• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2015. The much-anticipated sequel to October's OT.

Do you guys ever have things that you want to read but you also don't want to because then you know you'll be done with it and can't look forward to it anymore? I'm kind of that way with Solo Deluxe Edition and Multiversity right now.

I know this feeling all too well. Astro City is one of my favourite series and I have been sitting on the latest run for far too long. I just keep re-reading the old issues.

I decided to return to Love and Rockets tonight. Still early on but it's great. I love the art in this series.

Such an amazing series. I recently started it as well. Are you reading the Locas stories or the Palomar ones?

I saw those lovely hardcovers on KorruptData's shelves and ordered those to go with the paperbacks.

This isn't comic related but I just wanted to post to say that I finally finished my four year double bachelor. I had my final exam on Monday and a job interview yesterday. It feels good to know I'll have my graduation ceremony in a few months and I can now read comics and post in this thread without feeling guilty about pending assignment due dates.

Congratulations! Now just be prepared for these dreams.

2EMqoJ5.png

I had a dream I missed an assignment deadline before even starting my final year of Uni in September and I'd been doing a work placement for a year!

Ohh that's awful. I've had to ask for an extension too many times this semester. I was completely burnt out. Such a horrible feeling.

Has anyone read Black Knight or ANAD Ms. Marvel yet? Thoughts?

ElNarez

Banned
I don't know if many of us are actually reading it. I am waiting for the trade.

Formally, it's a lot of what people who aren't me hate about Gillen-McKelvie comics. By which I mean
the exact same panel gets re-used about ten times.

Anyways, Marvel are goddamn maniacs and they did it, they blew it up, the damn dirty apes, they blew up the X-Men and destroyed them.

Formally, it's a lot of what people who aren't me hate about Gillen-McKelvie comics. By which I mean
the exact same panel gets re-used about ten times.

Anyways, Marvel are goddamn maniacs and they did it, they blew it up, the damn dirty apes, they blew up the
X-Men
and
destroyed
them.

Which book can I find this in?

ed, do you like Mike Mignola's writing/writing style? Do you enjoy how he puts focus on characters and characterization?
The Transformers comics Humble Bundle would feature stories just like that.
Just remind me what titles were in it so I can tell you how to start, Hickman's book might not even be connected to the main book many are reading atm.

it looks like its MTMTE vols 1-6 so pretty straightforward reading when I get to it. I tend to forget about digital comics I have. I basically picked them up because of all the praise it got around here. My knowledge of TF is pretty sparse but I dont imagine itll be an issue.

Poodlestrike's comic update woooo

So far, read Bizarro #6, Telos #2, and Doctor Fate #6. Of the three, Bizarro is the only one I'd call legit good. Touching and funny. Y'all should really pick up the collection. Telos is readable, but a bit of a step down from issue 1 because of the irritating Rocket Raccoon expy. Who knows, maybe the rabbit'll grow on me, but so far he/she/it's just annoying. Doctor Fate continues to have moments of brilliance that keep me tuning in, but is SO FUCKING SLOW. There's really no excuse for an origin arc that lasts longer than 6 issues, there's really not, especially one with as weak a villain as this. Anubis isn't even supposed to be a bad guy, dammit! I'll admit it, I'm mostly just keeping on going with this because of base stubbornness. I'm finishing this arc, and unless there's a new creative team or a notable uptick in quality, I'm done.

And for god's sake, Khalid, tell your folks about the helmet. Family secret identity drama is the absolute worst.

Poodlestrike's comic update woooo

So far, read Bizarro #6, Telos #2, and Doctor Fate #6. Of the three, Bizarro is the only one I'd call legit good. Touching and funny. Y'all should really pick up the collection. Telos is readable, but a bit of a step down from issue 1 because of the irritating Rocket Raccoon expy. Who knows, maybe the rabbit'll grow on me, but so far he/she/it's just annoying. Doctor Fate continues to have moments of brilliance that keep me tuning in, but is SO FUCKING SLOW. There's really no excuse for an origin arc that lasts longer than 6 issues, there's really not, especially one with as weak a villain as this. Anubis isn't even supposed to be a bad guy, dammit! I'll admit it, I'm mostly just keeping on going with this because of base stubbornness. I'm finishing this arc, and unless there's a new creative team or a notable uptick in quality, I'm done.

And for god's sake, Khalid, tell your folks about the helmet. Family secret identity drama is the absolute worst.

This so much! It's why I love the Arrow-verse so much. Everyone basically knows who the Green Arrow and the Flash are.

ElNarez

Banned

okay, it wasn't in this thread, so, from what I understand, as of Extraordinary X-Men #2
Cyclops is either dead or left for dead, but I'm assuming actually legit 100% dead because that's the kind of guy I am, also this is padding to make it not too obvious, I hope it's not too obvious, is it too obvious? Nah. It's fine.
And why the fuck would you do that.

Such an amazing series. I recently started it as well. Are you reading the Locas stories or the Palomar ones?

I saw those lovely hardcovers on KorruptData's shelves and ordered those to go with the paperbacks.

I got the first five volumes, which are all Locas stuff I believe. I thought the Mechanic plot with Maggie in the forest, while good, kinda dragged a bit. Just passed that point.

