• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2016. Wilde for comics, 2 Hickman books this month.

Seeing some new books for preorder on Amazon I hadn't heard about before. East of West year two I think I heard before somewhere but I see Saga HC book two. Velvet and Tokyo Ghost HC's, Avengers by Hickman omnibus, Amazing Spider-Man by Michelinie and Larsen Omnibus (thats my shit right there from my teen comic days!!) and a Spider-Man tangled webs omnibus (who asked for this?) and Brubaker Daredevil omni vol 2.
I linked most of them in the last thread IIRC. We talked a bit about the Hickman one here at the start of the thread.

I'm going to look the DC backlog and see what might be worth picking up. I...think I might be good? I've pretty much got the New 52 stuff I like covered. I might look into some old school Green Arrow.

Are either the Morrison or Johns runs on Flash worth reading?

I'm going to look the DC backlog and see what might be worth picking up. I...think I might be good? I've pretty much got the New 52 stuff I like covered. I might look into some old school Green Arrow.

The Morrison/Millar stuff is good. I'm not finished with the Johns stuff but it's also good (the Wally stuff anyways).

I want Starman so I'll probably pick that up since the paperback omnis were discontinued. Not sure what else I want.

Boogiepop

So guys, real quick: anything worth grabbing from this Secret Wars sale with the note that I have Thors, Renew Your Vows, Old Man Logan, and am planning to wait till I can get properly formatted Hickman Omnibi for the event itself? Similarly, this Venom/Carnage sale, with the note that I grabbed Remender Venom already (it's just 1-22, right?)?

With the Image sale it's probably quicker to ask about the stuff I don't have specifically, so: Autumnlands, Birthright, Black Magick, Black Road, Burn the Orphanage, COWL, Dark Corridor, Displaced Persons, Double D, Four Eyes, Girls, Hinges, I Hate Fairyland, Invisible Republic, Kill Six Billion Demons, Krampus, Lazarus, Limbo, Luther Strode, Manifest Destiny, Monstress, Multiple Warheads, Murder Me Dead, Noah, Nowhere Men, Octopus Pie, Officer Downe, Outcast, Phonogram, Plutona, Postal, Pretty Deadly, Prophet, Revival, Ringside, Roche Limit, Rocket Girl, Saints, Sheltered, Sons of the Devil, Stray Bullets, The Beauty, The Fix, The Rattler, Virgil, Wayward, Wicked+Divine, Wolf.
(In retrospect, it would've been easier to list what I do have. My bad). So yeah, anything highly recommended in there?

Also, any low-key DC runs that are great that I may have missed?

kmfdmpig

You have likely already read it, but if not Mike Grell's Green Arrow run was fantastic. Longbow Hunters is a really good, and fairly brief series that I recommend.

A.D.: After Death #1 is a comic book the way Ulysses is a novel. Well maybe closer to Proust. Point being, yeah that's an accurate way to describe it, and that's where you would always find it, with all the other comics, but if you go into it expecting a conventional experience, you're in for a bad time.

I'm not even sure it's worthwhile to attempt to review what Snyder and Lemire are doing, here, without the complete work in front of me. I will say it is cerebral, it demands patience, it doesn't use any cheap tricks to get you back for #2, which is both bold and refreshing. I will also say, I'm in for the whole thing. Definitely.

So guys, real quick: anything worth grabbing from this Secret Wars sale with the note that I have Thors, Renew Your Vows, Old Man Logan, and am planning to wait till I can get properly formatted Hickman Omnibi for the event itself? Similarly, this Venom/Carnage sale, with the note that I grabbed Remender Venom already (it's just 1-22, right?)?

With the Image sale it's probably quicker to ask about the stuff I don't have specifically, so: Autumnlands, Birthright, Black Magick, Black Road, Burn the Orphanage, COWL, Dark Corridor, Displaced Persons, Double D, Four Eyes, Girls, Hinges, I Hate Fairyland, Invisible Republic, Kill Six Billion Demons, Krampus, Lazarus, Limbo, Luther Strode, Manifest Destiny, Monstress, Multiple Warheads, Murder Me Dead, Noah, Nowhere Men, Octopus Pie, Officer Downe, Outcast, Phonogram, Plutona, Postal, Pretty Deadly, Prophet, Revival, Ringside, Roche Limit, Rocket Girl, Saints, Sheltered, Sons of the Devil, Stray Bullets, The Beauty, The Fix, The Rattler, Virgil, Wayward, Wicked+Divine, Wolf.
(In retrospect, it would've been easier to list what I do have. My bad). So yeah, anything highly recommended in there?

Stray Bullets and The Fix are both very good

Messi

Please buy Sunstone and Death Vigil if you haven't

Siege is important to the event. I am not sure if it will be in the omni or not. I loved Weirdworld, A-Force and Civil War. Giant Sized Little AvX is must read if you like Skottie Young's work, it's amazing. Some lower key stuff that I liked: Red Skull, MODOK, 1872.

I also LOVED Where Monsters Dwell but it has literally nothing to do with the event. They just let Ennis write a mini. It's cool.

On that Image list....
Top Shelf Comics: Birthright, Lazarus, The Fix
Excellent Comics: Black Road, I Hate Fairyland
Good Comics: Black Magick

Edit: All pre-Remender Venom books are garbage, as a rule. Space Knight has been really fun.
Edit 2: Oh I guess I should say Space Knight WAS really fun since those assholes killed it

Mindwipe

The Deadpool SW mini was actually amusing. All the X-Men ones were forgettable. As noted Siege is probably important, but it might well be in the omni.

For me from Image: Birthright, Lazarus, Prophet, WicDiv, Pretty Deadly, Phonogram. The first volume of Roche Limit is fun but the second shits the bed so you may decide not to bother. Absolutely don't pass on Lazarus and Birthright in particular.

DC runs: Gotham Academy, Grayson? Red Lanterns? Omega Men.

Last I remember he was sitting watching her at her work and he was debating talking to her or not because she was maybe pregnant. He wasn't sure.

I don't believe any of this story BTW.
She was his Chik-Fil-A girl
damnn player you and echo late with reviews. Owzer would love Cap:Sam #15. You also reminded me that I have a infamous #2 already bought, but haven't got to it.not sure how I forgot about it.
I move at my own pace dammit! Hobbies lose their appeal once they feel like they're required. It's part of the reason why I'm not as in to gaming as I used to be

Dont forget to post your turkeys!

56619326.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
happy thanksgiving although I dont celebrate it I am a big fan of turkey and of Gaf americans.

Except monkey. Damn Trump supporters.

Messi

DCs recent minis seem to work with that code. At the very least the first issues do as they arent rebirth. Deadman, Midnighter worked for me.

I had a turkey burger for the first time a couple of weeks ago. God it was garbage

Happy Thanksgiving comicgaf! ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON.

As is often the case, you just ain't getting the right ones or cooking 'em right.

I swore them off for years and couldn't find a good tasting one til I grabbed Trader Joe's and cooked it quick with some pepper and red chili flakes. Dee-lish.

...it might be my staple food at this point in time.

...he said after saying he hated turkey...

Top Bottom