• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2015. The much-anticipated sequel to October's OT.

tim1138

latest

All this could have been avoided if Frog-Man had obtained the Weiner King factor. :(

Messi

LIST OF THIS WEEK AINT SO BAD EH?

Batman & Robin #7
Batman Europa #1
Catwoman a celebration of 75 years HC
Clean Room #2
Earth 2 Society #6
Harley Quinn #22
Martian Manhunter #6
Secret Six #8

Jem & the Holograms #9

The Beauty #4
Huck #1
I Hate Fairyland #2
Pretty Deadly #6
Rat Queens #13
Shutter #17
Tokyo Ghost #3

A-Force Vol 00: Warzones
Astonishing Ant Man #2
Captain America Sam Wilson #3
Captain Marvel & The Carol Corps TP
Deadpool #2
Extraordinary X-Men #2
Mighty Thor #1
Ms Marvel #1
New Avengers #3
Secret Wars Too #1
Spider-Woman #1
Star Lord #1
Uncanny Inhumans #2

Lumberjanes to the max edition vol 1
Pen and Ink: Six Gun Gorilla

Well shit, that got longer than I was expecting.

Other than Kamala Khan.

Which is a really weird omission, btw.

I recently re-read the first HC. I dont hate her anymore I just am not a massive fan. I see the appeal.

Zombine

Banned
131.jpg

This is one of my favorite comics of all time, and it's one of the first books I ever read. White Rabbit and Frog-Man are legit.

I think White Rabbit was the first girl I ever liked.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
GET YA LISTS OUT, GET YA LISTS OUT, GET YA LISTS OUT FOR THE LADS!

Action Comics #46
Batman And Robin Eternal #7
Batman Europa #1
Martian Manhunter #6

Astonishing Ant-Man #2
Black Knight #1
Deadpool #2
Extraordinary X-Men #2
Mighty Thor #1
New Avengers #3
Star Wars #12
Star Wars Vader Down #1
Star Lord #1
Uncanny Inhumans #2

Are the Transformer comics decent?

I'm kinda disappointed that Marvel is killing off [ enter character Messi likes here ] ,but it's for the best.
rip chip zdarsky

just read the spoiler eh i dont see someone making a thread about it

which major superhero has marvel not killed off?

hmm in the last 15 years

jean grey
wolverine
spiderman
thor
cap america
prof x
magneto
humam torch

plus everybody leading up to secret wars

Vyer

GET YA LISTS OUT, GET YA LISTS OUT, GET YA LISTS OUT FOR THE LADS!

Action Comics #46
Batman And Robin Eternal #7
Batman Europa #1
Martian Manhunter #6

Astonishing Ant-Man #2
Black Knight #1
Deadpool #2
Extraordinary X-Men #2
Mighty Thor #1
New Avengers #3
Star Wars #12
Star Wars Vader Down #1
Star Lord #1
Uncanny Inhumans #2

Are the Transformer comics decent?

More Than Meets The Eye is great. Like, not 'great for a licensed book', but legit good comics into.

Owzers

The urge to buy that Conner statue and Darwyn Cooke Supergirl figure while dreading paint. Hmmmm this must be how Harden feels when he gets to the playoffs every year knowing he's going to lose.

tim1138

Gotham Academy is
still not canceled.

The "Coming of the Supermen" thing sounds like it might be interesting. Is the writer/artist any good?

EDIT: Oh my god, that Flash solicit sounds dumb as FUCK. VENDITTIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Neal Adams? Nah he's just some indie nobody :p

Gotham Academy is
still not canceled.

The "Coming of the Supermen" thing sounds like it might be interesting. Is the writer/artist any good?

EDIT: Oh my god, that Flash solicit sounds dumb as FUCK. VENDITTIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Neal Adams is the creator of the masterpiece that is Batman Odyssey

Jokes aside, I am surprised you aren't familiar with him. His Batman design is iconic.

VanWinkle

He appears in Batman Incorporated, but the story you're talking about I think were the pre-52 issues I previously mentioned (Det. Comics Annual 12, Batman Annual 28)

I looked through all of the Batman volumes to see where I read it, because I KNEW it was in one of the Batman collected editions I have. Turned out to be in Gates of Gotham, which I wasn't expecting since it didn't seem to have anything to do with the rest of the book. It was the same creators, though, so that's probably why (Kyle Higgans and Trevor McCarthy).

