• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2016. Wilde for comics, 2 Hickman books this month.

PsychBat!

Banned
You do realize this is me you are talking to. I am arguably her biggest fan here.
AFPGetty-512188376.jpg
Fuck Goldballs. Trash character.

shots fired

Boogiepop

Stray Bullets and The Fix are both very good

Siege is important to the event. I am not sure if it will be in the omni or not. I loved Weirdworld, A-Force and Civil War. Giant Sized Little AvX is must read if you like Skottie Young's work, it's amazing. Some lower key stuff that I liked: Red Skull, MODOK, 1872.

I also LOVED Where Monsters Dwell but it has literally nothing to do with the event. They just let Ennis write a mini. It's cool.

On that Image list....
Top Shelf Comics: Birthright, Lazarus, The Fix
Excellent Comics: Black Road, I Hate Fairyland
Good Comics: Black Magick

Edit: All pre-Remender Venom books are garbage, as a rule. Space Knight has been really fun.
Edit 2: Oh I guess I should say Space Knight WAS really fun since those assholes killed it

The Deadpool SW mini was actually amusing. All the X-Men ones were forgettable. As noted Siege is probably important, but it might well be in the omni.

For me from Image: Birthright, Lazarus, Prophet, WicDiv, Pretty Deadly, Phonogram. The first volume of Roche Limit is fun but the second shits the bed so you may decide not to bother. Absolutely don't pass on Lazarus and Birthright in particular.

DC runs: Gotham Academy, Grayson? Red Lanterns? Omega Men.
Thanks a ton, guys!
Man, off topic but I'm having a really good time with pokemon. I enjoyed & recognised X/Y & Sapphire/Ruby as well crafted games but my enthusiasm was definitely waning. This feels really fun and fresh though. Really good time.

Yeah, Pokemon is totally killing it for me. I'm sure this sounds incredibly silly to anyone who hasn't been playing the franchise for forever, but there are a ton of nice little minor quality-of-life tweaks that have me super happy. Like "oh damn, I evolved a Pokemon and it actually pulled up the Pokedex entry that I hadn't filled yet" or "oh man, the game's actually letting me swap the Pokemon I just caught into my team?!" They're small, but I really like that they did this stuff. Only thing I'm not so hot on is that wild Pokemon seem to call in pals a bit TOO often, which can get kind of obnoxious when trying to catch something.

Do Franklin, Reed, Sue and the Molecule Man still exist in the MU?

Since they're creating universes, I mean. Do they exist within a fictional space that contains the multiverse, and is itself simply another universe, or is it actually the space between these universes? A sort of anti-space, if you will. If the latter is true, is it actually a part of the Marvel universe, or is it a separate fictional entity?

Edit: I mean the 616 versions of these characters. There could be alternate versions on alternate Earths...it will be interesting to see if that's true, at least.

Thanks a ton, guys!

Yeah, Pokemon is totally killing it for me. I'm sure this sounds incredibly silly to anyone who hasn't been playing the franchise for forever, but there are a ton of nice little minor quality-of-life tweaks that have me super happy. Like "oh damn, I evolved a Pokemon and it actually pulled up the Pokedex entry that I hadn't filled yet" or "oh man, the game's actually letting me swap the Pokemon I just caught into my team?!" They're small, but I really like that they did this stuff. Only thing I'm not so hot on is that wild Pokemon seem to call in pals a bit TOO often, which can get kind of obnoxious when trying to catch something.

Haha definitrly, that has been an annoyance. There should be a limit on how many times they do it, or it should at least eat their turn. It's definitely this games hordes. Very true though, it's full of qol things. Just arrived on the second island!

Finished my DC shopping. I'm glad DC is making this an annual thing now. Hopefully they open it up to Rebirth issues next time.

I already had most of what I'd call essential runs/comics. So this time I started in on deeper cuts.

Notable pickups
- Stars and S.T.I.P.E - not the whole run as they're still a couple issues left to release but this is a fun comic that was one of John's earliest comics he did. This is where he created Courtney
- Manhunter - the Kate Spencer run
- Question - yea it's 80s grim comics but I really enjoyed this run
- more superman and Batman comics they released recently

How come Zatanna isn't bigger. Seems like her appeal is pretty crossover and would be easy to make popular.

she has no consistent personality quirks, rogues, supporting cast, or even easily defined power set

she's great in one-off or guest appearances, not ongoings

VanWinkle

I'm currently working in the electronics at Walmart and it has been absolutely insane for the last two hours. Hating it. Currently on break.

tim1138

Finished my DC shopping. I'm glad DC is making this an annual thing now. Hopefully they open it up to Rebirth issues next time.

I already had most of what I'd call essential runs/comics. So this time I started in on deeper cuts.

Notable pickups
- Stars and S.T.I.P.E - not the whole run as they're still a couple issues left to release but this is a fun comic that was one of John's earliest comics he did. This is where he created Courtney
- Manhunter - the Kate Spencer run
- Question - yea it's 80s grim comics but I really enjoyed this run
- more superman and Batman comics they released recently

Instead of Starman I went with Hitman and Orion

I'll get you next time, Starman

good choices the both of you, I'm still sorting through what I'm going to grab

Messi

So all of the Hanna-Barbera titles work in the BOGO. Same goes for Vertigo and Young Animal (Works BOGO on issue 1 and 2)

TheFlow

Banned
"looks at next week releases"

ah that dreaded 5th week.Guess it is great time to catch up on DC/Marvel.

image has deadly class and saga. so yea auto win

So today I decided to revisit COD4:MW through the remastered version on PS4. Maaaaan this SP campaign is truly fantastic. I know this is the game that launched the "COD" look and feel for shooters but I'm really thinking it's the best "modernz' shooter campaign out there. And coming back to it after so many COD and other shooters after it it's amazing how much better COD4 is.

The levels don't over stay their welcome, the shooting is snappy and it's amazing how....restrained it is. Yes it's bombastic and has these COD staples but the story, characters, settings are so much more grounded. Music will,come and go but it's not afraid to just go silent and let the Warfare do the talking. And then you have the classic levels like All Ghillied Up, the mission with the AC-130, the tanker. Ah! So good

tkscz

So in the new JLA comic coming in 2017, we get Lobo's look back, but not the original one? Can someone even explain to me how the original one died when he's banned from doing so?

Messi

This is wonderful. Noticed this as well. I might try some Young Animal madness.

This is terrible.

Doom Patrol is really fun. Great art.

I bought 70 DC books just now. But now the wishlist is much lighter.

--

Old Lobo is back in Harleys Little Black books next issue.

check out the art...it is totally not what you are expecting...that shits totally black and white.

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2016/...-look-preview-of-harleys-little-black-book-6/

Messi

I want to commission someone to draw White Rabbit from Spider-Man fame. But do I care enough to pay Joe Quinones 200-300 to do it?

Top Bottom