• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2016. Wilde for comics, 2 Hickman books this month.

Sandfox

"In regards to double shipping, the market has clearly spoken on how they feel about that and I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of Marvel line followed in a later part of 2017."-Sandfox

you gotta pick a narrative bruh. can't keep backpedaling.

I wasn't backpedaling, I thought you were specifically referring to the X-books double shipping. In regards to Marvel double shipping, the things they change would be more important to how it performs than what the issues Marvel Now is having.

Well you already said you weren't going to stop reading the titles after what happened with Death of x so quality was never the issue.

Gen x is the last hope we fans got out here

What I said was, I wasn't going to stop reading ExX because DoX was bad. The only relationship between those books were the occasional mention of Whatever Cylops Did in ExX.

If I don't like these books I won't stick with them.

Also, it should be noted the whole point of the original Gold and Blue was to allow room for all the cool X-Men there were. This is leaving like 3/4ths of them off the table. So dumb.

Yeah, it seems super freaking boring that they're effectively like "here's the original X-men team, here's Claremont X-men team (with Rachel swapped in I guess), have fun with that." I guess the idea is "screw it, go back to the old standbys" effectively, but still... I've been rereading Claremont X-men, and one of the best things about it is how much it upended things and just went ahead and created a whole ton of stuff that was brand new. And this definitely doesn't look to be that in the slightest.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, random Days of Future Past question/comment I forgot to ask: how the hell is it that Franklin Richards goes out like such a chump in that issue? Like, you've got adult Franklin Richards with his power damper off and nope, just a casual Sentinel blast that kills him nonchalantly. Just doesn't feel right at all.

Agreed on all counts. Also, I assumed Franklin just wasn't that OP then. His power dampener was used because he couldn't control his powers (if I recall), but just because he can control them doesn't mean he could access his full potential. Just because you can get a dog to heel, lay down, and fetch, doesn't mean you can get it to shake hands and roll over.

Sandfox

Yeah, but we can chill.
X-Men discussions are always so hectic lately.

People get passionate about their X-Men lol.

I personally don't have a problem with either of these writers and based on the article it seems like they are doing things I wanted from the ANAD run, so I'll give them a chance. Generation X and Jean Grey are the titles I have always been most interested in though.

TheFlow

Banned
Agreed on all counts. Also, I assumed Franklin just wasn't that OP then. His power dampener was used because he couldn't control his powers (if I recall), but just because he can control them doesn't mean he could access his full potential. Just because you can get a dog to heel, lay down, and fetch, doesn't mean you can get it to shake hands and roll over.
Yea a lot of what Claremont was doing was new. Writers want to create that magic but keep using the same 5 characters from the 70s

Yeah, but we can chill.

I really hate it when people say shit like this instead of calling out the people who actually make it "hectic". If it's me, tell me. If it's not, tell whoever it is. Otherwise nothing gets fixed.

We're allowed to discuss news. We SHOULD.

TheFlow

Banned
Yeah, but we can chill.
Chill on what? You want people to stop talking about x men? The discussion is more civil than last nights BvsS discussion by far

What benjen said. If you think I am being to aggressive on my quotes call me out for it but I am not going stop talking about something because some users want me to be optimistic

Let's all remember Rogue's squad as the gold standard for crafting an X-Men team

0ce8226ac87a92d821e7936de8449aa5.jpg
You didn't see this shit coming, but it came, and it was great.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Chill on what? You want people to stop talking about x men? The discussion is more civil than last nights BvsS discussion by far

What benjen said. If you think I am being to aggressive on my quotes call me out for it but I am not going stop talking about something because some users want me to be optimistic
I havent talked about you, I just think that X-Men discussions lately tend to escelate quickly.
Its nothing compared to the stuff that is going on on the OT side of course.

I am always a fan of the rule that we can scream and rage when the stuff is really avaiable, there were just to many example in recent history where this board raged and in the end was everything fine. Like back then when we screamed and raged because Bleeding Cool claimed that the X-Men are going to Pluto or something.
But then again, recent history is not really on Marvels side for giving them trust when it comes for X-Men books. But even when if they will be just ok its much better then everything we claimed that book will be.

