• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2016. Wilde for comics, 2 Hickman books this month.

Gonna pick up like 4 Image volume 1s from the CMX sale. So far I got:

Saga
Sex Criminals

Undecided on the final two to pick up. Marvel don't have anything on sale that interests me except Vision which I'll be picking up whenever the OHC releases and DC have no discounts AFAIK which sucks.

GMT (London)
Excellent two picks. For the final two here are some of my recommendations

Lazarus
Criminal
Sunstone
Stray Bullets
East of West

With my time I've spent so much of my reading time just keeping up with MU. But with the holiday break I needed some good ol classic style DC reading. So I'm finally getting to reading the JL Darkseid war. I've got all the books and the collection of one shots (with the GL book Tim raved about)

Time to dive in!

With my time I've spent so much of my reading time just keeping up with MU. But with the holiday break I needed some good ol classic style DC reading. So I'm finally getting to reading the JL Darkseid war. I've got all the books and the collection of one shots (with the GL book Tim raved about)

Time to dive in!

Bon appetit! I thought it was a fun arc.

VanWinkle

I really want to make time to read more dial h tonight but I just can't stop playing Pokemon. I'm already planning on replaying yellow or gold when I'm done with this haha. Game is like crack to me. Maybe I'll start reading the pokemans manga next

Dial H is so weird. I liked it a lot, although it kind of lost me in its last few issues.

Saga
Sex Criminals

Undecided on the final two to pick up. Marvel don't have anything on sale that interests me except Vision which I'll be picking up whenever the OHC releases and DC have no discounts AFAIK which sucks.

GMT (London)

Are you looking for recommendations? Lazarus and Southern Bastards are awesome. I'm partial too Rumble too.

My SML3DS arrives Monday w/ Sun.

FRIEND COOODE

Haha where do I get the friend code from? It's not on my gaf profile for a reason, I have no idea what it is

Dial H is so weird. I liked it a lot, although it kind of lost me in its last few issues.

Haha Mieville is really weird. I love how fantastical and grimy he makes things with language, it's not something I'm always in the mood for, but it can be quite enthralling. His books are pretty out there too. He's one of the few authors I enjoy where just the act of reading what he's put down is engaging in it's own right. He's way above comics really, I have no idea how dial h happened.

Saga
Sex Criminals

GMT (London)

I know you already picked, but I'd also like to recommend The Fix for the next time you do some shopping. Very good comic and if you enjoyed Superior Foes it's very up your alley.

Reread a bit of Hellboy Wake the Devil today since I had it out

It's really interesting to return to this after, well, everything else. To see Hellboy, Liz, Abe, and Kate in one room again is incredibly refreshing. It's also fun to read a story where the entire world hasn't gone to hell. Plus it's got that Mignola art!

Reread a bit of Hellboy Wake the Devil today since I had it out

It's really interesting to return to this after, well, everything else. To see Hellboy, Liz, Abe, and Kate in one room again is incredibly refreshing. It's also fun to read a story where the entire world hasn't gone to hell. Plus it's got that Mignola art!

Its funny how little of that there is. I mean we naturally think of hb, Abe and liz as the original trio, but they spend so little on page time together despite the movies etc. I figure once the HB and the bprd book reaches the 80s it has to be all about them haha. I love that volume, all the intro stuff to
hecate, project vampir sturm or whatever its name is, so much good stuff. An exploding horse!

I did it, fam! I want to thank Farside for returning to slum with us and potentially gracing us with his incredibly intellectual take on comics. But none of that superhero bullshit!

