• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2016. Wilde for comics, 2 Hickman books this month.

Hagi

Anyone see the preview for IvX #0? I don't know how you could follow up the last pages of Death versus X with this. Beast really is a piece of shit.

Owzers

happy thanksgiving although I dont celebrate it I am a big fan of turkey and of Gaf americans.

Except monkey. Damn Trump supporters.
It's really weird that he left comicsgaf the same time Trump became president, it's like in the movies where the guardian completes his mission and can finallly rest.

VanWinkle

I'm going to look the DC backlog and see what might be worth picking up. I...think I might be good? I've pretty much got the New 52 stuff I like covered. I might look into some old school Green Arrow.

Are either the Morrison or Johns runs on Flash worth reading?

Both very worth reading.

Roman

Anyone see the preview for IvX #0? I don't know how you could follow up the last pages of Death versus X with this. Beast really is a piece of shit.

Why not? After all, they made Death of X.

This reads like Soule found the word "telomeres" somewhere and thought "that's a cool word. I have no idea what it means but it has something to do with DNA. Let's put it into this 'sciency talk' here and the rest will figure itself out."

Yeah I usually have no problem with that but man he's just so giddy, it's weird given the circumstances.
He's basically begun to grow to absolutely hate Scott since sometime between Second Coming and Messiah War

And ever since he left the Avengers he's acquired quite the moral high horse so he thinks he can get away with shit because of that and his scientific superiority

Sandfox

Yeah I usually have no problem with that but man he's just so giddy, it's weird given the circumstances.
I'm not a fan of Beast, but all I'm getting from the preview is that he's happy to science.
All of the smiling is before they actually start talking about the mist and we don't see his reaction to what Iso suggests.

Man, off topic but I'm having a really good time with pokemon. I enjoyed & recognised X/Y & Sapphire/Ruby as well crafted games but my enthusiasm was definitely waning. This feels really fun and fresh though. Really good time.

Also fell into the black friday week trap and got a new phone, sony's xperia xz thing. It looks swanky, I hope I don't break it. I'm upgrading from a galaxy s4 lol

OH happy thanksgiving btw guys wish we had something like that right now, would be a nice way to ring in december.

shingi70

Banned
Asked my girlfriend if she would mind being a co host for a podcast with me and she said no. She doesn't like podcasts and don't like comics enough to be a regular reader. Sucks because she was the perfect blank slate layman for the project.

Once I get off of work and get home going to crack open some.leftovers and start reading Knightfall.

oh you're going paper? I thought you were talking about the digital CMX BOGO sale. Its all there and it'll be way cheaper getting it that way

Lol no you're right. DC never finished releasing the paperback omnibi so I'd have to get hardcovers which would be way to expensive for my liking which is why I never went past the first one. I want to get the whole series digitally because of how much cheaper it is. But, I can wait for the next BOGO to jump in.

Also fell into the black friday week trap and got a new phone, sony's xperia xz thing. It looks swanky, I hope I don't break it. I'm upgrading from a galaxy s4 lol

I bought a Steam Link! For €19, it's a seriously cool bit of kit.

I may have bought a new TV to go with it. But I don't have that yet. I'm owed quite a bit of money it turns out, so I can pay the rest of the TV off pretty quickly and have it for Christmas.

Lol no you're right. DC never finished releasing the paperback omnibi so I'd have to get hardcovers which would be way to expensive for my liking which is why I never went past the first one. I want to get the whole series digitally because of how much cheaper it is. But, I can wait for the next BOGO to jump in.

Ok cool. Yea its a series i re-read this year and still holds up well. Its also one that gets better the further into the series it goes. But your other books are no slouches! Enjoy your books

I may have bought a new TV to go with it. But I don't have that yet. I'm owed quite a bit of money it turns out, so I can pay the rest of the TV off pretty quickly and have it for Christmas.

Fuck man nice, you stick at 1080p or did you make the big 4k jump?

That's an awesome price for the steam link btw, I was looking for one awhile back, but I just couldn't find them for sale without the pad bundled in for some reason, and I already have one of those.

