• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2015. The much-anticipated sequel to October's OT.

MG310

tumblr_nxz5zbz9WU1r3j9f2o1_1280.jpg

Wada watercolors over Quinones pencils.

Read some comics today.

Finished the Batgirl Vol 1 trade. I enjoyed it a lot more than I was expecting. The villain was a bit lame but I love the art. Pretty fun read overall. I'm definitely up for reading more of this run.

Dr Strange #2 was excellent. I've really enjoyed the first two issues. Aaron's doing some good stuff at the moment.

Astonishing Ant-Man was decent, (Thanks again sillymonkey) but I don't think it was as enjoyable as the start of the pre-ANAD run. Still, got a few laughs out of it and I couldn't help but feel bad for Scott, having to listen to Cassie call him a shit dad.

Messi

StevenASmithface.jpg

Aja is the second coming of Mazzuchelli the God.

her pencils are nice and all but let me know when she puts out one groundbreaking page design much less dozens.

lS8ROkY.gif

Why does she have to be groundbreaking? Can't we just be happy she puts out great work on a monthly basis?

MG310

Finch Wonder Woman Art of War statue is 33 and change on Amazon..so I figured why not? Hopefully some of the others end up dipping down to that range.

I haven't done a list for a while. Time to scratch the itch.

Astonishing Ant-Man #2
Captain America Sam Wilson #3
Ms Marvel #1
Star Wars #12
Vader Down #1

My list.

ACTION COMICS #46 $3.99
BATMAN AND ROBIN ETERNAL #7 $2.99
BATMAN EUROPA #1 $4.99
HARLEY QUINN #22 $3.99
NEW SUICIDE SQUAD #14 $2.99
BEAUTY #4 CVR A HAUN (MR) $3.50
TOKYO GHOST #3 $3.99
WAYWARD #11 (MR) $3.50
STAR WARS #12 $3.99
STAR WARS VADER DOWN #1 VDWN $4.99

Read some comics today.

Finished the Batgirl Vol 1 trade. I enjoyed it a lot more than I was expecting. The villain was a bit lame but I love the art. Pretty fun read overall. I'm definitely up for reading more of this run.

Dr Strange #2 was excellent. I've really enjoyed the first two issues. Aaron's doing some good stuff at the moment.

Astonishing Ant-Man was decent, (Thanks again sillymonkey) but I don't think it was as enjoyable as the start of the pre-ANAD run. Still, got a few laughs out of it and I couldn't help but feel bad for Scott, having to listen to Cassie call him a shit dad.
Happy to hear Strange is good, dunno if I I'm going to grab it though.

lS8ROkY.gif

Why does she have to be groundbreaking? Can't we just be happy she puts out great work on a monthly basis?
my contention is simply with the statement that she produces better work than Aja.

ive complimented her artwork several times in this thread. her work is pretty nice.

Secret Wars #7 was good. I love what Hickman's done with Namor and T'Challa. Their rivalry was my favourite part of his New Avengers run. It does feel as though the delays have taken the wind out of SW though. I expect it'll read better in trade.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Secret Wars #7 was good. I love what Hickman's done with Namor and T'Challa. Their rivalry was my favourite part of his New Avengers run. It does feel as though the delays have taken the wind out of SW though. I expect it'll read better in trade.

Delays have definitely hurt it.

What is Hickman writing after Secret Wars? I've forgotten.

Shame
Namor is due to
die since Hickman writes him so well

Are you trying to end the comics industry?

70% of my time is spent on Uni work at the moment. I've spent about 2% on comics over the past fortnight. I must change my ways.

We all know you're single-handedly saving the industry anyway.

Delays have definitely hurt it.

What is Hickman writing after Secret Wars? I've forgotten.

Shame
Namor is due to
die since Hickman writes him so well

Nothing for Marvel. I assume he's still doing East of West.

frye

tbh if Frank the Tank is actually doing (as in ACTUALLY writing + drawing) a DK4 then I'm down for that

even late period, lookin like he's on death's door, super racist miller is inherently more interesting than a fuckin 8 issue """"event"""" brian azzarello batman comic drawn by a kubert not named joe

because seriously who gives a FUCK about that shit

It's subjective though. Some people just don't like Aja. And that is OK.

saying you like one thing more than another is also OK

VanWinkle

Check out this adorable little Paul Pope hardcover I bought used on Amazon. Presented on top of an oversized hardcover for comparison.

rsz_1imag0133.jpg

Yup
Anyway what is essential Millar reading?

Hmmm

Ultimates 1 and 2 is peak Millar. Skip anything he ever did titled Ultimate Comics anything

Superman Red Son

The Authority

Chosen: American Jesus is great

Havent read it but some people swear by Starlight

His Fantastic Four run is with Bryan Hitch so if youre a Hitch fan its worth checking it out even if the title is a little so and so.

Superior with Yu is pretty good

Most Millar titles have top notch art and are at the least entertaining.

If you're a fan of Sean Murphy, you want to check out Chrononauts. David Gibbons was the artist on Watchmen and he worked with Millar on Secret Service. Yu also worked with Millar on Supercrooks. Duncan Fegredo did work with Millar on MPH. Quitely did Jupiter's Legacy.

Millar basically gets all the artists he wants.

Zombine

Banned
Yup
Anyway what is essential Millar reading?

Essential Millar:

Superman: Red Son
Superior
Nemesis (Probaby my favorite Millar book)
Starlight
Jupiter's Circle
The Secret Service

Gorgeous Millar:

Supercrooks
Chrononauts

Perfect Millar:

Everything

I like to think that the baby would have grown up to be the biggest super villains of the Ultimate universe. Thank you for doing us a solid Red Skull.

VanWinkle

Gotham Central Vol. 1 was fantastic. Wow. Great great writing.

I'm trying to decide whether to go straight to volume two or read something else first.

Do you guys ever have things that you want to read but you also don't want to because then you know you'll be done with it and can't look forward to it anymore? I'm kind of that way with Solo Deluxe Edition and Multiversity right now.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Essential Millar:

Superman: Red Son
Superior
Nemesis (Probaby my favorite Millar book)
Starlight
Jupiter's Circle
The Secret Service

Gorgeous Millar:

Supercrooks
Chrononauts

Perfect Millar:

Everything

I like to think that the baby would have grown up to be the biggest super villains of the Ultimate universe. Thank you for doing us a solid Red Skull.

the universe was on borrowed time. he just played his supreme edge card

Messi

I'm trying to decide whether to go straight to volume two or read something else first.

Do you guys ever have things that you want to read but you also don't want to because then you know you'll be done with it and can't look forward to it anymore? I'm kind of that way with Solo Deluxe Edition and Multiversity right now.

Strangers in Paradise. I never finished it. I don't want to finish it. There always needs to be more Katchoo :(

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

Yep I feel this way with most books I read. That's why I always try to keep a rotation of 3 or 4 titles at a time as opposed to reading stuff straight through.

Luigi87

Got a month of Marvel Unlimited (that I bought like last December for a dollar), so been reading some Spider-Woman.
... I used to really dislike her new costume, but actually reading pages with her in it, it's growing on me. I like the form and function of her jacket.

One of my all time faves. I couldn't put it down, right up until the end. I recommend you keep reading. The last arc is the greatest thing ever.

Top Bottom