• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2016. Wilde for comics, 2 Hickman books this month.

The Ultimates2 #1
Decent beginning issue, playing clean-up and set-up. Obviously the grander mystery is interesting, and I'm very curious as to where these storylines go. Foreman's art isn't bad, but I wasn't a fan and kept wishing for Rocafort.

Ultimately it feels like one of those issues that I can only describe as "interesting" and not much else. Nothing stood out much, but I did like T'challa and Carol. Also now Carol's even more worthless to the team. Replace her with someone else. Please. I don't care who.
Marc Guggenheim? I wonder what he's done........................

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.
And a run on Blade
generation x with emma and magik or bust.
But you don't like Emma

TheFlow

Banned
The Ultimates2 #1
Decent beginning issue, playing clean-up and set-up. Obviously the grander mystery is interesting, and I'm very curious as to where these storylines go. Foreman's art isn't bad, but I wasn't a fan and kept wishing for Rocafort.

Ultimately it feels like one of those issues that I can only describe as "interesting" and not much else. Nothing stood out much, but I did like T'challa and Carol. Also now Carol's even more worthless to the team. Replace her with someone else. Please. I don't care who.

And a run on Blade

But you don't like Emma

that goes to show how much I dislike the blue and gold reveal.

the school needs a leader. emma is the only real option left.

And a run on Blade
mLDaIBT.png

tim1138

I guess the X-Men books stay losing now and going future. I love how Bunn acts like Magneto being the leader of the X-Men is a new and exciting thing. That's totally never, ever, happened before!

-edit-

Good lord Rachel's new costume is awful

A lovely dinner. Install a 2tb drive in my new Ps4. Ethernet transfer means I don't have to reinstall everything. All is good in the world. Check the thread for all the glowing positive bvs thoughts....

Bunn and Gugenheim on Xmen. Lol. Somehow worse than Lemire and Soule. What is life.

I guess the X-Men books stay losing now and going future. I love how Bunn acts like Magneto being the leader of the X-Men is a new and exciting thing. That's totally never, ever, happened before!

this series has gone on so long that all creative avenues have been filled

Sandfox

So it looks like the two main X-books will be shipping twice a month and I'm wondering if that means $3. I much more happy with the artist this time around and the new costumes are cool as well.

Guggenheim talks more about things I'm interested like a new Brotherhood and justifying the hate for mutants in the 21st century so that's good.

So Uncanny + All New X-men-> X-men Blue
Extraordinary -> X-men Gold

Jean leads Blue, Kitty leads Gold

All my hype gone. Should have known it was just re-branding current titles with 90's nostalgia bait.

They aren't rebrandings. These books have completely different creative teams, are about completely different things, and have somewhat different teams.

TheFlow

Banned
So it looks like the two main X-books will be shipping twice a month and I'm wondering if that means $3. I much more happy with the artist this time around and the new costumes are cool as well.

Guggenheim talks more about things I'm interested like a new Brotherhood and justifying the hate for mutants in the 21st century so that's good.

They aren't rebrandings. These books have completely different creative teams, are about completely different things, and have somewhat different teams.

DOA

Sandfox

I've seen saw quite a few X-fans saying they wanted the books to double ship if they were going to get less with a lot of people agreeing with them so we'll see. Given how the other books did I don't see these books being DoA though, especially if the price does end up being $3.

And also, their oldest enemy, Magneto!!! is now a good guy and leading one of the teams!
Magneto isn't leading the team though lol.

For sure. It all comes down to the writing and the art at the end of the day. The art could be good, especially Molina. We know at marvel the writers drive the storytelling though and there's no confidence that Gugenheim or Bunn can write interesting marvel team books with good writing. Look at their last attempts.

Could it be good? Sure but if Lemire couldn't navigate editorial and put out a strong book, I highly doubt these will. Maybe it's pessimistic but at this point. .. It's pretty obvious now why they tried to lead property first and not creator

tim1138

I've seen saw quite a few X-fans saying they wanted the books to double ship if they were going to get less with a lot of people agreeing with them so we'll see. Given how the other books did I don't see these books being DoA though, especially if the price does end up being $3.

Leader/mentor/teacher/headmaster, it's all been done before.

And lol at thinking Marvel is going to release a book for less then $4

He almost takes the role of a Professor Xavier for the original five here.

lmao from the author's mouth bro

Venom #1
I like this book because it feels fresh and Sandoval works well for this book. I dislike it because it means there's no more Space Knight. Also, we have no idea why there's another Venom symbiote that isn't Mania or Flash running around. Also never thought I'd encounter a book where
Venom is the victim. And that I'd feel bad for it.

I'll keep reading. Seems like a book worth giving a chance to.
And also, their oldest enemy, Magneto!!! is now a good guy and leading one of the teams!
"And a Sentinel is one of the team members!"

Man what if Cerebra was a team leader? Or Omega Sentinel? Cerebra, Omega Sentinel, Cypher, Forge, and Warlock are on a team...

Shit that'd be siiiiick

Sandfox

lmao from the author's mouth bro

“X-Men Blue,” written by Cullen Bunn with art by Jorge Molina, stars the time-tossed team of Cyclops, Iceman, Beast and Angel, with Magneto as their mentor-figure. Jean Grey will be present as well, but in “Blue,” she’s taking on the mantle of leader for the first time.

Straight from the author's mouth. He will be mentoring them, but isn't the leader.It also seems like they have some ulterior motive with having Magneto so close to them and won't have a positive view of him for obvious reasons.

Straight from the author's mouth. He will be mentoring them, but isn't the leader.It also seems like they have some ulterior motive with having Magneto so close to them and won't have a positive view of him for obvious reasons.

I gotta say Field Leader, bro? Professor X isn't the "leader" of the X-Men? Come on dude, the hairs you are splitting. What are you even gaining by saying he's not "technically" the leader?? Bunn's been writing ONE Magneto story FOR. YEARS. What is your point trying to playing to down?

TheFlow

Banned

Lol if someone has been asking for double shipping of x-men books in 2016. That would mean 4 issues a month just for those two titles. That is definitely not going to end well.

these new books were supposed to bring back faith/fans to the x-men books it looks more of the same.

tim1138

"And a Sentinel is one of the team members!"

Man what if Cerebra was a team leader? Or Omega Sentinel? Cerebra, Omega Sentinel, Cypher, Forge, and Warlock are on a team...

Shit that'd be siiiiick

So basically Avengers AI for the mutant set? I'd read that, especially since you included Doug and Warlock.

The creative teams were chosen and I think we need to give them a chance.

Soule's concession was pretty convincing...

Also, to have Cyclops and Wolverine out of the books, then to say this in that first interview (basically):

"if we said one beloved X-Man would return to lead them into the future, who would you think it is"

And then have that be Kitty, is some wack-ass bait and switch shit.

Messi

Any you recommend? Wouldn't mind a good Deadpool story tbf, still haven't read X-Force

The good the bad and the ugly

X-force

Hell the current run starting with the second arc of Marvel Now is awesome and includes the good the bad and the ugly.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
The good the bad and the ugly

X-force

Hell the current run starting with the second arc of Marvel Now is awesome and includes the good the bad and the ugly.

Did the current book get any better? I dropped it after the third book in 2099

Top Bottom