• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2016. Wilde for comics, 2 Hickman books this month.

Roman

IIRC Cyclops misses an entire hour of the movie after Xavier gets grabbed.

He's grabbed as well and reprogrammed by Stryker's son. I've read there were removed sequences in the storyboard where the fights against a controlled Xavier and Cyclops were extended.

All Cyclops does in this movie is:

- Be insecure about his relationship whenever Wolverine is around.
- Get sucker punched by Lady Deathstrike.
- Get mind controlled.
- Get clobbered by Jean while mind controlled.

Just a sad state of affairs. And mind you, this came out during Morrison's New X-Men run, when he was having the psychic affair with Emma, which means it was long after the Apocalypse possession. They could have made him interesting but the Wolverine money was too appealing.

Death of Hawkman #2: I'm such a sucker for
Rann/Thanagar shenanigans
. I will buy any book about this ageless conflict. There's really not much going on here. Two issues of setup for a six issue mini is maybe not so great. But I like Adam and Hawkman so I'm gonna stick with it.

The art is nice. Has a classic feel to it. The coloring is refreshing.

He's grabbed as well and reprogrammed by Stryker's son. I've read there were removed sequences in the storyboard where the fights against a controlled Xavier and Cyclops were extended.

All Cyclops does in this movie is:

- Be insecure about his relationship whenever Wolverine is around.
- Get sucker punched by Lady Deathstrike.
- Get mind controlled.
- Get clobbered by Jean while mind controlled.

Just a sad state of affairs. And mind you, this came out during Morrison's New X-Men run, when he was having the psychic affair with Emma, which means it was long after the Apocalypse possession. They could have made him interesting but the Wolverine money was too appealing.
You know, I'm kind of sad Cyclops isn't in Logan. Would've been funny to have a blind Cyclops join an alzheimer afflicted Xavier and aging Logan on the trip even if he dies in the first confrontation.

Roman

This applies in general life as well.

Eh, I would say not in the last couple of years. Cyclops generates more controversy and excitement, along with more GAF threads for what that's worth.

Deadpool has become their go-to guy for randomly throwing into 7 different books per week, and Old Man Logan isn't exactly a sales juggernaut (none of the X-books are for that matter).

You know, I'm kind of sad Cyclops isn't in Logan. Would've been funny to have a blind Cyclops join an alzheimer afflicted Xavier and aging Logan on the trip even if he dies in the first confrontation.

Xavier's Retirement Community for the Gifted

I'd watch that movie

ElNarez

Banned
oh man you wanna do this?

you wanna dance? with me? let's fucking tango than

No.
NO.

This is asinine.

it's an interview promoting Watchmen

he's talking about that film, based on that comic

sure it's super cavalier in dealing with the topic of sexual assault, but to say there would be rape in an Alan Moore comic is getting what the material is, let's be honest.

No you ass. Collateral not intentional

Yeah, the damage in the Metropolis fight is intentional. As in "it's Zod's stated intention to do as much damage to Metropolis, and Earth and humans in general, because he wants to crush Superman". Zod's the bad guy. He does bad guy things. Those have consequences. Buildings get crushed. To characterize it as "Superman and Zod just fucking a city up for no good reason" is not just missing the point of the scene, it's missing a whole bunch of scenes earlier that explain the motivations of the characters going into the climax.

And, really, these are two alien demigods duking it out. Of course it's gonna have an impact. What you're asking for is big action without weight or consequence, and when you ask for that you get the climax of Noted Piece Of Shit Movie Avengers: Age Of Ultron.

Hope this clears it up!

Boogiepop

Totally has nothing to do with comics, but... freaking god damn it, cheese! For some godforsaken reason animal rennet (which is decidedly not vegetarian) does not need to be listed on ingredients lists (often just "enzymes" or "cheese cultures" which is generic and may or may not be vegetarian). And as such, I need to do, like, some sort of internet search for cheeses to figure out if I can eat them or not. Now normally I can just stick to a brand once I've done the research (though it can be a damn pain still for cheese IN things, but eh). But I need some ricotta for a recipe, and I can't find it in that brand (Sargento is what I usually use), and none of the stores around me I can find information on.

And as such, life has taken me in such a direction that I'm preparing to start goddamn calling cheese companies to figure out if I can use their product. :(

tim1138

I am the most I have ever been behind in single comics reading. I have over 25 issues to read right now. I'm actually enjoying reading prose books right now. Killing all canon Star Wars books.

Have you read the Ashoka book? That's next for me in my to read pile.

Roman

I'm not even touching that Snyder Batman defense.

How does Logan fit into the film continuity? Does this mean Xavier failed in his quest like he always inevitably does and will?