Tragicomedy - 1000/1000 Comics

• A Year of Marvels: March Infinite - 1
  • A-Force - 5
  • Action Comics - 4
  • Afterlife with Archie - 3
  • All-New, All Different Avengers - 9
  • All-New Hawkeye - 6
  • All-New Inhumans - 1
  • All-New Wolverine - 8
  • All-New X-Men - 9
  • All-Star Batman - 2
  • Amazing Spider-Man - 12
  • Angela: Asgard's Assasin - 3
  • Annihilation: Conquest - 39
  • Ant-Man - 5
  • Aquaman (Rebirth) - 8
  • Archer & Armstrong - 13
  • Archie - 5
  • Astonishing Ant-Man - 6
  • Avengers Standoff - 2
  • Batgirl - 2
  • Batgirl and the Birds of Prey - 2
  • Batman (Morrison) - 81
  • Batman (New 52) - 53
  • Batman (Rebirth) - 12
  • Black Panther - 2
  • Black Widow - 3
  • Bloodshot - 13
  • Blue Beetle (Rebirth) - 2
  • Captain America: Sam Wilson - 9
  • Captain America: Steve Rogers - 1
  • Captain Marvel - 4
  • Chrononauts - 4
  • Civil War II - 1
  • Codename Babouska - 4
  • Daredevil - 6
  • Dark Knight III - 2
  • Deadly Class - 23
  • Deadpool - 9
  • Deathstroke - 8
  • DC Universe Rebirth - 1
  • Detective Comics - 11
  • Doctor Strange - 6
  • Doom Patrol - 1
  • Eternal Warrior - 4
  • Extraordinary X-Men - 8
  • Fight Club 2 - 9
  • God Hates Astronauts - 10
  • Gotham Central - 40
  • Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters - 1
  • Green Arrow (Rebirth) - 12
  • Green Lantern (2005) - 10
  • Green Lanterns (Rebirth) - 1
  • Guardians of the Galaxy - 4
  • Gwenpool - 2
  • Hal Jordan and the Green Lanterns Corps - 3
  • Harbinger - 15
  • Harbinger Wars - 4
  • Harley Quinn - 1
  • Harley Quinn and the Suicide Squad - 1
  • Hawkeye vs Deadpool - 4
  • Howard the Duck - 5
  • Huck - 6
  • Hyperion - 1
  • I Hate Fairyland - 3
  • Invincible - 132
  • Invincible Iron Man - 5
  • Jughead - 3
  • Justice League (New 52) - 8
  • Justice League (Rebirth) - 2
  • Karnak - 1
  • Kill Or Be Killed - 2
  • Mignolaverse - B.P.R.D. - 23
  • Mignolaverse - Hellboy - 38
  • Mockingbird - 1
  • Moon Knight - 6
  • New Super-Man - 1
  • Nightwing (New 52) - 1
  • Nightwing - 10
  • Old Man Logan - 1
  • Paper Girls - 10
  • Quantum and Woody - 6
  • Rocket Raccoon - 1
  • Saga of the Swamp Thing - 7
  • Seven to Eternity - 1
  • Shadowman - 2
  • Silk - 2
  • Silver Surfer - 1
  • Snotgirl - 3
  • Southern Bastards - 15
  • Spider-Gwen - 5
  • Spider-Man - 2
  • Spider-Man 2099 - 1
  • Star Lord - 3
  • Star Wars - 19
  • Star Wars: Chebacca - 5
  • Star Wars: Darth Vader - 21
  • Star Wars: Obi-Wan & Anakin - 3
  • Star Wars: Princess Leia - 5
  • Star Wars: Vader Down - 1
  • Suicide Squad - 1
  • Superman - 8
  • Superwoman - 1
  • Teen Titans (Rebirth) - 1
  • The Fix - 5
  • The Flash (New 52) - 15
  • The Flash (Rebirth) - 8
  • The Hellblazer Rebirth - 1
  • The New Frontier - 6
  • Titans - 2
  • TMNT - 25
  • Trinity - 1
  • Uncanny Inhumans - 2
  • Vision - 7
  • We Stand On Guard - 6
  • Wonder Woman - 5
  • X-O Manowar - 14

----------------

Read up to issue 5. Everybody was right. It got a LOT better.

Feel like (for me) it'll read better if I read two issues together or trade wait.

Deathstroke? The current series? I read the Rebirth issue and that was a real stinker.

Can confirm. It's not spectacular. I mean, this is still a Rebirth book. But it's much better than the Rebirth one shot. That was atrocious.

Wow Sausage Party is the worst movie I have seen in a long time

Very nice, Tragic. Favorites? Stand-outs?

The previews didn't look terrible. False advertising in 2016!

Really nothing to shocking in terms of favorites:

Mignolaverse - Everything. I started this late, but it's the crown jewel this year. Just spectacular.

Image - God Hates Astronauts, Southern Bastards, Deadly Class, and Invincible. Best of the big three, unquestionably. Quality for days.

Marvel - Vision, Howard the Duck, and all things Star Wars. I'm six months behind on all this with MU. Oh yeah, and fuck the haters, I love Ant-Man.

DC - Green Arrow, Gotham Central, and old school Saga of the Swamp Thing.

Valiant - Not even once.
Pretty decent across the board. Archer & Armstrong and X-O are great. Harbinger is okay. Bloodshot is terrible, though.

TheFlow

Banned
If you haven't read stray bullets you haven't read the best of the best. Don't be that guy who reads stray bullets for the first time in 2017

you can be that guy, at long as you read it. Whenever I take a break from comics and their inevitable mediocrity, I read a new issue of Stray Bullets and realize that comics can be good sometimes.

Malyse

I want to see that. It's good, I'm guessing?

I mean, it's a Disney movie so asking for my opinion is a little...

That being said, Moana is great. It's the movie beautiful film I've seen and I loved everything about it. Some people rightly took issue with some of the jokes landing a little flat, but all in all the movie is well worth watching. Also, it's structured more like a superhero film than a Disney Princess film.

Moana finally dethroned Belle as my favorite princess (ironic when Beauty and the Beast is coming next year)

shingi70

Banned
Just got two early christmas presents in the mail from friend. Black Lightnjng tpb and Black acanary Zatanna blodspell hardcover.

That being said, Moana is great. It's the movie beautiful film I've seen and I loved everything about it. Some people rightly took issue with some of the jokes landing a little flat, but all in all the movie is well worth watching. Also, it's structured more like a superhero film than a Disney Princess film.

Moana finally dethroned Belle as my favorite princess (ironic when Beauty and the Beast is coming next year)

I'll check it out when I get the chance. I loved Zootopia.

diaspora

Another thing that bothers me about The Death of X:
Scott: ...ever since you poisoned our planet.
Medusa: Don't be ridiculous, we didn't-

How... does she even dispute this? It's literally gassing the planet with a chemical that has a reasonably high fatality rate.

Top Bottom