• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2015. The much-anticipated sequel to October's OT.

I wonder how comicgaf would have felt about Doom Patrol from Becky Cloonan and Gerrard Way

11254060_1676877429225860_675811783_n.jpg

I just found out Gerard Way was the lead singer of My Chemical Romance. Didn't know he writes comics now. I used to listen to that band in High School.

Zombine

Banned
I just found out Gerard Way was the lead singer of My Chemical Romance. Didn't know he writes comics now. I used to listen to that band in High School.

He's always been an artist and comic nerd who was in a band, and not a singer who was an artist and comic nerd.

my_chemical_romance_i%2527m_not_okay.png

DC should get someone to write a Spoiler and Bluebird book and have Lee Garbett on art. His work on Loki Agent of Asgard was wonderful. Heres his Steph.
He did the art for quite a few issues in the pre-reboot Steph series. It would be nice to see him working on a book with her again.

I'd like to see a team book with Steph and Cass once Eternal ends. Harper can be there too if she has to. Would make for a fun series.

Seven Soldiers is damn underrated, and I'm always happy when more people check it out. All of the stories are great, with Klarion being my favorite. That Frazer Irving Klarion art is dominant.

Yeah Klarion was really great. I love the little details connecting the stories too. Like how you see Mister Miracle stumbling on the sidewalk and you can see Guardian picking up his girlfriend's ring.

Zombine

Banned
I've been back-ish. Moved on for the most part (I won't be on this site in any significant way) and I've read a lot of good books. If I do stop in it'll just be in this thread every now and then. If people can, check out Jason Aaron and Guéra's The Goddamned. It's violent and disgusting and original and wicked entertaining. It's right up there with Preacher.

DC should get someone to write a Spoiler and Bluebird book and have Lee Garbett on art. His work on Loki Agent of Asgard was wonderful. Heres his Steph.

CT2RYNCW4AAtdXy.jpg

I really want a Steph, Harper, Cass team book after B&R Eternal wraps. The detective, the techie, the muscle.

Messi

I've been back-ish. Moved on for the most part (I won't be on this site in any significant way) and I've read a lot of good books. If I do stop in it'll just be in this thread every now and then. If people can, check out Jason Aaron and Guéra's The Goddamned. It's violent and disgusting and original and wicked entertaining. It's right up there with Preacher.

Welcome to the thread, how do you feel about Harley Quinn, Olivia Wilde and surprise lesbian bdsm

I really want a Steph, Harper, Cass team book after B&R Eternal wraps. The detective, the techie, the muscle.

Oh man, I'd love that

Bii

Really, I feel like this issue looked fucking great. All the Mr. Bloom stuff was rad as hell and kinetic, the
Batman Incorporated Gundam Garage
scene was damn cool, and as usual Gordon looked like a badass. And then there's the Duke stuff with all of the birds--very well done.

I'll give you the boring cover, but overall I was super happy flipping through this issue.

Save for the last page of Batman #46, it feels like Capullo isn't putting anything into his backgrounds and environment. Characters feel like they're just floating from page to page and there's even a floating head of Geri for one of the panels. I noticed Secret Wars #7 did this too with Black Panther and I'm not a fan of it. Even in the scenes with Bloom, there's a lack of grittiness and everything feels flat.

I do like the scene you mentioned in your spoiler as well as Duke's part.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Gerard Way is just sitting on great concepts that will never see print:
way-batman1.jpg

Since my case for my ipad pro doesn't arrive until Tuesday I have been using the Kipp official omnibus reading position. And it's working well! Kipp's method is future proof!

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Jesus, why didn't Wimberly draw like that when he did the She-Hulk issue with the fucking garbage sketch lines?
I'm going to assume he just wanted to do something different, with more dynamic shots and really skewed proportions. It gave the She-Hulk issues this rad fluidity. It ain't for everybody, but it certainly ain't garbage.

If you want his more standard style, just check out Prince of Cats.

I'm going to assume he just wanted to do something different, with more dynamic shots and really skewed proportions. It gave the She-Hulk issues this rad fluidity. It ain't for everybody, but it certainly ain't garbage.

If you want his more standard style, just check out Prince of Cats.

How dare you like something I don't like. XD

Nah, I mean. The sketch style is one thing, but it seemed like the lines were too all-over-the-place to be coherent and everyone looked more like fuzzy humanoidish shapes. I do like the style he used for those Blade pictures.

Messi

Really enjoying this new reboot of Amazing Spider-Man but I hate how Anna Maria is drawn :(

What issue of Uncanny did you guys join Team Eva on? Was it the original sin stuff?

