• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2016. Wilde for comics, 2 Hickman books this month.

TheFlow

Banned
So I looked around for a more active, academic-slanted board and came up empty. So I guess I'm back to bore you with discussions you don't care about; and add fuck-all to your superhero conversations. May or may not post regularly... may or may not have become a tradewaiter.
Nah we good without you fam

Messi

So I looked around for a more active, academic-slanted board and came up empty. So I guess I'm back to bore you with discussions you don't care about; and add fuck-all to your superhero conversations. May or may not post regularly... may or may not have become a tradewaiter.

Welcome close. I read all posts.

Lol nice to have you back, I guess? You don't seem to happy about it hah

hill.jpg

I forgot to post this when I read the most recent Green Arrow issue. You guys discussed this, correct?

I'm
not
looking forward to Trump's smug orange grin in future issues.

Zombine

Banned
For $15 a month you can join Zombine University--a comprehensive learning course on all of the nuances of the comics industry. After 100 days, you will have enough secret industry knowledge to elevate your comic reading existence, and potentially find a job in the comic industry*

Job not guaranteed

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
I honestly don't agree with some of this. Carol was already struggling to hold an ongoing before this run, The Inhumans have their fanbase and will be moving away from the similarities they had with the X-Men. The Gwen thing has happened before.

Only the first issue of Rebirth books are on sale.

They've brought her back numerous times as a clone, or as a Gwen from a different earth. Now, Gwen didn't die on the bridge. I'm sure at the end of the arc she'll be gone again, but her disolving is a little different than her death that ushered in a new wave of comics.

I remember when Harley Quinn didn't look like a zombie stripper.

Oh yeah, I 'member.

oh boy now we can live the Ninja Turtles experience

Growing up in a glass bowl
With chameleons, lizards and tadpoles
It hardly enters your mind
That there's something better than this
A lettuce leaf and a carrot
Maybe a seed from a parrot
Believe me when I tell you
The word "gourmet" just don't exist
But pizza power
A flying saucer food delight
Pizza power
Aw, that's what makes us feel alright

Sandfox

All of this Gwen talk reminds me that Night Thrasher isn't in a book yet. He could end up being in Occupy Avengers or Secret Warriors though.

It's been really good. The first trade comes out the first week in January, so you don't have too much longer to wait if you go that route.

I'm not a fan of trades. Even though I buy most of my comics after a run has come out I still buy singles. Just seems like the way most comics should be read.

Gonna pick up like 4 Image volume 1s from the CMX sale. So far I got:

Saga
Sex Criminals

Undecided on the final two to pick up. Marvel don't have anything on sale that interests me except Vision which I'll be picking up whenever the OHC releases and DC have no discounts AFAIK which sucks.
That reminds me, what time zones are everyone in? I'm in GMT+1(Stockholm). Going off work in 20 minutes at 22:00.
GMT (London)

Messi

Whenever I get down on comics I read some image books and I remember that comics can be truly great. Re read Sex Criminals today and it's legitimately great comics.

Top Bottom