• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2016. Wilde for comics, 2 Hickman books this month.

I swear, she's fucking cursed to getting a tie in that derails her character or sends her to outer space & isolates herself from everyone.

WHY?

If you're gonna build her up as credible superheroine, stop isolating her from everyone, it never fucking works! YAS QUEEN is gonna be a drag because Butters and Farzekas got her and both dipped when Bendis fucked her character motivation.

And this was worse than the KSD 2nd Run because at least Carol was growing in the 2nd run, yeah, she was in the cosmos which never works for her, they never get her right in outer space but once again, they fucking fail.

What is this now? Attempt 3? Gives her 6 issues before the next tie in fucks with her character?

Yup this was #3. #4 next month. Sigh.

Eh, I think she can do okay in space. Not like there are a bunch of earthbound Captain Marvel villains running around. You miss out on her interacting with her friends
buuuuut she's all outta friends now anyways
. I haven't read anything about it other than that awful solicit...which actually makes more sense now (it's intentionally awful, I think)...but given how this ends I'm assuming she's
grounded on Earth for the time being

Edit: I forgot a couple of key details. I could totally see them
shipping her off to space again

The Ms. Marvel CW tie in issues were phenomenal and heartwrenching.

I loved this tie-in

While I was buying books I forgot that my Amazon Smile could donate to a worthy LGBT or any other minority supported organization. Can anyone give me some organization to support?

Owzers

Nxt takeover was great, I hope they bring more people up to wwe, maybe let the revival job to new day a bit while the club sandwiches drift away.

Rise of the tomb raider is also good outside of a very flaky story.

Nxt takeover was great, I hope they bring more people up to wwe, maybe let the revival job to new day a bit while the club sandwiches drift away.

Nooooooo. Everyone is better off in NXT. Triple H has full control over NXT. They would all get buried on RAW or Smackdown where Vince has the final say. Vince loves big men.

If you want to get technical,
Black Bolt was the one behind the mist lol.
Maximus rigged it though.
Had a interesting conversation with my girlfriend today. She thinks the current Carol Danvers costume is hot Garbage, and the fact that Marvel deemed they had to change it because it was revealing was reverse sexism.

She much prefers the black Ms.Marvel costume and if Carol had to have another costume for a movie she likes the emh costume.

Ms._Marvel.png
I didn't like the black costume. It felt generic, though the color scheme is iconic. I didn't like it because for a woman with a military background, the fuck is she wearing a swimsuit with high boots? I don't think it's reverse sexism, it's just making a better costume. Her EMH costume is decent.
Liked these so, so much better. Made so much more sense to me.
It's a problem when you write something in reverse when you don't even have a specific end point. All we know is the aftermath, and even then it's super vague.
X-Men has been a goddamn trash fire since 2012. A year wouldn't be enough.

Bendis, Rucka, and Spurrier all had X-books that say otherwise.

Zombine

Banned
So Wonder Woman Earth One vol 2 is a thing? With Morrison & Paquette? 😍

I was under the assumption this was one and done.

Owzers

Can't find anything for the Amazon ten off deal, maybe east of west volume 1 but I don't like buying collections of a series I buy monthly before it ends and know I want all of it again. Multiversity deluxe for $21 is tempting but I didn't love it. Velvet ohc but that's a preorder that will be cheaper with dcbs.

I should just buy more flannel shirts.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
It appears that Marvel continues it's tradition of pissing off it's fans every few months or so. Not really spoilers for people who are up to date on the last few months of Marvel stuff...

- Cyclops dies in the worst possible way. Remember that rally cry to unite all mutants? What about the showdown you were expecting? Nevermind, he died of a cold.
- Captain Marvel's actions are so out of character that her standalone book started to suck and was cancelled
- More Inhuman crap. We get it, you don't like FOX and they own mutants at the moment, but Inhumans aren't going to happen
- Let's kill Tony Stark and have a ton of new Iron People. Doom as Iron Man is an interesting concept, but I've not doubt that was created to get people talking and will be over before issue 10.
- Remember when Gwen Stacy died and it literally changed comics forever? Yeah, fuck that and fuck you.

shingi70

Banned
I've seen a couple clips. It's basically just Batman: Brave and the Bold again, and while I liked that show, I'm tired of the only action shows having to be action/comedy.

No one wants to be bet on a whole action cartoon anymore, the few that are their are given time slots that kill them and it seems like Voltron and Star Wars rebels are the only pure action series left. It's weird that complained hold action series to merchandising standards that more comedy based cartoons aren't.

Sandfox

It appears that Marvel continues it's tradition of pissing off it's fans every few months or so. Not really spoilers for people who are up to date on the last few months of Marvel stuff...

- Cyclops dies in the worst possible way. Remember that rally cry to unite all mutants? What about the showdown you were expecting? Nevermind, he died of a cold.
- Captain Marvel's actions are so out of character that her standalone book started to suck and was cancelled
- More Inhuman crap. We get it, you don't like FOX and they own mutants at the moment, but Inhumans aren't going to happen
- Let's kill Tony Stark and have a ton of new Iron People. Doom as Iron Man is an interesting concept, but I've not doubt that was created to get people talking and will be over before issue 10.
- Remember when Gwen Stacy died and it literally changed comics forever? Yeah, fuck that and fuck you.

I honestly don't agree with some of this. Carol was already struggling to hold an ongoing before this run, The Inhumans have their fanbase and will be moving away from the similarities they had with the X-Men. The Gwen thing has happened before.
Current ongoing Green Arrow is amazing
Only the first issue of Rebirth books are on sale.

Top Bottom