• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2015. The much-anticipated sequel to October's OT.

Check out this adorable little Paul Pope hardcover I bought used on Amazon. Presented on top of an oversized hardcover for comparison.
Battling Boy is great. Pope's the man.
Got a month of Marvel Unlimited (that I bought like last December for a dollar), so been reading some Spider-Woman.
... I used to really dislike her new costume, but actually reading pages with her in it, it's growing on me. I like the form and function of her jacket.

It's not my favorite costume but I think it's much better than her old one. That was honestly one of my least favorite costumes at Marvel.

Messi

Oh no Ghuus. If BKV hurts you :(

3K4io8G

Also this cover is giving me LIFE

VanWinkle

One of my all time faves. I couldn't put it down, right up until the end. I recommend you keep reading. The last arc is the greatest thing ever.

I ended up deciding on Secret Six Volume 1 by Gail Simone. I will read Gotham Central Volume 2 after that. I agree with you that it's amazing, though, from what I've read so far. I only have the first two volumes right now, but I will obviously be buying the last two soon.

I'm glad to hear it's great! Pope has such an interesting style to his art. Very raw.

I ended up deciding on Secret Six Volume 1 by Gail Simone.
Fantastic. Villains United is great, but Money for Murder is where the run really stands out though. That's when Bane joins up, and that book is the best thing that's ever been done with Bane, save for his introductory arc with Knightfall.

Has anybody heard anything about a Teen Titans Earth One volume 2? Really liked the first one, but no word anywhere that I could see about a second.

Has anybody heard anything about a Teen Titans Earth One volume 2? Really liked the first one, but no word anywhere that I could see about a second.

Not yet. I really liked the first one, especially the new takes on Raven and Starfire.

Right now I'm looking forward to finally getting Wonder Woman Earth One.

Not yet. I really liked the first one, especially the new takes on Raven and Starfire.

Right now I'm looking forward to finally getting Wonder Woman Earth One.

Yeah, Raven and Starfire were both... I hesitate to say "great," because they were only kinda sorta in it, but really intriguing.

I also really liked the art. All of the Earth One stuff I've read has been pretty great, honestly.

WB trying out an All-New All-Different DC without actually committing.

lol, I guess.

I suppose what makes it work as well as it does is the single creative team with a lack of an overall status quo. Just go nuts, y'know? Don't have to worry about making the book work with a dozen other books.

Finished Megahex. Very entertaining read and yeah, I get what you mean frye when you said it's kind of sad. The parts where Megg was dealing with depression were definitely sad. I'm surprised by how much I enjoyed it.

Not something I would recommend to everyone due to some of the material present, but it's legit. If you can deal with media that involve drugs and very raunchy humor, it's great.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Another month of Image solicitations, another month without a single Jonathan Hickman book. *sigh*

VanWinkle

Oh man, Secret Six is AWESOME. And something strange I noticed with the trade paperback. Don't know if its a fluke or not. The glue is used VERY close to the beginnings of the pages, and not any further, so there is basically zero gutter loss. Haven't seen anything like it in a trade before. Usually the glue is like a good half a centimeter up the page. This is probably one or two millimeters.

Luigi87

It's not my favorite costume but I think it's much better than her old one. That was honestly one of my least favorite costumes at Marvel.

Yeah I didn't think her old costume was anything special, I just initially thought her new one was too simplified.

I think the thing that bothered me most about her current one is the yellow shades she wears in place of a mask.

THIS.

Currently on issue 7 of More than meets the eye.

Other than not knowing who anyone is yet, I'm enjoying it.
I read The Last Stand of the Wreckers first, but it was also incredibly dope.
Oh man, Secret Six is AWESOME. And something strange I noticed with the trade paperback. Don't know if its a fluke or not. The glue is used VERY close to the beginnings of the pages, and not any further, so there is basically zero gutter loss. Haven't seen anything like it in a trade before. Usually the glue is like a good half a centimeter up the page. This is probably one or two millimeters.
It's super great
Joe Mad's pencils for his JLA Harley Little Black Book variant.

I think it is really awesome.
My boy

VanWinkle

It's super great

Can you explain the run to me a little? On Amazon, volume one seems to collect Villains United 1-6 and Secret Six 1-6, and then volume two collects Secret Six 1-14??

Also confused at Amazon saying that the upcoming volume 4 seems to collect about half the issues (#22-28) that the other volumes do, but at the same list price as the others.

This isn't comic related but I just wanted to post to say that I finally finished my four year double bachelor. I had my final exam on Monday and a job interview yesterday. It feels good to know I'll have my graduation ceremony in a few months and I can now read comics and post in this thread without feeling guilty about pending assignment due dates.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
This isn't comic related but I just wanted to post to say that I finally finished my four year double bachelor. I had my final exam on Monday and a job interview yesterday. It feels good to know I'll have my graduation ceremony in a few months and I can now read comics and post in this thread without feeling guilty about pending assignment due dates.

Congratulations :D

Tizoc

My body is ready for mtmte current story's finale
http://i.imgur.com/ARE872z.jpg
THE ROD POD LIVES

THIS.

Currently on issue 7 of More than meets the eye.

Other than not knowing who anyone is yet, I'm enjoying it.

yOU MORe or less know them by now thanks to how they're written ;)

I have a bunch of Transformers books I havent read from Humble Bundle. Ill probably read Hickman's Transformers before I get to the ones I already have.

ed, do you like Mike Mignola's writing/writing style? Do you enjoy how he puts focus on characters and characterization?
The Transformers comics Humble Bundle would feature stories just like that.
Just remind me what titles were in it so I can tell you how to start, Hickman's book might not even be connected to the main book many are reading atm.

Congrats! That's awesome.

I decided to return to Love and Rockets tonight. Still early on but it's great. I love the art in this series.

Nothing for Marvel. I assume he's still doing East of West.

Actually, Hickman recently tweeted about making fun of Nick Spencer at the Marvel Retreat. He may not be writing a monthly in the near future, but he's still involved in shaping the Marvel Universe. Or maybe Alonso is pretty chill about Hickman hanging out like an old basketball star that keeps hanging around his high school.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
With all the shit going in Paris, Comics have been a good way of thinking about something else. Though re-reading V For Vendetta got me a bit pissed >_>

Ladykiller vol 1 was interesting, there's promise in that book but I'd say it need something more in the second arc. Can't really say what, but heh.

I'm feeling like re-reading All Star Supes, that'll put me in good mood.

What book is everyone anticipating the most tomorrow?

More like they've finally found their Ultimate universe competitor.

Uh, not really? N52 was their ultimate universe competitor and it ate it alive.

Earth One doesn't have the interconnected aspects, afaik. It's just "tell a really good Batman/Titans/Superman/Wonderwoman" story without any of the various baggage from the rest of the 'verse. So no Superman in Batman Earth One, no Batman in Superman Earth One, etc.

Vader Down was fantastic! Such an utter badass. It's fun seeing this character with just a touch of personality of his former self represented from the prequels and Clone Wars.

Top Bottom