• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2016. Wilde for comics, 2 Hickman books this month.

ElNarez

Banned
I volunteer for the December OP, if only so I can call it what it needs to be called, which is

COMICS! |OT| December 2016 - Should Auld Acquaintance Be Forgot

God, I hope Marvel won't make the next comic president Trump since they already started talking about the election in CW2 #0. We can't have Kamala dealing with a Trump world or have a America book when the namesake just looks darker and darker and PoC+LGBT looks to be losing rights. Bendis having Trump's car ruined by Cage after Disassembled would make for a fun callback but it's not worth it.

DC better keep Obama for the next year since he's a character in Suicide Squad etc or replace him with Clinton since she's also an old post-Crisis DC character.

God, I hope Marvel won't make the next comic president Trump since they already started talking about the election in CW2 #0. We can't have Kamala dealing with a Trump world or have a America book when the namesake just looks darker and darker and PoC+LGBT looks to be losing rights. Bendis having Trump's car ruined by Cage after Disassembled would make for a fun callback but it's not worth it.

DC better keep Obama for the next year since he's a character in Suicide Squad etc or replace him with Clinton since she's also an old post-Crisis DC character.

Sadly I do expect Trump to appear in Marvel comics, at least in shadows and from the rear of his clearly orange head.

The brave thing to do in Ms. Marvel would be to show the sort of impact this has on her family, the way it is going to impact many real families just like hers.

VanWinkle

Got the War of Kings omnibus and it looks so awesome! Can't wait to delve into the Marvel cosmic stuff.

iR6VTY2.jpg

G. Willow Wilson will either quit if she has to put Trump in Ms. Marvel or turn him into a tone deaf idiot. Regardless I think what's really gonna happen is Marvel is gonna get a fictional President in their universe.

Malyse

I just read Solo #1 so I'm doing my part

Actually not a horrible comic but not a good one either. Just bland as fuck which I guess is what I should have expected from a book about Solo. No hooks at all, the last page twist is
SHIELD considers Solo expendable
. Woahhh never would have seen that coming.

They are playing the long game here (weird choice), hence, with this book almost certainly already canceled there is no reason to continue this one five issue arc, where it seems they will be setting up all the stuff they had mapped out and then rushing through it in a sloppy final issue. Dropped.

I think instead of Solo #2 I am going to buy Mega Princess #1 which sounds like it should hit the spot today

YESYES MEGA PRINCESS HYPE!

I love Kelly Thompson and Brianne Drouhard, so this is a slam dunk for me. And princesses.

G. Willow Wilson will either quit if she has to put Trump in Ms. Marvel or turn him into a tone deaf idiot. Regardless I think what's really gonna happen is Marvel is gonna get a fictional President in their universe.

latest

Marvel does like bringing What Ifs? into real stories these days. And it could work whether you undo the big change recently or not.

I know they did it in Ultimates but Ultimate Captain America is a douche.

Likely. Her second ongoing project with Marvel looks to be dead. She talked about it before the election but the moment the Perlmutters started donating while expecting their employees to stay silent she said she had to talk to Marvel about the book which she felt unsure about now and we've heard zero about it since.

latest

Marvel does like bringing What Ifs? into real stories these days. And it could work whether you undo the big change recently or not.

I know they did it in Ultimates but Ultimate Captain America is a douche.

Well that was after Obama and every political member at the White House was nuked by Reed.

Sandfox

I don't think Marvel should use a fictional president and the internet would probably make it too hard for them to do anything too crazy with Trump like they used to back in the day with presidents.

Have a picture of No Goblin's(devs behind Roundabout and 100ft Robot Golf) dog Cassie holding Fallout New Vegas after stealing it from the case:

cw1-hpcviaaxunpq9sv6.jpg

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Who cares if Trump is in Marvel books, he will be an idiot and only the lower half or the backside of his face will be presented. Its like they always deal with presidents.

Also, why not put Khamala in Trump america? Whats the problem with stories dealing with racism? Was done with X-Men, would be shit in these books nowadays, so put it in good books whit good writers.

Also, Marvel books wont turn into Trump Propaganda because Ike Perlmutter is an asshole. Anti-Trump Marvel books exist already.

