• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2016. Wilde for comics, 2 Hickman books this month.

I have to say something about Wicked & Divine #23. Someone needs to remind Gillen what a comic book is. It is not this. This is what is best described as a light novel. Text, text, text with maybe five or six illustrations throughout the book is not a comic. Everything else is blank white pages full of text. For what it is, it seems very well-written so far. But make no mistake - a comic book, this is not.

Olivia Munn is the Predator, hunting Predators on their planet.

motherofgod.gif

Boogiepop

But the big question - why even do it? Meat is the best. THE BEST.

To be honest, blasphemy as it is to some, I actually never liked the taste of meat in the first place. Plus I've been vegetarian since like 5th grade or so, so I don't think I'll be heading back at this point regardless.

More on topic, on my Valiant read-through, it's time to dive into Shadowman. It's the one I'm kind of iffy on as I read and hated the first trade a while back, but maybe it'll work better for me this time... maybe?

Ok, for reals

Either kirkman is planning to finally off Rick, and Dwight is being groomed to be his replacement, or he's just building up that dude to crush my fucking soul when he dies, which shouldn't be that far off cuz god damn, best char by a mile right now.

Ok, for reals

Either kirkman is planning to finally off Rick, and Dwight is being groomed to be his replacement, or he's just building up that dude to crush my fucking soul when he dies, which shouldn't be that far off cuz god damn, best char by a mile right now.

If he is, it's a slow build. I wouldn't expect him to kill off Rick until maybe issue 200. By that point, I think the book would definitely benefit from a new lead.

Has it gotten more interesting? The first issue didn't do anything for me, and I really wanted to like it.

It has. #2 is not much better than #1 but #3 is fantastic. Incredibly tight action and I'm totally invested in their mission
now.

It's not a top shelf book, but it's good comics (though it did take a couple issues to get there)

i'm not liking the aiming in Battlefield 1, i need dual zone overwatch aim?

Battlefield was a mistake?

It has. #2 is not much better than #1 but #3 is fantastic. Incredibly tight action and I'm totally invested in their mission
now.

It's not a top shelf book, but it's good comics (though it did take a couple issues to get there)

I shouldn't. After reading Motor Girl #1 this week, everything else is going to seem like dog shit.

jurgen

Ok, for reals

I remember several years ago that Kirkman said if he were to ever kill off Rick, the book would focus on Carl. Of course plans change but I think a time skip after Rick's death to focus on Carl would be good shot in the arm for the book

Hagi

If they stoompf on the guys who fuck all these amazing franchises up - why not?

I'd argue that Predator hasn't had a good movie since 1987. If Shane Black wants to have his film set in Suburbia then why the fuck not, I'm only even interested in it because of him anyway. Hopefully it's called A Very Predator Christmas.

Black Hammer is great so far.

Man, I love the art in Low but sometimes I need to reread a page to figure out what I just looked at. I've never read a comic that was drawn this densely.

I remember several years ago that Kirkman said if he were to ever kill off Rick, the book would focus on Carl. Of course plans change but I think a time skip after Rick's death to focus on Carl would be good shot in the arm for the book

I don't know. I think there might have been a time when this was a real possibility but it's very hard to see him killing Rick now. I think that's just something he says to reinforce his "NO ONE IS SAFE" threat.

Maybe at the end. Rick has been the star of this book for 13 years now. Maybe if the book was gonna run another decade or two but I kinda doubt that's the plan. At this point, honestly, killing Carl would be a much better twist. He's supposedly the only one who's safe.

A little bit. But it still a has a long way to go IMO.

I'll hold off until tpb vol.1 and we'll re-evaluate at that point.

they overhyping it I promise you. made me go in expecting some Peanuts tier stuff.

#Flowpinions

I don't know. I think there might have been a time when this was a real possibility but it's very hard to see him killing Rick now. I think that's just something he says to reinforce his "NO ONE IS SAFE" threat.