TheFlow

Banned
I havent talked about you, I just think that X-Men discussions lately tend to escelate quickly.
Its nothing compared to the stuff that is going on on the OT side of course.

I am always a fan of the rule that we can scream and rage when the stuff is really avaiable, there were just to many example in recent history where this board raged and in the end was everything fine. Like back then when we screamed and raged because Bleeding Cool claimed that the X-Men are going to Pluto or something.
But then again, recent history is not really on Marvels side for giving them trust when it comes for X-Men books. But even when if they will be just ok its much better then everything we claimed that book will be.
That's fair but nobody is screaming or raging over this reveal. Just outright disappointment. Which is fair lot of people were excited for this.

There were Man of Steel threads until BvS came out. There are STILL Man of Steel threads. We will all be dead by the time there is a GAF consensus on Batman v Superman.

Can we all at least agree that marvel movies aren't remotely as good as the Internet masses think they are. Snyder dc movies being shit...I can see why many would think that. It's a perfectly reasonable opinion to have

But I will never see what's so great about these middle of the mall marvel Disney flicks aside from a few being aiight for a one time theater watch at best.

Anyways bless up. Peace and love. Hopefully one day xmen gets a good creative team on its books again.

Owzers

I really hate it when people say shit like this instead of calling out the people who actually make it "hectic". If it's me, tell me. If it's not, tell whoever it is. Otherwise nothing gets fixed.

We're allowed to discuss news. We SHOULD.
"I know announcements get a lot of attention, but let's not be a bunch of birdies until it comes out."

I want "a bunch of birdies" to be a thing people say.

TheFlow

Banned
Can we all at least agree that marvel movies aren't remotely as good as the Internet masses think they are. Snyder dc movies being shit...I can see why many would think that. It's a perfectly reasonable opinion to have

But I will never see what's so great about these middle of the mall marvel Disney flicks aside from a few being aiight for a one time theater watch at best.

Anyways bless up. Peace and love. Hopefully one day xmen gets a good creative team on its books again.
Overall they are pretty good though some of the movies like to do over do it on the comedy.

I just really like Rogue's team. Bring them back for a book. Rogue and Cable are on an Avengers team. Cannoball is chilling with another Avengers team. Mystique and Sabertooth are playing around with Magneto. Adult Bobby is over on Storm's team.

Is Omega Sentinel still dead? Last I recall, Pixie stabbed her something fierce.
Those jerks all just turned on her!

Rogue knew what she was getting into when she signed up!

I'm expecting him to sacrifice himself or something at the end of the story.

TRIAL OF HANK MCCOY IS COMING TO FRUITION! FINALLY PAYING FOR HIS CRIMES!

shingi70

Banned
I'm watching the new Independence day and it's dumb and boring. Spectacle just isn't there, despite it going bigger than the first. The table settings are cool but the characters are lame.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I'm watching the new Independence day and it's dumb and boring. Spectacle just isn't there, despite it going bigger than the first. The table settings are cool but the characters are lame.
I am so happy that I lured somehow around to be forced to see this one

I'm....not really the best one to comment on that. I've kinda gone off movies in general the last few years. Part of that is just getting older, partly it's because I did an internship marketing and other stuff for a cinema chain so I kinda stopped going because I'd always get called into work. I went to Age of Ultron on a Sunday morning and ended up being in there for three hours afterwards fixing a projector. And when I do go now, it's "How's where you work now?" which for most of this year was "unemployment." whereas now it's "Mostly happy with occasional bouts of crippling misery."

I didn't see Ant-Man, I probably won't get to see Doctor Strange at this point, and I only stick with the core Avengers movies because I've been invested for almost a decade at this point and it seems silly to stop now. I'm done after Infinity War, I think.

I didn't hate any of the DC movies so far. I found them a bit difficult to watch in parts but that's probably just my eyesight. I don't watch any of the TV from either brand.

Can we all at least agree that marvel movies aren't remotely as good as the Internet masses think they are.

Nope. What they're doing is magical to me. I came home from a movie last week talking to my wife and daughter about Dormammu and Wong and the Ancient One and Baron Mordo. Seeing my family get jazzed for these characters they know nothing about, time after time, will always be an amazing experience. As long as they keep serving those experiences they're golden in my book.

Top Bottom