• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2016. Wilde for comics, 2 Hickman books this month.

Welp, posted and deleted right after:
5524481-9127132811-14cjj4i.png

Hagi

2016 has been an incredibly shitty year. First Brexit, now this idiot.

If this year has taught me anything it's that if some doofus from the Apprentice can become the leader of the free world maybe my childhood dream of becoming Spider-man isn't as ridiculous as my therapist told me.

Isn't it the head of Marvel a big Trump supporter, Perlmutter? Maybe he's just talking in terms of that and Spider Gwen obviously being a book that prides it's self on individuality.

Zombine

Banned
Isn't it the head of Marvel a big Trump supporter, Perlmutter? Maybe he's just talking in terms of that and Spider Gwen obviously being a book that prides it's self on individuality.

I'm assuming that this was what he meant. I would like to hear a follow up on a proper platform.

Yes, Ike Perlmutter and his wife donated millions to Trump. Caused a bunch of writers and artists to question it.

Owzers

Wake up

Turn on tv

Conway: "there is a goodness in America and trump tapped into it"

So the nightmare was real, that's fine.

I actually feel worse in the morning then I did last night. And I'm gonna stop going into the OT political threads. They are awful. So many bullshit, barely hidden "I told you" posts from morons that don't even know why the result happened parading said posts around.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I woke tonight up right when Florida fellt and I woke up when earlier this year Brexit was done.
It feels like I developed a sixth sense for stuff like this.

kmfdmpig

The Ms. Marvel election issue will hurt when it finally comes out.

Yup. I thought about finishing a comic last night to escape from the shit show of the election. Then I realized I was in the middle of the Catwoman Election Night issue and had no interest in finishing it.

Vyer

I suppose ultimately I shouldn't be that surprised. The state of the world is what I often suspected it was. Too many either hate, or don't care enough to stop it. Sad day.

ElNarez

Banned
it's a shitty fucking day and it's a day with new Casanova, new Doom Patrol, new Southern Bastards and new Deathstroke

something very fucked up has happened

Ross61

This is officially the worst year of my entire life. As a young black man, I knew that my life didn't matter much to this country. Now I know that it doesn't matter at all. And that's really depressing.

I can't even read comics to take my mind off this.

This is officially the worst year of my entire life. As a young black man, I knew that my life didn't matter much to this country. Now I know that it doesn't matter at all. And that's really depressing.

Tell me about it. The man in the oval office is a wannabe facist with an actual, die-in-the-wool neonazi as an adviser.

I'm scared, guys.

I read a couple of comics but actually disliked them due to external feelings going in.

Noooooo, I can't even enjoy comics right now.

TheFlow

Banned

Same man. Hard being a minority or woman right now. I couldn't even read my daily issue of x-men last night.

Roman

Not really, because if you don't think Trump will influence shit going on in other nations, you're a sillyhead. There is no escape from Trump.

Well no, but for example if you truly don't feel safe anymore (as a minority or such) there might be options.

Germany in particular seems pretty overwhelmingly rattled by this result. I feel this might lead their parties to acknowledge disagreements on the refugee crisis much harder and to more efficiently combat their populist right-wing.

But this isn't the thread for that, I apologize.

So would moving to Europe be realistic to any of you? Like Harry Osborn, after he died.

That's actually my exact plan. Make it through the last 1.5 years of college, collect my degree, move to Denmark. They need mechanical engineers there, it should be easy to get a work and residency visa.

Plus, they've got a good history of not fucking over their Jews, so that's a factor.

Owzers

I kinda want to drop cable, cable news is dead to me, sports are kinda boring between the NFL and NBA. Like I want to watch an 82 game season just to get to the Warriors/cavs again. If I can get a digital antenna working for over the air channels I might be set. Although I'd still have to get internet through Comcast and they are awful and charge a lot as I'm with them now since my apartment only has them.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
That's actually my exact plan. Make it through the last 1.5 years of college, collect my degree, move to Denmark. They need mechanical engineers there, it should be easy to get a work and residency visa.

Plus, they've got a good history of not fucking over their Jews, so that's a factor.
Why bother moving from one asshole far right government to the next?

mreddie

707b978c00fe8078d5a7f62fd2062fa8.jpg

Gonna try to keep my head up and read comics but with DC being sexist jerks (I know they're getting better) and Marvel (Fucking Ike)
Seeing all my favorite writers depressed brings me down and I'll try to support them but I dunno.

We are living in the Dark Reign

Top Bottom