She was my fave new member since the start but she really came into her own in the savage land issue and the two annuals (uncanny and all new) focused on her.

Owzers

Really enjoying this new reboot of Amazing Spider-Man but I hate how Anna Maria is drawn :(

She was my fave new member since the start but she really came into her own in the savage land issue and the two annuals (uncanny and all new) focused on her.

i think one of the annuals ended up in my library but not me reading it because MU doesn't insert annuals into the regular order.

Owzers

Eva spoiler thing kinda:
i didn't even know she aged, everyone is drawn so young i forgot about the whole thing since i didn't read the annuals

Messi

Eva spoiler thing kinda:
i didn't even know she aged, everyone is drawn so young i forgot about the whole thing since i didn't read the annuals

She changes from one page to the next in the Savage land issue (actually the page I own is her first older page :) ). It's all explained in the two annuals that actually didn't come out until months after that issue. Read those they are great and kinda sad.

Eva spoiler thing kinda:
Yup. It happened. The Stepford Cuckoos say they know what happened and ask if she wants to talk about it, but she never does. I was a fan of her, but she does some fucky shit by then end of the series though. Then again everyone does something scummy between Uncanny and All-New.

Messi

Yup. It happened. The Stepford Cuckoos say they know what happened and ask if she wants to talk about it, but she never does. I was a fan of her, but she does some fucky shit by then end of the series though. Then again everyone does something scummy between Uncanny and All-New.

Maybe she will talk about it in ANAD.
Because she is totally alive in the background in Dr Stranges book.

Zombine

Banned
Ugh, Spectre was shit.

I don't think it was shit as much as people have been spoiled with this new-era no nonsense grounded and gritty Bond, and what we got was a film that bridged a young and rough around the edges 00 with the suave and goofy Sean Connery era. It had rough spots for sure, but I welcomed back all the insanity with open arms. The train scene was ripped from Russia With Love which is kinda lame, but it was a classic bond movie and I really dug what I saw. 8/10.

Maybe she will talk about it in ANAD.
Because she is totally alive in the background in Dr Stranges book.

Well in UXM #600, she
shows up at the end to tell Beast to fuck-off
. She also
reveals that there are apparently multiple versions of her because off the time traveling

So my guess is that,
when they were in that special Life Seed town that Dark Beast created (because that's when she time-traveled), she did a whole bunch of other shit, and then went back to that time.
But that topic is always a confusing mess.

Like, there are at least three major plot events that happen in Bendis' ANXM/UXM that occur and are poorly addressed during his run.

Eva's
initial time travel that caused her to age.

The
mutant that allows people to cross into different dimensions that caused the ANXM to cross over to the 1610 universe.

The O5's effect on the timestream.

I really enjoyed both books, but ANXM falls apart really hard near the end.

I don't think it was shit as much as people have been spoiled with this new-era no nonsense grounded and gritty Bond, and what we got was a film that bridged a young and rough around the edges 00 with the suave and goofy Sean Connery era. It had rough spots for sure, but I welcomed back all the insanity with open arms. The train scene was ripped from Russia With Love which is kinda lame, but it was a classic bond movie and I really dug what I saw. 8/10.

Not for me. I love the old cheesy Bond movies. Spectre was just so meandering and aimless. They tried to tie everything together to give some depth to the mythos but if fell completely flat. Every character was spread too thin. Hell, even Moonraker had interesting things to it. I think the only positive from the movie is Hinx. Bautista sold that very well.

Zombine

Banned
Not for me. I love the old cheesy Bond movies. Spectre was just so meandering and aimless. They tried to tie everything together to give some depth to the mythos but if fell completely flat. Every character was spread too thin. Hell, even Moonraker had interesting things to it. I think the only positive from the movie is Hinx. Bautista sold that very well.

Hey man if you're feeling down check out VARGR by Ellis. It just dropped last week and he did an awesome job pretending to be Fleming. Art is pretty dope too. Classic Bond and we're only an issue deep.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Oh shit, I just noticed that there are tons of Batman Audiobooks on Apple Music

Edit: Ugh, Jim and Batmans Voiceactor is horrible, deleted.

Zombine

Banned
It's worth braving a library for this:
prince-of-cats.jpg

The method of distribution for this book has been a clusterfuck, and Wimberly's reluctance to work with Comixology to get the book on the site is a real shame. It's keeping Prince of Cats out of the hands of a lot of people. Those colors would really pop on your e-reader.

At least Miami Vice Remix is on there now.

Top Bottom