Malyse

oh man you wanna do this?

you wanna dance? with me? let's fucking tango than

GoUEqJL.jpg

Totally has nothing to do with comics, but... freaking god damn it, cheese! For some godforsaken reason animal rennet (which is decidedly not vegetarian) does not need to be listed on ingredients lists (often just "enzymes" or "cheese cultures" which is generic and may or may not be vegetarian). And as such, I need to do, like, some sort of internet search for cheeses to figure out if I can eat them or not. Now normally I can just stick to a brand once I've done the research (though it can be a damn pain still for cheese IN things, but eh). But I need some ricotta for a recipe, and I can't find it in that brand (Sargento is what I usually use), and none of the stores around me I can find information on.

And as such, life has taken me in such a direction that I'm preparing to start goddamn calling cheese companies to figure out if I can use their product. :(

......so what do you do when it's pizza time? Being a turtle and all.

Boogiepop

......so what do you do when it's pizza time? Being a turtle and all.

As far as I've been able to find out most places are okay, but I still have to watch out for stuff like white sauce (which usually uses parmesan which is not okay 99% of the time, pretty much unless you specifically seek a vegetarian-centric producer), and I do try to be on the watch for stuff. But yeah, it's a huge goddamn pain that singlehandedly makes being vegetarian a LOT harder, especially because NOBODY knows about this stuff, so you can't even just ask.

As far as I've been able to find out most places are okay, but I still have to watch out for stuff like white sauce (which usually uses parmesan which is not okay 99% of the time, pretty much unless you specifically seek a vegetarian-centric producer), and I do try to be on the watch for stuff. But yeah, it's a huge goddamn pain that singlehandedly makes being vegetarian a LOT harder, especially because NOBODY knows about this stuff, so you can't even just ask.

Vegetarianism sounds like too much fucking work.

Boogiepop

Vegetarianism sounds like too much fucking work.

It really kind of is. (To be honest it's generally a matter of just checking the ingredients and knowing the few non 100% obvious things (like gelatin). It's just this cheese crap is a pain in the butt. Though like I said if you can find a brand that works then even that isn't THAT bad, outside of crap like what I'm going through right now)

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I just saw Atomic Hero for the first time and I want to meet the person who saw this and thought that its something to base a saturday morning kids cartoon on.

But stuff like that is why the 80s are going to be the best decade forever.

So word has it
Green Gunman
is already likely getting canned and it's first arc will be the only arc.

The inferior
gunman
anyway.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! NOT GREEN GUNMAN!!!!!! WHYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

We're gonna get through this man
We'll find a way through

Edit: it's still hilarious to me that anybody ever thought this was a good idea. The other two, ya know, weird choices but neat potential. This one though, god he's always been so so lame.

Sandfox

Dan Slott has been killing Bleedingcool/Jude over the past two days lol. People tried to defend a mistake in an article by saying it was an intentional joke only for BC to pull it like a minute later lol.

Ross61

Sugar and Spike are joining Blue Beetke, I the island of Keith Giffen castaways.

Wait, huh?

I've heard some really good things about the Sugar and Spike portion of Legends of Tomorrow by Keith Giffen and Bilquis Evely. If they've joined gotten some interest. Also heard that Blue Beetle is improving after the missteps of the previous issues. If both are true then I might take it of the trade-wait list and get caught up.

It really kind of is. (To be honest it's generally a matter of just checking the ingredients and knowing the few non 100% obvious things (like gelatin). It's just this cheese crap is a pain in the butt. Though like I said if you can find a brand that works then even that isn't THAT bad, outside of crap like what I'm going through right now)

But the big question - why even do it? Meat is the best. THE BEST.

Owzers

thoughts on?:

Image's Horizon series
Black Hammer
Future Quest

both have trades out in the new dcbs pre-order cycle.

Sandfox

What happened at BC?

They brought on a new guy two that seems to be terrible at his job. His first article was basically him linking to a cbr article. His second article apparently made a false claim about a director acting like a sexually fetishist towards high school girls so Slott called BC out for it and then Rich said that he never read the article and they just approved it. Now he put up an article with the wrong picture which just makes you facepalm when combined with the other things.

thoughts on?:

Image's Horizon series
Black Hammer
Future Quest

both have trades out in the new dcbs pre-order cycle.

Black Hammer is good, haven't read the others.

Dusknoir

Just got done reading all of last month's Young Animal books and I have to say, all of them were strong. Going from best to worst are:
Shade #1
Doom Patrol #2
and Cave Carson #1

Even I only studied poetry in High School I really enjoyed it. Reading Shade brought back those memories of depicting the meaning behind the poetry in Shade. Thus it's my favorite YA book as of now.

I also read Midnighter and Apollo #1. Fucking loved it can't wait for my next dcbs shipment.
One the second page Midnight Tiger Knees the train conductor's head off.
The action is just so good. The only negative I find is people picking this up without reading the last Midnighter run will be lost.

Top Bottom