• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2015. The much-anticipated sequel to October's OT.

Anyone reading Martian Manhatten besides me

Yes, very.

I love that book, it's consistently one of (if not the) strongest book that comes out any week it releases in.

And Tim, don't worry, nothing I love has been permanently canceled and I'm reading all the stuff people named so I think I'm canceling you out.

Oooh, except Devil Dinosaur. Watch out for that one.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
More Secret Wars stuff:

Spider Verse #1 didnt do much for me. Its weird that they seemingly remember that they arent from batlleworld when in most other books characters have no idea. Also its weird that spider gwen is there but gwen is also dead. Its like they are in the actual 616 earth which doesnt exist at this point.

Master of Kung Fu #1 on the other hand was great and one of my favorite SW books so far. Was that Elektra as Red Sai leader of the Red Hand? I assume so and that her servant with the hat covering his eyes is Matt? Well at least some version of the. Anyway really cool stuff (wasnt expecting the morlocks in this book lol)

Dat digital convenience. If you had forgotten 2 weeks ago you would have to drive back to the store.

Did you buy Archie?

Yup. Got Archie, too. Moon Girl was the only one I forgot about when I bought this week's books. My only complaint about Archie remains the fact that the new content is so short. What is this? 20-pages or something and then some reprint material?

Also finished watching Jessica Jones. Really enjoyed it. David Tennant was phenomenal. Now to watch Daredevil.

Highly recommend Invisible Republic Vol 1 from the Image CMX sale. It's an absolutely gorgeous and original piece of work that deserves more attention.

Zombine

Banned
Anyone pick up Ringside? How was it?

I meant to respond to this question earlier, but there is a lot to love. There's some fairly authentic if slightly embellished lockeroom wrassle-speak, but what I love is that it's a book that is clearly written by a Wrestling fan who wanted to highlight some of the struggles that a washed up wrestler may face with a twist. I highly recommend it. Book is about to get batshit insane and we're only moving on to #2.

I hope that rumored WB Montreal Suicide Squad game is real and is M rated. They have great cutscene direction at that studio.

We should hear about it soonish. Maybe at the video game awards. WB specifically made montreal WB for yearly Batman/DC game installments to alternate with Rocksteady and they haven't announced anything for their 2016 slate. I'd imagine they have something lined up for the window that the movie comes out in.

I do hope that Superman game is true as well.

Is Cataclysm necessary reading before No Man's Land Vol. 1? (batman)
When No Man's Land starts, it's already roughly three months into the government quarantine of the remains of Gotham City and there's only a brief flashback to summarize events leading up to. If you want to see the actual earthquake and the deterioration leading to the quarantine, then Cataclysm would be necessary yes.

Messi

I meant to respond to this question earlier, but there is a lot to love. There's some fairly authentic if slightly embellished lockeroom wrassle-speak, but what I love is that it's a book that is clearly written by a Wrestling fan who wanted to highlight some of the struggles that a washed up wrestler may face with a twist. I highly recommend it. Book is about to get batshit insane and we're only moving on to #2.

How is the art though?

We should hear about it soonish. Maybe at the video game awards. WB specifically made montreal WB for yearly Batman/DC game installments and they've haven't announced anything for their 2016 slate.

Did I see somewhere they did the Batgirl section of Arkham Knight? If so that was cool and I loved that they used classic harley.

Vibranium

Banned
We should hear about it soonish. Maybe at the video game awards. WB specifically made montreal WB for yearly Batman/DC game installments to alternate with Rocksteady and they haven't announced anything for their 2016 slate. I'd imagine they have something lined up for the window that the movie comes out in.

Between that and a Supes game it could be a great few years for WB Games...as long as they don't butcher the PC ports through outsourcing haha.

WB Montreal are great and Arkham Origins was kicass, I loved it.

Squire

Banned
Anyone read X-Men Season One? It's Hopeless, so I'm not expecting the world as far as the writing, but that McKelvie art is yum. There's a one use code on Amazon right now (HOLIDAY30) to get 30% off a single book. Brings X-Men down to $12.