Maybe at the end. Rick has been the star of this book for 13 years now. Maybe if the book was gonna run another decade or two but I kinda doubt that's the plan. At this point, honestly, killing Carl would be a much better twist. He's supposedly the only one who's safe.

Honestly, this book sticks with a pretty depressing tone, and things have been looking up a bit too much for Rick lately. My guess? Andrea's gonna get got.

I wonder when Kirkman will give Magna some plot to work with. She hasn't done crap and she was on the front cover of the arc after All Out War like she was gonna be the new protagonist.

I wonder when Kirkman will give Magna some plot to work with. She hasn't done crap and she was on the front cover of the arc after All Out War like she was gonna be the new protagonist.

That was such a letdown. She seems like she could be an awesome character, too. I'm hoping Kirkman still has some plans for her.

Honestly, this book sticks with a pretty depressing tone, and things have been looking up a bit too much for Rick lately. My guess? Andrea's gonna get got.

I haven't read this week's issue yet but I think
Michonne or Eugene
are toast within the next couple of issues. Maybe both.

Andrea has been wearing a target for a long time, that feels inevitable too

Sandfox

Mark Waid commented on the complaints about Viv's "voice" in Champions being different than it was in Vision and said
it will all be explained in issue #4.

ElNarez

Banned
I have to say something about Wicked & Divine #23. Someone needs to remind Gillen what a comic book is. It is not this. This is what is best described as a light novel. Text, text, text with maybe five or six illustrations throughout the book is not a comic. Everything else is blank white pages full of text. For what it is, it seems very well-written so far. But make no mistake - a comic book, this is not.

It is an in-universe magazine. It literally says so in the first page. It's very deliberately not a comic.

Mark Waid commented on the complaints about Viv's "voice" in Champions being different than it was in Vision and said

oh great because what the world needs is a way-past-his-prime Waid taking a big ol' dump on the single best Marvel run published since the Fraction/Aja/Wu/Pulido/Francavilla/Lieber/Hollingsworth/Eliopoulos Hawkeye run.

Not even once Marvel

I find it hard to believe that was
the plan all along and is not a reaction to everyone pointing out Waid's total miss on the character

Sandfox

oh great because what the world needs is a way-past-his-prime Waid taking a big ol' dump on the single best Marvel run published since the Fraction/Aja/Wu/Pulido/Francavilla/Lieber/Hollingsworth/Eliopoulos Hawkeye run.
I don't really see how this could crap on Vision unless Waid just started pulling out retcons which he obviously wouldn't do.
Not even once Marvel

I find it hard to believe that was
the plan all along and is not a reaction to everyone pointing out Waid's total miss on the character
It really depends on how far ahead he is.

Messi

It is an in-universe magazine. It literally says so in the first page. It's very deliberately not a comic.

This was done on purpose. It's very intentional and the only way we were ever getting Wada on interiors. I admire Gillen and Co for trying something new. They have been promising and teasing this issue for months in the back pages of the comic.

Sandfox

What would you guys say are your top 5 Rebirth books? It's been a few months so I'm curious to see how everyone ranks them now.

PsychBat!

Banned
One thing about Avengers #1 I didn't care for is the everlasting attitude of the superhero community towards Spider-Man. Other heroes think he's a joke, a nuisance, a pest, and sometimes a sub-human.

While this is not new, it is very very old now. And I wished it stopped because it adds nothing but unnecessary filler.

Sandfox

One thing about Avengers #1 I didn't care for is the everlasting attitude of the superhero community towards Spider-Man. Other heroes think he's a joke, a nuisance, a pest, and sometimes a sub-human.

While this is not new, it is very very old now. And I wished it stopped because it adds nothing but unnecessary filler.
The thing there is that Sam was shown in the past to find Spider-Man annoying, and wasps hate spiders. We'll see if working together helps though.

I agree with you though and didn't like that in Spider-Man and the X-Men.

Top Bottom