• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2015. The much-anticipated sequel to October's OT.

Messi going ham:

8IqgtR5.gif

While tensions are running high after the horrible tragedy last week, I thought I'd share my appreciation of a DC D-lister who I'd absolutely love to see more of, especially now when a positive character like this is kinda needed.

Bilal Asselah a.k.a. Nightrunner

latest

I'd be down, never read anything he was in. Cool look though

my marvel unlimited queue is 291 books right now

just finished morrisons new x-men (really great) and then whedons astonishing (im not crying your crying)

That was good

now on to x-23 and then spider island

Yeah its Paul Dini, this is the original design they were going with for Harley in Batman TAS pre now classic outfit. He didn't draw it. I am fairly sure that was Bruce Timm but the statue is credited to Dini for some reason.

are you sure? I could have sworn I read an interview with timm that Dini showed him that design, he laughed at it and they worked together to get her classic look

Shaanyboi

Banned
SpiderBatman?!?!
lol alot of his poses definitely look Spider-Man esque. But no, he's a Parisian Muslim parkourist, and a member of Batman Inc.

What a fantastic Costume
Agreed!

I'd be down, never read anything he was in. Cool look though

He appears a handful of times in Batman Inc. He originally showed up in a two-parter story, Detective Comics Annual 12 and Batman Annual 28. Sadly neither issue is on Comixology, but I tweeted them about it. Hopefully those stories will go up sometime in the near future.

VanWinkle

I'm trying to remember where I read an origin story for Nightrunner. What there one in any of the New 52 Batman volumes? I feel like that's where I read it, but I don't know. It was very good, though.

Messi

are you sure? I could have sworn I read an interview with timm that Dini showed him that design, he laughed at it and they worked together to get her classic look

Nah I was just assuming, it looks like Timms work to me but it could easily be someone else.

Writer Paul Dini wanted a female character to appear in Batman: The Animated Series as Joker’s assistant. She was only meant to show up in that one episode, so Harley was apparently stubborn even back then. Dini drew a quick sketch to show artist Bruce Timm what he had in mind.

Huh, so it was Dini.

Um, yeah. O_O

Marvel spoiled it with an inteview, Rich just re-posted it on his site, you guys are probably going to end up seeing it, I won't post it here out of respect for others' desire not to be spoiled and I hope that you all do the same, but...

...a major Marvel character is dying soon.

MAJOR. Marvel. Character.

Messi

Um, yeah. O_O

Marvel spoiled it with an inteview, Rich just re-posted it on his site, you guys are probably going to end up seeing it, I won't post it here out of respect for others' desire not to be spoiled and I hope that you all do the same, but...

Fuck Rich for reposting.

Um, yeah. O_O

RIP Frog-Man

Um, yeah. O_O

I can't believe they'd kill off the Terrible Tinkerer like that.

Penguin

Um, yeah. O_O

This only made me wanna track down the article haha

And yeah...

Shaanyboi

Banned
I'm trying to remember where I read an origin story for Nightrunner. What there one in any of the New 52 Batman volumes? I feel like that's where I read it, but I don't know. It was very good, though.

He appears in Batman Incorporated, but the story you're talking about I think were the pre-52 issues I previously mentioned (Det. Comics Annual 12, Batman Annual 28)

tim1138

Squad and Titans are both long overdue for great runs, happy to see some change there. I'm super disappointed that Venditti will still be running Flash and GL into the ground though

Um, yeah. O_O

i went and took a look and yeah for sure its there

The character is obvious but I dont know what the fuck else is actually happening in the scene.

edit: obvious in a "this is the one its happening to in this scene" context not in a "death has been telegraphed for months" context

trying to not spoil :x

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Um, yeah. O_O

Can I have the link?

Um, yeah. O_O

Ah Paste Pot Pete, ye have had a good life...

Shaanyboi

Banned
Um, yeah. O_O

link?

Tizoc

Um, yeah. O_O

Who is it?
Is it Captain America?

Messi

Can someone who has seen the spoiler make an OT thread for it with a non spoiler title so someone else cant create a spoiler title. I dont mind what happens in that thread.

pls.

Top Bottom