• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2016. Wilde for comics, 2 Hickman books this month.

I don't think its hyperbole when I say its one of the best comics of all time.
I honestly don't think I will ever see something quite so remarkable again.

Awesome man. I really liked what I read, just decided to hang off. Probably going to start doing that with more series tbh. Chew, revival and mind mgmt after the holidays I think.

Ps4 pro is on sale for 339 at Amazon, forget about Nintendos, double up on the futurer.

Not sure what the pro has to do with Nintendo, but that's a good price

Owzers

Awesome man. I really liked what I read, just decided to hang off. Probably going to start doing that with more series tbh. Chew, revival and mind mgmt after the holidays I think.

Not sure what the pro has to do with Nintendo, but that's a good price
If I upgrade to a PS4 pro because my system is loud I probably won't get a Switch for money reasons.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
This still makes me laugh

DFxnBSD.jpg

How far are you guys in Pokemon?

Third island, Route 13! I have made no progress today haha my boy couldn't get his pichu to evolve so I said send it to me, and I didn't realise when you trade the pokemon's happiness zeroes for the new trainer, and it was already a decent level, so it's been quicker just to go get a new pichu haha so pretty much just been going through the motions of evolving to pichu then levelling it back up for him this afternoon. Choking to get back in though. Came across alola geodude last night, so cool Rock and electric hybrid too, cool combo

Lashley

ugh.

it's been how many years now and this one still isn't explained?

I'm not even sure how it will even make sense anymore, given that Thor instantly became worthy again inexplicably during Secret Wars.

Didn't he become worthy again, just as he was about to die? Something to do with the fact he was willing to sacrifice himself?

If I upgrade to a PS4 pro because my system is loud I probably won't get a Switch for money reasons.

I have the same problem with my og Ps4, so noisy it puts me off a bit. Thinking I might just get a slim alongside horizon though, just skip the pro and wait on the PS pentiple. No idea though. Cashwise it seems wiser to jump in on the pro for say three years of play, but preference wise I really value quiet gaming and no 4k TV here, so maybe a slim. It kind of has me landlocked to be honest, my indecision kept me away from the black Friday deals for both.

Pretty sure the thor thing will finally be resolved in the unworthy mini series.

shingi70

Banned
Third island, Route 13! I have made no progress today haha my boy couldn't get his pichu to evolve so I said send it to me, and I didn't realise when you trade the pokemon's happiness zeroes for the new trainer, and it was already a decent level, so it's been quicker just to go get a new pichu haha so pretty much just been going through the motions of evolving to pichu then levelling it back up for him this afternoon. Choking to get back in though. Came across alola geodude last night, so cool Rock and electric hybrid too, cool combo

I just finished the first trial, been working on Pichus happiness to evolve him, and caught a cottonette for my girlfriend who has moon.

Finally have a 3ds of my own so I'm going to try to play alot Tomorrow.

Owzers

I have the same problem with my og Ps4, so noisy it puts me off a bit. Thinking I might just get a slim alongside horizon though, just skip the pro and wait on the PS pentiple. No idea though. Cashwise it seems wiser to jump in on the pro for say three years of play, but preference wise I really value quiet gaming and no 4k TV here, so maybe a slim. It kind of has me landlocked to be honest, my indecision kept me away from the black Friday deals for both.

Pretty sure the thor thing will finally be resolved in the unworthy mini series.
I'd go for slim but it doesn't have an optical port and my receiver doesn't have hdmi, my tv can't do 5.1 pass through. No 4K tv, seems like I'm stuck with loud.

Loud systems...the PS4 pro system I get would probably be loud to spite me.

This is one thing I really like about comics, they are the real whisper quiet.

Lackadaisicool

Neo Member
I'm debating trying comics again (digitally), but video games take up most of my spending money. I want to support this industry, but the price for a comic that takes 15 minutes to read is crazy.

