• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2016. Wilde for comics, 2 Hickman books this month.

I saw some salt over She-Hulk starring in a book called Hulk. These are not rational people.

A lot of comic site users act like children. The comments in that She-Hulk preview are fucking embarrassing. There's one guy there who keeps commenting that Marvel and DC need reboots.

Owzers

I'm thankful that you guys are still reading comics and posting here, even though it makes little sense.

It makes almost no sense at all.

PsychBat!

Banned
I'm thankful that you guys are still reading comics and posting here, even though it makes little sense.

It makes almost no sense at all.

ZB7tigQ.gif

Well I decided to sample some of the Rebirth and #1s eligible for the BOGO sale. It's a shame Detective comics isn't one of them I guess since it didn't start with #1. Also a bummer it's looking like no Dark Horse sale?

When Riri was first revealed people asked why Bendis created Riri when we already have Miles. I also see people now asking why she exists when there was a a girl connected to Rhodey or something that he could have.
I can understand them saying that she should've stayed as War Machine and Doom be Iron Man (I was one of the ones who was super into that idea), and that people would've preferred Rhodey's niece (I think?) over her.

Beyond that it's whatever

PsychBat!

Banned
I can understand them saying that she should've stayed as War Machine and Doom be Iron Man (I was one of the ones who was super into that idea), and that people would've preferred Rhodey's niece (I think?) over her.

Beyond that it's whatever

but are you excited for monsters unleashed!?

It's always hard with characters in shows/books/games/movies/whatever that are against the good guys, but because they're just doing their job. Like, I'm watching Person of Interest and close to halfway through S2, and
I want to hate Donnelly because he's so damn persistent and trying to prevent the good guys from doing good guy things, but at the same time he's just doing his fucking job. Although you think he'd look harder into the shit the "Man in the Suit" has been doing and actually look at the results. Still, he's just doing his job, which is what Carter was doing previous to him. I mean, he's dead now, so it's irrelevant.

I apologize for the off-topic.

On-topic:
Squadron Supreme #13
Okay so this book is still good. Some pretty poignant emotional bits. More existential than anything. I love time shenanigans as well. Plus I enjoy the team dynamics and how they're building to the future Ulysses gave them.

Now, plot specs:
I don't think Namor is necessarily Namor. Even with the revolving door that death is, there's always consequences. There's absolutely no way that Namor is willing to just be Namor and be all cool about it. I guarantee that evil Zarda is planning on this. Or at least Modred is. One of them has to have a contingency. The plan was to bring Namor back as an ally, yeah? I'm banking on them having some sort of control spell, since Zarda helped kill him. He wouldn't be exactly compliant, not like he is now (even then it's still pretty shaky). Also this proves that Black Bolt can straight up use magic.

Squadron Supreme is still enjoyable. Makes me curious as to why they only went after Namor. I didn't read the first arc so I don't know if they explain it.

Don't know if this has been mentioned:

Amazon has a $10 off $25 book code right now "HOLIDAYBOOK"

I added 3 of upcoming Flintstones Volume 1 paperback to test it and it took the discount off. Thought comic peeps might be able to get some mileage out of this. Says it's 1-use, good til 28th.

Top Bottom