• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2016. Wilde for comics, 2 Hickman books this month.

FNI8j5h.jpg

Current haul:

42 CMX comics(12 Marvel and 30 DC)
Multiversity Deluxe from Amazon with the 10€ off code
LEGO Star Wars Calendar for little sister
Pokémon Sun steelbook/fan edition

Looking for more CMX issues in the other sales. Also grabbed the newest Bombshells issue while I was at it.

VanWinkle

Got Harbringer Deluxe on Amazon with the $10 off any book over $25 sale. Ended up getting it for $16.

Also got the issues from the Starman Omnibus Vol. 3 on Comixology with the B1G1 sale (since that volume is massively out of print). Now I need to hurry up and get Starman Omnibus Vol. 4-6 while they're still on IST.

Was thinking of getting the Strangers in Paradise omni off Amazon but it's full price on there. My comic shop's doing better deals for Black Friday weekend so I may just grab it there tomorrow.

Finished up my Darkhorse sale run. Finished up my BPRD collection. Also bought all the various other mignolaverse issues I didn't have. More in Abe, Baltimore, Hellboy, etc

Other notables I didn't have before
- Finished up Mind MGMT
- Even though I just got all of the LEs got the digital version of Kabuki because it's one of my all time favorites
- more Groo
- Dark Horse presents

I tried to figure out how to read Usagi Yojimbo and gave up. I have the first 3 Usagi Yojimbo Saga trades and I'll stick with that for now.

Oh and there's some crazy discounted transformers trades. ($2 trades)
https://www.comixology.com/Transformers-Cybertron-Sale/page/13201?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC90YWJsZXQvc21hbGxDYXJvdXNlbA

Sandfox

I picked up an iPad Air 2 today for my comic reading and a few other things. Should be a nice upgrade over the original Nexus 7.

Finished up my Darkhorse sale run. Finished up my BPRD collection. Also bought all the various other mignolaverse issues I didn't have. More in Abe, Baltimore, Hellboy, etc

Other notables I didn't have before
- Finished up Mind MGMT
- Even though I just got all of the LEs got the digital version of Kabuki because it's one of my all time favorites
- more Groo
- Dark Horse presents

Nice pick ups! Just looking around, I grabbed some of the more under-the-radar books:

* The Paybacks (Superheroes working as repo men, taking back equipment from other superheroes who couldn't pay off their debts

* Weird Detective (Surprised I never heard of this, as googling shows that it was critically acclaimed. Fred Van Lente explores Chtulu through noir detective tropes)

* Mae (Gene Ha's all ages series. Mostly for my daughter.)

* Spell on Wheels (Kate Leth's new book about travelling witches. Something my daughter will be excited to read)

* Sabertooth Swordsman (because it looks bonkers)

shingi70

Banned
I've become that dude everyone hates, my wallet was stolen last week so I won't have money to buy a 3ds until next week when my debit card comes.

We got 10 of the systems in and I knicked a Black model and took it back to the electronics Cage, and everyone knows not to touch it since it's mine.

Load up on Hellboy, boys.

Hellboy and BPRD are both finished right now and they're amazing and worth everyone's time.

Haha, I second this, even if I'm buying nothing myself. I'd love the Mignolaverse in digital too, but I gots no money. Did you grab Abe then?

The Witcher comics at Dark Horse are pretty great, I really really liked that first volume. Something that might not come straight to mind to check out.

I really want to read Mind MGMT, probably get the hardcovers after christmas.

Okay I know Death of X #4 was awful and all but it did come out just a couple days ago and that synopsis spoils basically the entire issue. Maybe you should link it.

ElNarez

Banned
That synopsis is wrong on multiple levels.
Doesn't even allude to the fact Cyke jobbed to a terrigen cloud moment one of this shitshow

Haha, I second this, even if I'm buying nothing myself. I'd love the Mignolaverse in digital too, but I gots no money. Did you grab Abe then?

Ended up not buying it-- bought too much other stuff already!

I just ordered a commission from Ray Fawkes too since he's selling a limited amount online. I think you'll like what I requested.

I haven't kept up with this thread in the past few weeks, but I'd like to point out that in Uncanny Annual Magneto somewhat has Elixer in the wings as he learns to use his powers that can revive people.

Taking bets on how soon this might be used during/after IvX, or like so many marvel plot threads, gets ignored/removed.

I don't really get why people think Cyclops
dying from a disease is going out like a wimp.

He really didn't buuuut
a year of building expectations will do that

I actually don't think it really mattered how
he went out. The hype period was far too long, people were going to be unhappy pretty much no matter what

Kinda expecting the same thing to happen with the Thor whisper.

Top Bottom