Owzers

I'm debating trying comics again (digitally), but video games take up most of my spending money. I want to support this industry, but the price for a comic that takes 15 minutes to read is crazy.
You could try subbing to marvel unlimited, that's the best comics value that includes reading comics. Subs go on sale around conventions and Christmas. ComiXology sales are pretty good too for $1 an issue. I only buy about 12 floppies a month and fill in the rest with trades, MU occasionally, and cmx sales.

Instocktrades.com is the best trade place in the u.s.

Lackadaisicool

Neo Member
You could try subbing to marvel unlimited, that's the best comics value that includes reading comics. Subs go on sale around conventions and Christmas. ComiXology sales are pretty good too for $1 an issue. I only buy about 12 floppies a month and fill in the rest with trades, MU occasionally, and cmx sales.
I know MU stays about six months behind, but do they add all their titles? If digital comics were all a dollar, I'd be on that every week. I mostly want to read current stuff and stay updated. However, if MU does add their stuff, just six months behind, I could probably jump on that.

For those who have read civil war 2 is it okay to just read the main issues?

When reading comics I want to immerse myself in the full entire story. However I realized that I end up getting lost and give up part way when jumping between the tie-in solo comics.

Can anyone provide me a bare essential reading list for civil war 2?
Just read the main event.
Watching JLU and just finished the Captain Marvel episode and it was a great episode, but the amount of force Supes used in his fight with Cap was totally uncalled for and unnecessary. I'm not gonna blame Captain Marvel because Superman made the tone from the start. That's the kind of force you would use on someone like Doomsday or Mongul, not another fucking Leaguer who was trying to offer a different solution(even though he was wrong). The collateral damage was totally reprehensible and negligent.
It's why Billy leaves the League. The idea that a hero would be willing fight another hero like that is an idea he can't reconcile, and Supes really stepped over the line. There's a lot to his side that it can be understood why he reacted a certain way, but at the end of the day, he overreacted in such a way that he didn't care for anyone else. He just needed to be right, which is a fairly recurring flaw with DCAU Superman: he has to be right.
Didn't he become worthy again, just as he was about to die? Something to do with the fact he was willing to sacrifice himself?
Never explained, but it doesn't matter because he needs a Mjolnir in order for that to be relevant, which he currently doesn't have.

I know MU stays about six months behind, but do they add all their titles? If digital comics were all a dollar, I'd be on that every week. I mostly want to read current stuff and stay updated. However, if MU does add their stuff, just six months behind, I could probably jump on that.

Yeah they add all their new stuff, I think. I recommend downloading the app and trying it out.

If you only want to pay a dollar an issue, that's easily done if you stick to sales, you just won't be up to date

I just finished the first trial, been working on Pichus happiness to evolve him, and caught a cottonette for my girlfriend who has moon.

Finally have a 3ds of my own so I'm going to try to play alot Tomorrow.

Awesome, really like the whole island trial structure. Allows them to basically do a gym leader if they want but also totally change it up to. That whole happiness thing isn't too bad once you understand it, but pokemon isn't the best about explaining some of it's underlying systems ha. I had that first pichu up to lvl 27 and it wouldn't evolve, grabbed a new one with a friendship ball and it evolved after the first battle I put it through.

I'd go for slim but it doesn't have an optical port and my receiver doesn't have hdmi, my tv can't do 5.1 pass through. No 4K tv, seems like I'm stuck with loud.

Loud systems...the PS4 pro system I get would probably be loud to spite me.

This is one thing I really like about comics, they are the real whisper quiet.

Hahah! The only thread on gaf where we can proclaim our experience was as quiet as a church mouse and it would be actually true. That's a pain with the toslink thing though, pro makes sense in that regard. They should really be making all that stuff easy on your end. I genuinely believe my PS4 to be one of the worst offenders for noise, I was afraid to idle at Doom's multiplayer matchmaking screen during the summer days in case of Hell literally erupting out of the machine itself

Owzers

I tried three ps4s at launch to find a quiet one, they were all loud, I don't want to do this with a pro. That pro noise thread isn't encouraging.

This week's list...

