard.

VanWinkle

drew some potatoes i think yall may like

VERY good. I always liked the physique they gave Grayson Batman in Morrison's stuff, where he's a little...scrawnier (though obviously not small by any means). Just different enough that he doesn't just look like Bruce. You drew it right on point.

Riptwo

I hope Comixology makes another Windows app, 'cause the only way I'm getting a tablet is a Surface Pro (or Surface 4, depending on stylus performance). Would be too useful, replace all my notetaking and schoolwork apparati at once. No room in the budget for an oversized iPad.
You're way more optimistic than I am. I went from checking the Windows app store every day for a comixology update to selling my SP3 right after they announced the app's discontinuation. The dream is dead!

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
My journey through Marvel's Ultimate Universe has finally came to an end. Well, it actually ended over a week ago, but I haven't had a chance to post anything.

I finished up Ultimates and even though it has just been over a week, I am already having difficulty remembering what actually happened. Which seems to be a problem with a lot of the late-Ultimate Universe. Loeb wrote terrible shit, but it scarred my brain so I will never forget it for the rest of my life.

With that we move into the last big event, Cataclysm. Apparently due to the events of Age of Ultron (this is terrible, right?), the 616 Galactus has made his way into the Ultimate verse and decides it's time to chow down on Earth.

On arrival, Galactus apparently takes out New Jersey. All of the heroes decide they need to put aside their differences and come together. Captain America shows up to recruit the Xmen and apparently brought along Black Widow, ignoring that she had been dead for years at this point. Some real attention to detail by the artist and editors.

In the end, they are able to send Galactus to another universe, requiring Thor to sacrifice himself. Captain America also gives his life, crashing a jet into Galactus's face, doing absolutely nothing and giving them what appeared to be no additional time. So pretty much another death just to say they was a death.

Anyway, the Ultimates save the day, but Tony is tired of all of this shit and pretty much challenges the younger heroes to step up. This leads into All New Ultimates, which tonally is a very different thing, since pretty much all of the heroes are street level, or at least are written that way.

I was really hoping to enjoy this, since I like Miles and Cloak and Dagger, but again it was just boring. I imagine it was hamstrung pretty badly with the news that 1610 was done after Secret Wars.

And with that ends the Ultimate Universe, with a complete whimper. It is interesting to see what has survived into the new Universe 8. I was happy to see the Triskelion now exists, even if it isn't the home of SHIELD. Miles and the Maker was well known. I will say I am really surprised they didn't bring over the 1610 Nick Fury, but instead are staying with the incredibly stupid Nick Fury Jr.

VanWinkle

I've never been a very good artist, and I honestly have not drawn in probably 5 years, but my-name-is-ed inspired me with his awesome drawing to do a (much worse, lol) Batman sketch. I could never go past rough-sketch style of drawing, so it looks messy:

rsz_imag0117.jpg

I'm kind of proud of it, though, hehe.

I've never been a very good artist, and I honestly have not drawn in probably 5 years, but my-name-is-ed inspired me with his awesome drawing to do a (much worse, lol) Batman sketch. I could never go past rough-sketch style of drawing, so it looks messy:

rsz_imag0117.jpg

hell thats not shabby at all! whyd you stop drawing?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

rsz_imag0117.jpg

Looks pretty great to me

kmfdmpig

I like it. The cowl and cape/fabric each look like they're made of actual different materials.

rsz_imag0117.jpg

Great stuff. You should be proud.

Owzers

rsz_imag0117.jpg

have you considered drawing things that aren't lewd?

VanWinkle

Looks pretty great to me

I like it. The cowl and cape/fabric each look like they're made of actual different materials.

Great stuff. You should be proud.

Wow! Thanks guys. It's awesome that you thought it was good.

hell thats not shabby at all! whyd you stop drawing?

Thanks man. I guess, while I always loved art (and why I talk about it a lot on here), I have never actually felt passionate about doing my own. It was always just something I did every once in awhile if I was bored or if the electricity was out or whatever. I respect people who do it for a living or as a passion a lot, though. I just haven't loved doing it myself.

have you considered drawing things that aren't lewd?

I only do lewds, sillymonkey. Sorry.

Owzers

Assassin's Creed Syndicate is boring me, i started Fallout 4 today pre-democrat-debate and found two dresses without having to murder anyone. Scavenge, don't kill.

Creed's problem is that its world is not interesting, it's just there, and large. I don't feel the need to "explore" or uncover anything, just a bunch of random people and buildings with generally the same set of missions to take turf. They need to stop Jurassic Parking it and think about how to make the game more interesting.

Comics-wise i've read another two issues of Uncanny Bendis to #29 and one of All New Bendis to #32. Jean Grey to the Ultimate universe so she can ruin other people's lives by reading their mind was okay, but not that interesting. I like what is going on in Uncanny at the moment with the character angles between Magneto and Scott but i do find this whole x-men thing tiring. We have the Inhumans, why do we still need X-men?

read Jupiters Circle today. i want to give it a 7/10 because theres a lot of potential in it and it starts out wonderfully. with the way it ends up going, it just feels incomplete. like the ideas brought forth havent yet given fruit.

quitely seems rushed on a good chunk of this book and a lot of it is pretty straight forward. im not sure millar knows how to get the best out of quitely here.

the coloring is mostly just there. its never bad but i feel it never really helps the artwork. when i think about it, im not sure ive seen colorists outside of fairbairn really elevate quitelys linework.

Thanks man. I guess, while I always loved art (and why I talk about it a lot on here), I have never actually felt passionate about doing my own. It was always just something I did every once in awhile if I was bored or if the electricity was out or whatever. I respect people who do it for a living or as a passion a lot, though. I just haven't loved doing it myself.
thats interesting. i don't think I've heard anyone else feel that way where they love art but don't love creating it if they're capable.

i dont think i started out loving art tbh i mostly did it when i was a kid out of self validation and then later as an outlet for my imagination. i grew to like drawing more when i figured i could be better than anyone else i knew at it. it wasnt until i started loving comics that i started to love, really love, drawing and creating.

sometimes it just feels like creating is the only way i know how to exist.

Been reading more Seven Soldiers and it's just wonderful. I'm more than halfway through the second volume and I love it. Every single series so far has been excellent. I love Mister Miracle so far and the first issue of Frankenstein was crazy good.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Been reading more Seven Soldiers and it's just wonderful. I'm more than halfway through the second volume and I love it. Every single series so far has been excellent. I love Mister Miracle so far and the first issue of Frankenstein was crazy good.
Seven Soldiers is damn underrated, and I'm always happy when more people check it out. All of the stories are great, with Klarion being my favorite. That Frazer Irving Klarion art is dominant.

Catching up on MU reading. Oh man did both punisher and guardians 3000 end their series horribly heading into secret wars. I wasn't liking them much to begin with but good lord those endings sucked.

Messi

DC should get someone to write a Spoiler and Bluebird book and have Lee Garbett on art. His work on Loki Agent of Asgard was wonderful. Heres his Steph.

CT2RYNCW4AAtdXy.jpg

Owzers

Uncanny X-Men's Original Sin story did get a lot better, still reading through it but i'm enjoying it more after the will has been read than the build up to it which probably could have been condensed a bit.

If i get NBA 2k16 i'm going to try to make the experience more realistic by playing as the Rockets and missing every shot.

Top Bottom