• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2015. The much-anticipated sequel to October's OT.

Also just read this:
0bn1Sfr.jpg

Absolutely adored it. It's a relatively short graphic novel about a guy named Noel who gives up his life of crime to try and settle down with a girl in upstate New York. The artwork is amazing and the dialogue and characters are incredibly charming. This comic is just fun to read through and I highly recommended to everyone! One of the best comics I've read this year and I've read quite a few books this year. Pick it up if you want a nice standalone story, you won't be disappointed.

Only downside is that it's out of print and it's not available digitally. I was able to get a cheap used copy off of Amazon however. Very worth it.

what a comic everyone should read it :wow:

Gonna try again with my question about We3. Why did the dog and cat
survive the sickness? It's clearly stated that they can't survive more than a day without their medicine. It is suppose to be assumed that removing their armour lead them to recover?

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
A JC kipp posting combo. What madness

Oh goodness. Am I that rare of a sight now?
That's depressing :(

I had no intention of abandoning y'all. My desire to do things has been gone recently, and that includes reading comics. I'll be back to reading comics soon enough though and then I'll be posting more often.

Since JC is sorta hanging around, I wanted him to know I picked up Stray Bullets based on him talking about it when he was still around.

I miss you. <3

Gonna try again with my question about We3. Why did the dog and cat
survive the sickness? It's clearly stated that they can't survive more than a day without their medicine. It is suppose to be assumed that removing their armour lead them to recover?

With the clean removal of the attachments and that line on the last page, I just assumed Trendle was involved in their rehabilitation.

Was looking through IST and You Are Here is available on there, so I guess that's an option too. It's fantastic.

Also about halfway through Alias. I'm enjoying it but I think so far it's just solid. Certainly not on the same level as Bendis's run on Daredevil which I thought was great. Glad I got it on sale instead of getting the omni like I was considering a while back.

Finished Batman Eternal Vol. 1. I liked it, though I really didn't like some of the art. The constant art switching ruined my enjoyment a little bit, but I otherwise rather enjoyed it.

Eh, the only weird thing in that series is the stuff with Batwing and Specter in Arkham. The rest is pretty straight-forward.
Yeah, for the most part. The Killer Croc story had some weird stuff too.

Nice. Good to have you back JC.

With the CMX DH sale I'm debating getting kabuki all in single format. It's tempting but part of me wants it in the trade format even though I can't explain why

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
wow what a lazy excuse of a human!

Right? Two years in a row dude's been like "oh I'll do that this weekend guys, just lemme look at some stuff first..."

What a disgrace

Ah, fuckballs, I'm really gonna do it. Seriously gonna list the shit out of some vital books soon.

I was reading Dark Knight Returns book 3 on the train super late last night, and I think I'm throwing that onto the list. It's just a fucking magnificent book, and the "Good Soldier. Good Soldier." moment brings the whole book together for me.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Right? Two years in a row dude's been like "oh I'll do that this weekend guys, just lemme look at some stuff first..."

What a disgrace

Don't worry, he'll write up his list right after he posts the photo of me and him at the Mountain Goats concert.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Don't worry, he'll write up his list right after he posts the photo of me and him at the Mountain Goats concert.

Ah fuckballs (again). I have the phone, Kipp! It is fucked, but I just need the patience to charge it, get it to work, and quickly take those photos off it.

Filthy Slug

I have physically met Kipp and I still don't think he's real. I'm going to look at the pics from the concert and it's just going to be me creepily smiling, pinching a nonexistent ass.

Wait, Messi quits for real?

He did. We talk pretty often because of our hours lining up (being night shift and all) and he has expressed how he has felt that the spirit of ComicGAF has been slowly eroding. The lack of comic talk, the condemnation of GIFs, really seemed to be getting to him. Last we talked he said that he was going to frequent the comic vine forums instead.

Zombine

Banned
He did. We talk pretty often because of our hours lining up (being night shift and all) and he has expressed how he has felt that the spirit of ComicGAF has been slowly eroding. The lack of comic talk, the condemnation of GIFs, really seemed to be getting to him. Last we talked he said that he was going to frequent the comic vine forums instead.

Finally, our great ComicGAF Nightmare is over.

mission_accomplish_1112950c.jpg

Caught up on Midnighter. It's good. And that final page or two...even though I knew it was coming it was still a great moment.

Onto Vision...then Seven Soldiers. And the rest.

Caught up on Midnighter. It's good. And that final page or two...even though I knew it was coming it was still a great moment.

Onto Vision...then Seven Soldiers. And the rest.

Seven Soldiers is awesome. I'm really glad I got it this year. Every mini was great and the actual overarching story was really well done. You'll dig it I think.

Vision was fantastic too but I think everyone knows that.

Top Bottom