Also, Comixology's New Releases page seems kinda weird today. They put up the wrong Uncanny Avengers Annual for their Featured items and I don't see any Dark Horse books. Hope it's a mistake.

This so much! It's why I love the Arrow-verse so much. Everyone basically knows who the Green Arrow and the Flash are.

Big part of why I'm such a Jaime Reyes stan is how it was handled in his original solo series. Sogood.gif

Can't blame you there. Astro City is great.

Oh awesome! I'm definitely getting this when it comes out in hardcover or trade format.

I look forward to reading your impressions in 2025

Uh, so
Planet X was real?
It was created
by the Apocalypse Twins during Uncanny Avengers.
Can you explain the run to me a little? On Amazon, volume one seems to collect Villains United 1-6 and Secret Six 1-6, and then volume two collects Secret Six 1-14??

Also confused at Amazon saying that the upcoming volume 4 seems to collect about half the issues (#22-28) that the other volumes do, but at the same list price as the others.
There were smaller trades before the bigger ones. Basically DC is recollecting Simone's run into 4 bigger volumes, but there were smaller trades previously. The first big collection was put out in February of 2014, the second one was put out May of 2015, and the third got released October of 2015.

Villains United, Money for Murder, and Cat's Cradle are the names of the big collections so far. No info on the fourth.

Owzers

Stop being mean :(

All i ask for is one statue that doesn't bug me imperfection-wise and DC and I will be friends again. Batwoman doesn't arrive until the first week of December.

I also think Trump avatars have a negative effect on me but can't prove it yet...

Martian Manhunter too stronk. Easily takes book of the week for me. Pretty plot, heavy, so I won't talk story, but it's very well written and has one hell of an ending. Also, Mister Biscuits is the GOAT.

Batman Europa was promising, and has very nice art. I look forward to reading issue 2 in 2017.

Batman & Robin Eternal continues to be solid as hell. Jason stepping up as the emotional center of the team is something I approve of, in a weird way. Mother's beginning to stretch the bounds of belief in terms of how many steps ahead of everybody she is, but we're still in relatively safe territory. It's also doing a very, very good job of making me want a Cass/Harper/Steph book. DC, pls.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
okay, it wasn't in this thread, so, from what I understand, as of Extraordinary X-Men #2
Cyclops is either dead or left for dead, but I'm assuming actually legit 100% dead because that's the kind of guy I am, also this is padding to make it not too obvious, I hope it's not too obvious, is it too obvious? Nah. It's fine.
And why the fuck would you do that.
Because to tell a story :D
Sorry, I dont see why this means they are dead, especially since Scott is now the Pheonix, he will return.

At least I can serve Crows to GrandHarrier because of the Planet X stuff ;)

Boogiepop

Man, I do indeed keep getting those despite having been out of school for a good solid while. It's always like "oh crap, I forgot I had this class and I haven't came in like months and have maybe never been to it, I'm soooo screwed."

Also, comics. Read through Witchfinder and it was more solid Mignolaverse. Particularly enjoyed volume 3 with all the eel stuff.

And Squirrel Girl vol. #1. I enjoyed that one too, but the little bonus text at the bottom threw off the pacing for me a little. Like, there were some solid enough little gags in there and I honestly could've just ignored them so it's not like it's a "bad" thing, but like I said the pacing felt a little off because my OCD had me needing to read each one as I went. Maybe I'll force myself to ignore them in rereads, I don't know. Also, holy crap the original Squirrel Girl look is horrifying! (IE the one in the included first issue to star her, for the sake of clarity)

Tizoc

it looks like its MTMTE vols 1-6 so pretty straightforward reading when I get to it. I tend to forget about digital comics I have. I basically picked them up because of all the praise it got around here. My knowledge of TF is pretty sparse but I dont imagine itll be an issue.

Yup, even I didn't know 75% of the main cast when I started reading it and they became some of the best characters I've read in comics.

I should point out thought that there is 1 book that is missing from the ones you have:
Transformers: Dark Prelude
It's a collection of one shots but it has 2 stories that take place during Vol. 1-3. Just read it after Vol. 3 and you're fine.
You should be able to find it pretty cheap too.

VanWinkle

It was created
by the Apocalypse Twins during Uncanny Avengers.

There were smaller trades before the bigger ones. Basically DC is recollecting Simone's run into 4 bigger volumes, but there were smaller trades previously. The first big collection was put out in February of 2014, the second one was put out May of 2015, and the third got released October of 2015.

Villains United, Money for Murder, and Cat's Cradle are the names of the big collections so far. No info on the fourth.

I guess I'm wondering why Villains United collects Secret Six 1-6 (among other things) while Money For Murder collects Secret Six 1-14. Is Secret Six 1-6 in Villains United from a different run/series than Secret Six 1-14 in Money For Murder?

Sometimes, but then you have the wedding issue of Batgirl last month and her style was absolutely perfect for that. Shit made me weepy. Her art was so beautiful.

I'm very 50/50 with her art. I like it sometimes and then she goes into cuteness overload that reminds me of Shojo art and it just turns me off.

Messi

There is a mouse in this room with me. I had a good run. I always knew this is how it would end. It was great being friends with you guys. Pls remember me in thread titles to come. The mouse will be taking over my gaf account.

Top Bottom