• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2016. Wilde for comics, 2 Hickman books this month.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Will be avoiding the OT thread like the plague

"lol this is why i dont read comicz" ad nauseam

Bunn X-Men kills me inside. UXM goes from borin to incomprehensible. Shits garbage. And then Guggenheim...I liked his Blade run, but I haven't read it since it finished, but goddamn did he create a horrendous book with Agents of SHIELD

I bet y'all are wishing for Lemire and Soule now. I am.

TheFlow

Banned
Why bother making a thread

its going to be made regardless. might as well someone from here.

Bunn X-Men kills me inside. UXM goes from borin to incomprehensible. Shits garbage. And then Guggenheim...I liked his Blade run, but I haven't read it since it finished, but goddamn did he create a horrendous book with Agents of SHIELD

I bet y'all are wishing for Lemire and Soule now. I am.
shit I am wishing for Bendis.

Messi

Who did you guys want. Who did you want that they could realistically get?

I just want to go back to Bendis. I liked his stuff. Bad endings but entertaining for the most part.

ElNarez

Banned
“There's more going on here than just another new Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, the umpteenth iteration. … One of the things that I wanted to get back to and really sort of drill down is what does it mean to be a mutant in the 21st century, in a world where you've got Inhumans and you've had mutants for all this time and you've had M-Pox and Genosha and all the things that have happened to mutants throughout the years. Why does this racism still exist? In fact, the very first page sort of sets out my anti-mutant treatise. I really tried to put on my racism hat and justify hatred of mutants for the 21st century. And the brotherhood really plays into that,” Guggenheim said.

who's ready for Marc Guggenheim's Racism Hat

its going to be made regardless. might as well someone from here.

shit I am wishing for Bendis.

Who did you guys want. Who did you want that they could realistically get?

I just want to go back to Bendis. I liked his stuff. Bad endings but entertaining for the most part.
I'm in the same boat
who's ready for Marc Guggenheim's Racism Hat
COMICS! |OT| January 2017 Marc Guggenheim's Racism Hat

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
how tf is the mvc4 thread on 50 pages when the title even says take it with a grain of salt?

gaf pls

X-Men comics...they had a good run. I mean, this happens to everybody eventually. Either they die or they just keep going being mediocre as hell like the Simpsons or Modern Family.

We'll always have the good times

ea2cb5184e_tumblr-nw2lmsG1Ea1uvxc4ro1-500.png

5458984-8194369250-tumbl.png

x4.jpg

CEtvWD1W0AAYHkt.jpg

Ross61

They could have found a crop of newer, younger, and more diverse writers to lead the X-Men charge going forward like they did Black Bolt, America, and She-Hulk but they chose Bunn and Guggenheim. Good luck X fans.

They could have found a crop of newer, younger, and more diverse writers to lead the X-Men charge going forward like they did Black Bolt, America, and She-Hulk but they chose Bunn and Guggenheim. Good luck X fans.

Well yeah, put fresh blood on books that are already cancelled. That Marvel strategy through and through.

MG310

Bunn Magneto was okay.

Gold seems to be the incredibly safe basic X book. You get a classic Nightcrawler, Storm,Colossus,Kitty, and Wolverine in his Days of Future Past pants.

Cape and tights Rachel Summers seems out of place.

shingi70

Banned
The x-men could have more relevant than they've been in the past 10 years considering we're going into Trumps America and CNN is having debates on if Jewish people are actually people.

Shame

I wanna know who the fuck at Marvel decided Marc Guggenheim should be the one to write a main X-Men book? Why would someone ask for that? It had to have been one person from higher up that was his best friend.

You really don't need an impressive resume to work in comics.

2016, Lesnar jobbed, Trump won, X-Men forever flabby, Prince died, and Zelda delayed til June 20fuckin17

Its time to put this year to bed ya'll, good night sillymonkey

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Welp I'm officially done with Marvel. This will not be worth renewing MU for. Blue is literally everything I didn't want in an X-book. A shitty writer, Magneto as leader, and the garbage O5 all in one book.

The Marc guy wrote screenplays for Arrow since 2012 and legends of tomorrow.
I don't know if that is good thou

Screenplays for DC stuff. His Marvel output has been trash so far.
2016, Lesnar jobbed, Trump won, X-Men forever flabby, Prince died, and Zelda delayed til June 20fuckin17

Its time to put this year to bed ya'll, good night sillymonkey
FFXV is a good game. 2016 still has hope.

VanWinkle

Speaking of X-Men, I got my first Valiant deluxe edition in today.

SyXR2cQ.jpg

It looks pretty nice. I really wish it didn't have this tight glued binding, though. Regardless, I'm glad to have it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
these SF5 mods got really good really fast compared to 4. 4 didnt have actual modeling until way later I think, it was mostly just paint jobs.

tumblr_o80ogulfzR1usrgjso1_540.gif

So Uncanny + All New X-men-> X-men Blue
Extraordinary -> X-men Gold

Jean leads Blue, Kitty leads Gold

All my hype gone. Should have known it was just re-branding current titles with 90's nostalgia bait.

Top Bottom