No Angel 1
Skeptics 2

Batman Annual 1
Superman Annual 1

TMNT Universe 4

Deadly Class 24
Romulus 2 (maybe)
Saga 40
Seven to Eternity 3
Surgeon X 3 (maybe)

Black Widow 8
Extraordinary X-Men 16
Ghost Rider 1
Guardians of the Galaxy 14
IvX 0
Ms. Marvel 13
New Avengers 18
Old Man Logan 14
Uncanny Inhumans 16

Light week but lots to be excited about, especially in that Marvel stack.

That's the assumption. But Thor has been willing to sacrifice himself a billion times over. Going down with Hyperion facing impossible odds vs. the Beyonders isn't really something he wasn't willing to do before.

Just read the main event.

Never explained, but it doesn't matter because he needs a Mjolnir in order for that to be relevant, which he currently doesn't have.

Well, there's one sitting right there, he just hasn't been able to touch it yet.

How far are you guys in Pokemon?

like 38 hours in haha

Im pretty sure this now my favorite pokemon game

the story is actually engaging and characters have some depth (not that much but so much more than previous games), theres tons of little details that add to the experience, Alolan designs are nice, theres a lot of charm.

Owzers

Pokémon characters...quiet PS4 pros...fine, weekend comicsgaf do what you want but Monday we are going back to telling the truth.

Finished reading JL the Darkseid war. That was a fun wild ride. I think now I'll get caught up on all my pre rebirth superman books then finally read the DC Rebirth issue

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Image sending November out with a bang list!

Deadly Class #24
Monstress #8
Saga #40
Seven to Eternity #3
Shutter #24
Surgeon X #3

ugh.

it's been how many years now and this one still isn't explained?

I'm not even sure how it will even make sense anymore, given that Thor instantly became worthy again inexplicably during Secret Wars.

Honestly, man, it's probably for the best. It's one of those classic "it's better in your imagination" things.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Starting the road to Messiah Complex.

So many new characters.....

Lady Mastermind
Omega Sentinel
Blindfold
Rockslide
Hellion
Mercury
Dust
Elixia
Plus Pixie and Anole who I have a tiny amount of experience with.

Also should I read the Endangered Species Beast shorts?

Okay, I just finished the first volume of I Hate Fairyland. What a lovely comic. I think I may keep pulling this.

Time for list that I totally forgot about last night!

Deadly Class #24
Monstress #8
Saga #40
Seven To Eternity #3
Shutter #24
Ms. Marvel #13
Generation Zero #4
Savage #1

I tried three ps4s at launch to find a quiet one, they were all loud, I don't want to do this with a pro. That pro noise thread isn't encouraging.

My Pro is NOT quiet. Quieter than the PS4 I traded in, sure, but it's audible. Noise tolerance is subjective, and mine doesn't bother me in the slightest. I'm almost positive you'd want to exchange it. A bit of a high pitched whine.

This still makes me laugh

DFxnBSD.jpg

not only should Daredevil not be able to lift that gun, not only would he not be able to see a damn thing, but with his increasing super-hearing the sound and vibrations of that gun should probably deafen him

like nobody thought about this scene for more than five seconds, they just wanted a cool moment

Owzers

My Pro is NOT quiet. Quieter than the PS4 I traded in, sure, but it's audible. Noise tolerance is subjective, and mine doesn't bother me in the slightest. I'm almost positive you'd want to exchange it. A bit of a high pitched whine.
Its the higher pitch noise that gets me, I don't mind the whoosh but my PS4 gets higher pitched as it speeds up.

Why is everyone a green Ranger? Do they all have Dragonzords too?

Black Dragon cut off the other five from the Morphing Grid. They still have their powers, they just couldn't access them. They were able to use the Dragon Coin to tap into their powers since Tommy's connected to the Morphing Grid a different way.

Lashley

Would've got Justice League of America #10 too, but fuck that. The delays have killed it completely for me.

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #9
Monstress #8
Saga #40
Seven To Eternity #3

Batman Annual #1
Suicide Squad #7
Superman Annual #1

Amazing Spider-Man #20
Ghost Rider #1
Guardians Of The Galaxy #14
IvX #0
Old Man Logan #14