For the record, it's not on MU for some reason.

How is the art though?

Did I see somewhere they did the Batgirl section of Arkham Knight? If so that was cool and I loved that they used classic harley.

Yeah I think they only handled that DLC, the rest was rocksteady. I'm one of the few people that really liked Origins, but I played it on PC and it wasn't buggy for me besides one of the watch towers not being capturable. Loved the designs for the characters, I thought
Troy Baker did a great Joker
, and Smith did a better Batman than Conroy. The story and dialogue between Batman and Alfred was the best of all the Arkham games too.

Messi

Wait...what the hell is this about. Its out next week.

STK691800.jpg

Publisher: MARVEL COMICS
(W) Dan Abnett, Jason Latour (A) Carlo Barberi, Jim Cheung (CA) Jim Cheung
WHO ARE THE GUARDIANS 1000?!
Defending the galaxy is a good gig, but Drax isn't thrilled with the combat hours (not enough of them) and Rocket isn't thrilled with the compensation (not enough of it). They're off on an adventure to supplement both, and Groot is happy to come along. But instead of the perks they want, they're about to get more trouble than they can handle. Good thing the Guardians 3000 are on hand to help! But what about...THE GUARDIANS 1000??!!
Also in this issue, Latour and Cheung tell a one-off story of Ben Grimm and Rocket Raccoon, stuck on a planet where culture is based on Earth-style professional wrestling...but the stakes are life and death! THIS AIN'T KAYFABE, BROTHER!
Rated T

Yeah I think they only handled that DLC, the rest was rocksteady. I'm one of the few people that really liked Origins, but I played it on PC and it wasn't buggy for me besides one of the watch towers not being capturable. Loved the designs for the characters, I thought
Troy Baker did a great Joker
, and Smith did a better Batman than Conroy. The story and dialogue between Batman and Alfred was the best of all the Arkham games too.

I was shocked how good Smiths Batman was. It was so good that when I read Batman now that is the voice I hear in my head. That game had wonderful cutscenes.

I'm so against buying digital singles that I just spent $39 on the first three volumes of Alias when I could have spent $28 on the entire series

I have a problem

VanWinkle

Ugh I bought Dark Knight Returns on Comixology so I can finally read it, and I can tell it will be a pain on my 8.4" tablet. Really small panels and text. I will probably just wait until I buy it in print at some point.

Anyone read X-Men Season One? It's Hopeless, so I'm not expecting the world as far as the writing, but that McKelvie art is yum. There's a one use code on Amazon right now (HOLIDAY30) to get 30% off a single book. Brings X-Men down to $12.

For the record, it's not on MU for some reason.

It is very good and enjoyable.

And Rachel and Miles X-Plain the X-Men made me appreciate it more.

Then if you need more of the same check out X-Men First Class (comic series).

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
The new Chewbacca series actually looks pretty cool, how's it been?

And anyone been reading Copperhead? Stopped reading three issues in but wondered if it picked up...

Messi

The new Chewbacca series actually looks pretty cool, how's it been?

And anyone been reading Copperhead? Stopped reading three issues in but wondered if it picked up...

Good quality, inoffensive book that is never really truly fantastic but is never awful. worth reading in trade imo.

Good quality, inoffensive book that is never really truly fantastic but is never awful. worth reading in trade imo.

I thought the first arc was okay, but I dropped it after that. I ain't got no time for middling comics. Regardless of whether I like the theme or not.

Messi

I thought the first arc was okay, but I dropped it after that. I ain't got no time for middling comics. Regardless of whether I like the theme or not.

But you bought Devil Dinosaur

The same book, actually.

What do Superman and Harley Quinn have in common? JL3K1 SPOILERS:
they were both brutally murdered by Keith Giffen today.

Harley was in that book???

I was talking about Deathstroke.

Top Bottom