I don't think Marvel should use a fictional president and the internet would probably make it too hard for them to do anything too crazy with Trump like they used to back in the day with presidents.
Rememer Trump-Modok?
Fuck the idiots who scream at Reddit, they dont buy the books anyway.

Sandfox

Captain America continues to put a smile on my face. Spencer has the Captain America line on point.

Who cares if Trump is in Marvel books, he will be an idiot and only the lower half or the backside of his face will be presented. Its like they always deal with presidents.

Also, why not put Khamala in Trump america? Whats the problem with stories dealing with racism? Was done with X-Men, would be shit in these books nowadays, so put it in good books whit good writers.

Also, Marvel books wont turn into Trump Propaganda because Ike Perlmutter is an asshole. Anti-Trump Marvel books exist already.

Rememer Trump-Modok?
Fuck the idiots who scream at Reddit, they dont buy the books anyway.
By that I meant they wouldn't do something like they did with Nixon and Reagan. I fully expect writers to show their displeasure in the books.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Captain America continues to put a smile on my face. Spencer has the Captain America line on point.

By that I meant they wouldn't do something like they did with Nixon and Reagan. I fully expect writers to show their displeasure in the books.
That has stopped decades ago. The only time I recall Bush in a Comic was in Ultimates and Obama when he fanboyed out at Captain America, said that Bush was an Idiot and just repealed the Superhero Registration Act. Isnt Trump involved in Captain Falcon already?

I hate how the Secret Empire Trade is not out yet, today would be a fitting day to read this.

Sandfox

One thought about Hydra Cap in general is that Spencer perfectly captured how dangerous Steve Rogers would actually be as a villain.

That has stopped decades ago. The only time I recall Bush in a Comic was in Ultimates and Obama when he fanboyed out at Captain America, said that Bush was an Idiot and just repealed the Superhero Registration Act. Isnt Trump involved in Captain Falcon already?

I hate how the Secret Empire Trade is not out yet, today would be a fitting day to read this.
I can't remember, but I'm sure Spencer will comment on him in the issues he's currently writing lol.

Obama was in CW2 #0 offering Rhodey a position as minister to help him maybe become president in the next election IIRC.

Starlin is doing another cosmic book, this time a GotG mini-series. Probably "maybe canon" like the last books since the guardians are supposed to be stuck on Earth.

Scirrocco

So it looks like Jay and miles explain the xmen is has vanished off the net. The websites giving a database error, and (at least on my podcast ap) its saying it's not found. Has anyone heard anything?

I hope everything s all right. I know Jay is transitioning so I imagine last night must have been pretty hard for him.

So it looks like Jay and miles explain the xmen is has vanished off the net. The websites giving a database error, and (at least on my podcast ap) its saying it's not found. Has anyone heard anything?

I hope everything s all right. I know Jay is transitioning so I imagine last night must have been pretty hard for him.
Problems with the site.

Carol Danvers should be the President.
Didn't she take over after Ultimate!Cap died?

Obama was in CW2 #0 offering Rhodey a position as minister to help him maybe become president in the next election IIRC.

There's a small hole that might be a problem with that. Well, it's a pretty big hole. It's at least as big as Thanos' hand....

Carol Danvers should be the President.

Problems with the site.

Didn't she take over after Ultimate!Cap died?

Ultimate Carol's superpower is competence.

Got the War of Kings omnibus and it looks so awesome! Can't wait to delve into the Marvel cosmic stuff.

It's the third big event in the Abnett/Lanning cosmic saga, after the two Annihiliations. It's not as good as either of those but still solid.

I liked War of Kings quite a bit. Though it seems the big cosmic arc Marvel had going kind of lost quality the longer it went on. Case in point, Realm of Kings which followed this story was less enjoyable, though I did like the Son of Hulk tie-in issues. (Aside: Son of Hulk is awesome. Read it VanWinkle, you track down those trades and you read it, but read Planet Hulk first or you won't know what's going on. Just read it all, trust me. Mucho bueno.)

Bitch Planet just got some new material.

Pffft. I cannot imagine the rage Kelly Sue is feeling about now.

Top Bottom