• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2015. The much-anticipated sequel to October's OT.

Messi

The method of distribution for this book has been a clusterfuck, and Wimberly's reluctance to work with Comixology to get the book on the site is a real shame. It's keeping Prince of Cats out of the hands of a lot of people. Those colors would really pop on your e-reader.

At least Miami Vice Remix is on there now.

Isn't it out of print now?

Zombine

Banned
Isn't it out of print now?

Two times over. Both OOP in HC/Paperback options. Did a Google search and he told a fan he's taking the "Ellis" approach to digital.

...literally all of Ellis' work is on CMX. Dude is being a goofball and is leaving a ton of cash on the table (and by a ton, I mean a moderate amount but still a greater sum than 0).

Messi

Two times over. Both OOP in HC/Paperback options. Did a Google search and he told a fan he's taking the "Ellis" approach to digital.

...literally all of Ellis' work is on CMX.
Dude is being a goofball and is leaving a ton of cash on the table (and by a ton, I mean a moderate amount but still a greater sum than 0).

lS8ROkY.gif

The method of distribution for this book has been a clusterfuck, and Wimberly's reluctance to work with Comixology to get the book on the site is a real shame. It's keeping Prince of Cats out of the hands of a lot of people. Those colors would really pop on your e-reader.

According to Amazon it's available on the Kindle, so I'm assuming it's on the Nook as well.

Messi

Anyone still keeping up with The Beauty? I love this book. The first few pages and last few of the most recent issue were really creepy.

PsychBat!

Banned
I've been back-ish. Moved on for the most part (I won't be on this site in any significant way) and I've read a lot of good books. If I do stop in it'll just be in this thread every now and then. If people can, check out Jason Aaron and Guéra's The Goddamned. It's violent and disgusting and original and wicked entertaining. It's right up there with Preacher.

Let Frankie be their Oracle, guest appearances by Babs and I am in.

In such a hypothetical series, I'd like to see Babs be the "shit's gonna get real" character. After Jason's speech in Eternal (the first one), about her being the best of them, it'd be cool if that translated to some of the lower-tier goodguys in Gotham going "oh fuck, it's Batgirl. We might be out of our depth here."

frye

Have there been any updates on Snotgirl since it was announced back in July? I haven't seen anything about it since then. Is it dead?

they've gotten better at it but a few of those image expo books are announced way before they're anywhere near ready for release so i wouldn't worry too much

they've gotten better at it but a few of those image expo books are announced way before they're anywhere near ready for release so i wouldn't worry too much

Yeah like that Spencer and Lieber book got pushed out a year. Image is way to quick to hype its projects. All it takes is for the artist to make a promo drawing and Image is like look whats coming out this year!!!!

Shaanyboi

Banned
In such a hypothetical series, I'd like to see Babs be the "shit's gonna get real" character. After Jason's speech in Eternal (the first one), about her being the best of them, it'd be cool if that translated to some of the lower-tier goodguys in Gotham going "oh fuck, it's Batgirl. We might be out of our depth here."

Absolutely. Babs coming in is like an end-of-issue "OH FUCK" hype moment.

GOD DAMNIT, I SAID DON'T MAKE ME WANT THIS

frye

Yeah like that Spencer and Lieber book got pushed out a year. Image is way to quick to hype its projects. All it takes is for the artist to make a promo drawing and Image is like look whats coming out this year!!!!

at this point i'll be surprised if that Nick Spencer/Morgan Jeske comic ever comes out

Spencer announced books with Butch Guice, Morgan Jeske, Frazer Irving, AND Lieber that haven't seen the light of day since their announcement lmao

Hagi

It was more about the Birds going "oh crap, if Batgirl is dealing with this we might be out of our depth."

Does she have a notable rogue list that isn't tied to Bruce? I ask this sincerely because my interactions with Babs as Batgril has been limited at best. I really need to read some of the extended Bat casts solo books. I know very little about them outside of what is told to me through Batman.

"Birds?" What Birds? Surely not the Birds of Prey?

NuBirds of Prey.

Does she have a notable rogue list that isn't tied to Bruce? I ask this sincerely because my interactions with Babs as Batgril has been limited at best. I really need to read some of the extended Bat casts solo books. I know very little about them outside of what is told to me through Batman.

Ummm... not afaik. More a thing about building on the idea introduced (afaik) in Batman Eternal that of all the junior Batfamily members (her, the Robins, etc.) she's the best.

Zombine

Banned
Prior to today I have never read it (let alone heard of it to be honest), but I took the leap of faith and bought all of The Maxx and I really love what I've read so far.

Nah, there's no current Birds of Prey. Dude's just spitballing ideas
We are talking a hypothetical reboot
Oh.

So, this is like some kind of Gotham Academy girly hijinks reboot where Steph and Cass are two crazy kids trying to save the day and getting into lots of trouble, and then along comes the Batgirl of Burnside to save their bacon until the next time? Or is Batgirl NOT the Batgirl of Burnside in this scenario, but an actual intimidating vigilante striking paralyzing fear into the hearts of prison-hardened ex-cons and henchmen instead of only roving gangs of hipster baristas?

Messi

Oh.

So, this is like some kind of Gotham Academy girly hijinks reboot where Steph and Cass are two crazy kids trying to save the day and getting into lots of trouble, and then along comes the Batgirl of Burnside to save their bacon until the next time? Or is Batgirl NOT the Batgirl of Burnside in this scenario, but an actual intimidating vigilante striking paralyzing fear into the hearts of prison-hardened ex-cons and henchmen instead of only roving gangs of hipster baristas?

I only really want a Harper and Stef hijinks book.

Messi

Those are probably the only two Gotham characters that won't get a book. Thinking about it, I'm surprised The Joker hasn't gotten an ongoing Post-Flashpoint.

They have them teamed up recently in both Eternal stories. But I agree it's not going to happen.

VanWinkle

Oh.

I would think the book they're describing wouldn't be featuring Batgirl of Burnside, lol.

Top Bottom