Vibranium

Banned
Um, yeah. O_O

Marvel spoiled it with an inteview, Rich just re-posted it on his site, you guys are probably going to end up seeing it, I won't post it here out of respect for others' desire not to be spoiled and I hope that you all do the same, but...

...a major Marvel character is dying soon.

MAJOR. Marvel. Character.

Well, it kind of sucks but we all know that the character will return eventually. Maybe Richard Rider can take the empty spot...:(

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
What happened to Johns and Reis taking over Aquaman? Is the creative team here just for the transition?
They're not taking over Aquaman, isn't it just that they're doing a Justice League arc about all that Aquaman mythology? Kinda like Throne of Atlantis, but entirely over in JL.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I looked through all of the Batman volumes to see where I read it, because I KNEW it was in one of the Batman collected editions I have. Turned out to be in Gates of Gotham, which I wasn't expecting since it didn't seem to have anything to do with the rest of the book. It was the same creators, though, so that's probably why (Kyle Higgans and Trevor McCarthy).
Didn't know that! I'd only read Gates of Gotham in single issue form, not as a collection. That's awesome!

They're not taking over Aquaman, isn't it just that they're doing a Justice League arc about all that Aquaman mythology? Kinda like Throne of Atlantis, but entirely over in JL.
Didn't seem like it. Seemed like he was making a proper return to the book.

Who still plans on getting Battlefront tmw? This is comics related.

I'm getting it some time this week. A friend is picking me up a copy.

Sandfox

Um, yeah. O_O

Marvel spoiled it with an inteview, Rich just re-posted it on his site, you guys are probably going to end up seeing it, I won't post it here out of respect for others' desire not to be spoiled and I hope that you all do the same, but...

...a major Marvel character is dying soon.

MAJOR. Marvel. Character.

I was kinda hoping he would end up joining the Squadron as their Aquaman.

LIST

Clean Room #2

Rat Queens #13

Extraordinary X-men #2
Mighty Thor #1

Rachel Rising #37
Six Gun Gorilla Pen and Ink

Awesome week with Rachel Rising (on which I'm about 5 issues behind) and the super exciting return of Clean Room! You guys gotta read this. It has great pacing and art. Seems to be dealing with themes surrounding the danger of cults. Really happy to see Boom displaying continued recognition for Six Gun Gorilla. This Pen and Ink feature is a dream.

Dennis Hopeless is the one doing this new, preggers Spider-Woman. Might turn out well, after all.

tim1138

I haven't posted a list in ages...

Astro City #29
Dr Fate #6
I Hate Fairyland #2
Martian Manhunter #6
Pretty Deadly #6
Secret Wars Too #1

Is Greg Pak taking over Teen Titans or just filling in? If he's taking over I'll check that out. He's off Batman/Superman though? :(

And Seeley on Suicide Squad?

Not a bad month for DC.

edit: Why is there a $5000 Batman statue? Good lord.

How is Pretty Deadly? I thought the first arc was interesting but weird.
I like the first arc, but that was what, a year or more ago? Hell of a gap in between. Might have to re-read that.

Messi

LIST

Clean Room #2

Rat Queens #13

Extraordinary X-men #2
Mighty Thor #1

Rachel Rising #37
Six Gun Gorilla Pen and Ink

Awesome week with Rachel Rising (on which I'm about 5 issues behind) and the super exciting return of Clean Room! You guys gotta read this. It has great pacing and art. Seems to be dealing with themes surrounding the danger of cults. Really happy to see Boom displaying continued recognition for Six Gun Gorilla. This Pen and Ink feature is a dream.

Dennis Hopeless is the one doing this new, preggers Spider-Woman. Might turn out well, after all.

Hopeless was the one on the last run and I thought that was pretty damn great. Nice to see a hero who doesnt have to turn evil to get sales.

Zombine

Banned
Zambone list

Marvel

Everything

DC

Batman Europa #1

FUCKIN HUCK #1
Fuck Fairyland #2
Invincible #125
Pretty Deadly #6
Tokyo Ghost #3

Hopeless was the one on the last run and I thought that was pretty damn great. Nice to see a hero who doesnt have to turn evil to get sales.

I might have to give this a go.

Female-led cape books are a thing these days.

Might Thor
Ms Marvel
Spider-Woman
Spider-Gwen
Silk
Angela
Catwoman
Harley
Starfire
Wonder Woman
Batgirl

Lots of powerful female heroes on team cape books, too.
I wouldn't even say that non-big 2 titles have a better ratio of female-led series.

Top Bottom