• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2016. Wilde for comics, 2 Hickman books this month.

Yoooo so hyped for volume 2 of Robbie Reyes this week, who else is excited

Also here is my xmen dream team for anyone who cares:

Magik
Kitty Pryde
Wolverine (Laura)
Colossus
Nightcrawler
Cerebra
Sapna (after this weird plot if she survives)
Jubilee (to ship her with Laura tbh,Laura/Angel is trash)

I think Regenesis was two books to many but man did it hit every damn niche possible. There was a book for everyone.

God, I would sacrifice the majority of Marvel's current output for Carey writing the X-Men again and a new PAD X-Factor book.

It's a very unique time in comics. Image has never been this lucrative and promising for creators who established themselves at Marvel. On the flipside, Image's structure keeps their newer talent from, frankly, developing to the level necessary to be a Geoff Johns or whatever.

I gotta put a lot of this on Editorial, from the lowest to the highest. Someone like Sana Amanat is doing amazing stuff but no one is letting her just kick over every other shlub and reexamine the entire line.

Something will change by mid 2017. It has to. And when it's clear that Ressurxtion didn't work because the creative is uninspired, they'll have to take a long hard look at things.

Yeah, the massive talent exodus to Image with their rising star is definitely something that is hurting Marvel. It's kind of the reverse of around 15 years ago when the new talent would come up through Image and then get scouted out by Marvel.

And editorial is really fucking things up for Marvel. There needs to be a massive shakeup coming. Alonso really needs to be on his very last chance at this point. The entire line has eroded under him. There needs to be a whole new influx of editorial talent with clear visions for the line and the ability to bring in some talented creators.

Creators who have left for Image are one thing, but it's also telling how many talented creators have left Marvel but are doing stuff for DC. And I feel like Marvel mostly just has PAD and Waid because they hate Didio with a passion.

Sadist

And to be fair there was that Cyclops solo thing last year which was good. Young Cykes (aka Bestclops) traveling around with Corsair was a fun ride. Shame the run was short.

And to be fair there was that Cyclops solo thing last year which was good. Young Cykes (aka Bestclops) traveling around with Corsair was a fun ride. Shame the run was short.

Rucka. Proves my point.

I think maybe when Aaron finishes Thor he can save the X-Men. He might be the only one who can.

Yoooo so hyped for volume 2 of Robbie Reyes this week, who else is excited

Also here is my xmen dream team for anyone who cares:

Magik
Kitty Pryde
Wolverine (Laura)
Colossus
Nightcrawler
Cerebra
Sapna (after this weird plot if she survives)
Jubilee (to ship her with Laura tbh,Laura/Angel is trash)
Volume 2 Ghost Rider? Fam, I hate to break it to ya but it's not great. It's basically a retread of the first story arc.

Edit: Oh you mean the new ongoing.

Volume 2 Ghost Rider? Fam, I hate to break it to ya but it's not great. It's basically a retread of the first story arc.

Who cares? Volume 1 of All-New was my favorite comic run of that entire year.

Oh yeah the new ongoing man.

Plus he's meeting Hulk, Laura Kinney, and Silk!

Yeah, the massive talent exodus to Image with their rising star is definitely something that is hurting Marvel. It's kind of the reverse of around 15 years ago when the new talent would come up through Image and then get scouted out by Marvel.

And editorial is really fucking things up for Marvel. There needs to be a massive shakeup coming. Alonso really needs to be on his very last chance at this point. The entire line has eroded under him. There needs to be a whole new influx of editorial talent with clear visions for the line and the ability to bring in some talented creators.

Creators who have left for Image are one thing, but it's also telling how many talented creators have left Marvel but are doing stuff for DC. And I feel like Marvel mostly just has PAD and Waid because they hate Didio with a passion.

I would give Alonso's current performance a B. His biggest issue is retaining A-grade talent, and it's really only a recent problem that boils down to a failure to adapt quickly enough to new market realities. I don't think he needs to go unless he loses Aaron or Spencer, which would be complete catastrophes for Marvel.

But I do think it is time for Panniccia to go.

Sou Da

You know. Doom leading the Avengers and expressing an open hatred of mutants could be masterfully done if they had someone like Walker on both books.

I would give Alonso's current performance a B. His biggest issue is retaining A-grade talent, and it's really only a recent problem that boils down to a failure to adapt quickly enough to new market realities. I don't think he needs to go unless he loses Aaron or Spencer, which would be complete catastrophes for Marvel.

This is the real sticky widget. Enough is enough for that dude.

Roman

Funnily enough during my early morning jog today I was listening to a podcast that happened to discuss preferred creative teams on X-Men Blue and Gold.

In one of their less optimistic projections they called Bunn on Blue. It's going to be a fun listen next week.

Funnily enough during my early morning jog today I was listening to a podcast that happened to discuss preferred creative teams on X-Men Blue and Gold.

In one of their less optimistic projections they called Bunn on Blue. It's going to be a fun listen next week.
Which one?

Picked up Silver Surfer #1 and Moon Knight #1 from the Marvel 2016 first issues sale. Crazy how that's all that appealed to me.

Also Saga is greatness. Gonna finish that then start the rest of the Image books I picked up and also fit Superman Rebirth in there somewhere.

Sadist

Rucka. Proves my point.

I think maybe when Aaron finishes Thor he can save the X-Men. He might be the only one who can.
Agreed. I got the final volume of W&tXM a few weeks ago and I really enjoy the band of misfits (teaching staff and new mutants) at the Jean Grey School. Plus it makes me mad what the writer after Aaron did with Quentin Quire. Dude made a lot of steps in Aaron's run, but the newer run really regressed his character. Shame.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

Which podcast?

OR, and hear me out on this: someone who's not already done an X-Men book before.

Here's some names I thought of:
-Steve Orlando
-David Walker
-G Willow Wilson
-Kate Leth

Yes so much to this. If I'm the group editor for X-Men comics right now, I'm looking for fresh, young talent to take big risks on. Not Cullen fucking Bunn and maybe not even Jason Aaron.

Oh yeah, Paniccia needs to be gone already.

I'm not going to blame everything on Alonso, because there have definitely been other factors at work, but I think that he needs to right the ship soon. The line wide direction has been a disaster for the past few years, and the events seem to be getting more unappealing every year. At a certain point, the guy at the top has to do something about the overall direction or be blamed for the issues.

OR, and hear me out on this: someone who's not already done an X-Men book before.

Here's some names I thought of:
-Steve Orlando
-David Walker
-G Willow Wilson
-Kate Leth

G. Willow Wilson would be a great choice for the X-Men.

Given how good his Harbinger run was, I think Joshua Dysart would be a great choice. Although going from "fake X-Men" to X-Men would be a funny path to take.

Sou Da

I am legit beginning to think that either editorial or GWW doesn't want her to work on other books that stand a chance of staying afloat.

This time it's about mother issues!

UJmgg0v.jpg

Top Bottom