Steamlink is a lot of fun. Especially linking it up with a DS4 its like getting another console for a cheap price

PsychBat!

Banned
01-1.jpg

Fuck man nice, you stick at 1080p or did you make the big 4k jump?

That's an awesome price for the steam link btw, I was looking for one awhile back, but I just couldn't find them for sale without the pad bundled in for some reason, and I already have one of those.

It's 4K, but it's not huge or anything, just 43''. My flat is fairly small so I couldn't go much bigger without it dominating the living room. I couldn't get a 1080p I wanted for the price, so I figured, why not?

Steamlink is a lot of fun. Especially linking it up with a DS4 its like getting another console for a cheap price

I'm really impressed with it. I thought it would be a lagfest TBH but it performs really well on almost all the games I tested.

The turkey was Astonishing X-Men, but the dressing ended up being the Uncanny X-Force of today's spread. My wife did well.

My sole contribution was in funding the endeavor and carving the bird like a pro. I'm Julia Child with a knife. Our table ends up looking like a Martha Stewart catalog.

Happy Thanksgiving, Comics GAF, both near and far!

It's 4K, but it's not huge or anything, just 43''. My flat is fairly small so I couldn't go much bigger without it dominating the living room. I couldn't get a 1080p I wanted for the price, so I figured, why not?

I'm really impressed with it. I thought it would be a lagfest TBH but it performs really well on almost all the games I tested.

Does the TV support HDR?

Does the TV support HDR?

I think so. But I'm not going to be actually using 4K content for awhile, if ever. I don't have any sources of it, well I guess I could hook up my PC with a long HDMI but I bought a Steam Link to avoid doing that.

It's just that this was the right price, and the only 1080p one I was happy with was 55'' which is too big for the flat. It's mostly for couch gaming, I'm not really a big movie or TV watcher these days, though I'll dig out my Blu-Rays for over Christmas since it looks like I'm going to be rostered for a good few days over the break (but I've been told I'll probably be sent home early most days, so not so bad). There is 4K Netflix I guess but I only have a first-gen Chromecast and a Roku 3 and I'm pretty sure neither supports that.

Some days after work, sitting in the office chair feels too much like still being in work. So I bought the Link so I could play some games on the couch. Plus, the TV I had was from 2008, I was due.

The turkey was Astonishing X-Men, but the dressing ended up being the Uncanny X-Force of today's spread. My wife did well.

My sole contribution was in funding the endeavor and carving the bird like a pro. I'm Julia Child with a knife. Our table ends up looking like a Martha Stewart catalog.

Happy Thanksgiving, Comics GAF, both near and far!
Whedon Astonishing or Way Astonishing?

Owzers

you guys should take a picture of your thanksgiving food reading comic books. I wonder what book cranberries would read...

PsychBat!

Banned
It's time Disney shut down the comics division of Marvel. All they do is shit in the legacy of classic characters with bad story telling and elementary level art.
Once the movies stop making money, reignite the comics division and start the cycle a new.

hmmmm yup hmmhmmmm yes

Sandfox

hmmmm yup hmmhmmmm yes

"I have no idea what is happening in any of Marvel's books or who is writing them, but everything they are putting out is trash and it should all burn"

I kinda feel like all the male X-Men are garbage people.
All of the X-Men are garbage people and always have been. If anything I would say they are more tame than they were in the past from what I've read of the older stuff.

I kinda feel like all the male X-Men are garbage people.

Colossus? Nightcrawler? Cypher? Actually that whole gen of New Mutants.

And I'd argue for Cyclops and the young O5 as well, though those are going to be more divisive choices.

Edit: Goldballs still golden too

Messi

Colossus? Nightcrawler? Cypher? Actually that whole gen of New Mutants.

And I'd argue for Cyclops and the young O5 as well, though those are going to be more divisive choices.

Edit: Goldballs still golden too

Ill give you Colossus.

Fuck Goldballs. Trash character.

Top Bottom