• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2016. Wilde for comics, 2 Hickman books this month.

tim1138

If it gets to the point I forget what happened in the last issue, I drop it. If I don't care enough to remember what's going on, I probably don't like it that much to begin with.

That's where I'm at. If I can't remember what happened last issue, then odds are I was just buying it out of habit and it's time to drop.

cw8zrtsviauhtpx-600x9h3o2t.jpg
So who's on the Texas cover?

I see that Oregon got Sunspot for its USAvengers variant. That's pretty good. Anybody know what Washington (state) ended up with? I can't find that one. Or are they not all out there yet?

If it's someone really cool I might actually buy it

Messi

I write a recap in a text document on my pc and I update it as I read issues. I don't even remove books I've dropped just in case. It's creepy and unnecessary.

Malyse

If it gets to the point I forget what happened in the last issue, I drop it. If I don't care enough to remember what's going on, I probably don't like it that much to begin with.

I drop when I can't remember *and* I just don't give a damn. This is how Superwoman got axed.

In other news, I'm half on the Young Animal train. No to Doom Patrol and Cave Carson, Yes to Shade and Mother Panic.

Black is become a fucking fantastic comic. I like World of Wakanda much more that I like the BP main comic. Batman TMNT is a lot of fun. In love with Iron Riri
did they kill Riri's girlfriend in her origin? BRUH.
. Can't wait for her and Lunella to team up. Mosaic continues to be more interesting than it is good. I'm also still in on The Clone Conspiracy. Gwenpool is still my favorite comic especially with that last panel. Didn't see that coming.

Also. Jesus Christ, Gwen.

WHY IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT ARCHIE? That series singlehandedly brought my mood up this week. SO GOOD. Jughead is weird though. The daydreams in the first arc were really offputting, but once Sabrine showed up I was in love. And Josie is just great.

Also read all of The Beauty and Glitterbomb.
Holy.
Shit.

Lastly, I came real close to lighting y'all's asses up over Motor Girl. Really close, but once I saw what was really happening, I was back in.

I write a recap in a text document on my pc and I update it as I read issues. I don't even remove books I've dropped just in case. It's creepy and unnecessary.

Hmmm, I dunno I kinda like that idea!

Better than hunting down one's own review of the last issue before reading it which is something I swear I never ever do, except for all the time

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I see that Oregon got Sunspot for its USAvengers variant. That's pretty good. Anybody know what Washington (state) ended up with? I can't find that one. Or are they not all out there yet?

If it's someone really cool I might actually buy it

I poked around a bit, hoping to see a breakdown state by state, but I don't think they're all out yet. Or no one has compiled them helpfully.

WHY IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT ARCHIE? That series singlehandedly brought my mood up this week. SO GOOD.

Funny, I've made almost the exact same post about Renew Your Vows which brightened my entire week. I have read the first backup three times. Yet not too many people have had much to say about that one either.

Lastly, I came real close to lighting y'all's asses up over Motor Girl. Really close, but once I saw what was really happening, I was back in.

Yeah the character building is great but the book doesn't have a lot going for it until that third act twist. I'm glad I didn't know that was going to happen.

Malyse

Funny, I've made almost the exact same post about Renew Your Vows which brightened my entire week. I have read the first backup three times. Yet not too many people have had much to say about that one either.

Yeah the character building is great but the book doesn't have a lot going for it until that third act twist. I'm glad I didn't know that was going to happen.

Shit! I forgot that in my recap. RYV was fantastic. I just wish it was in continuity. Or that I understood its continuity.

Time to do a mass purge then.

That's what I did. Right now I'm down to:
Deadly Class
The Fix
Snotgirl
The Young Animal Line
Batman
Wonder Woman
Supergirl
Squirrel Girl
ASM Renew Your Vows
Lady Killer 2
Love and Rockets

For some of the Rebirth titles, I'll pick em up randomly. So while I do like Superman and Tec, I don't buy them right away and usually grab back issues on lighter weeks.

Malyse

It's almost like he was building towards a reveal.
It's still just an okay book. Not my fave, not the best.
That's what I did. Right now I'm down to:
Deadly Class
The Fix
Snotgirl
The Young Animal Line
Batman
Wonder Woman
Supergirl
Squirrel Girl
ASM Renew Your Vows
Lady Killer 2
Love and Rockets

For some of the Rebirth titles, I'll pick em up randomly. So while I do like Superman and Tec, I don't buy them right away and usually grab back issues on lighter weeks.

Must be nice.
Wait, Gwenpool isn't on there. Fuck this list. Read Gwenpool.

I don't know anything about this Chris Owens guy, I tried to look up his connection to Luke Cage on imdb but couldn't find anything. I do like that Marvel continues to look at writers working in other fields for fresh voices.

That reminds me, I read a really great interview with Chelsea Cain yesterday. Sounds like she is going to stick around which I think is awesome.

It's almost like he was building towards a reveal.

I know that :p That wasn't really meant as a criticism...I have nothing but good things to say about that book. We just hyped it a lot, and I can see how, in the context of that praise, someone could be halfway through the book and think to themselves, whaaaaat are those guys talking about

It's still just an okay book. Not my fave, not the best.

Must be nice.
Wait, Gwenpool isn't on there. Fuck this list. Read Gwenpool.

I don't like Gwenpool. I posted about how I read the first four or five issues and just didn't care for it. Art was cute, but that's all I really liked about it.

Ross61

Luke Cage didn't have that much strong writing, and I say that as someone who loved it. Hope it's good for the Electra fans out there.

Sandfox

I really liked this week's Gwenpool. The art is as always amazing and the story continues to intrigue me.

I actually like the new Elektra costume lol.

Captain Hydra #7: It's honestly obnoxious what an incredible range Nick Spencer has. He's just too good. The same guy that wrote Superior Foes and is writing the Fix is also writing these dramatic, intense and gripping Captain America titles. The basics, the essentials of storytelling, seem to come so naturally to him that he is able to layer any genre, any subject, over his style and come out with something really damn good.

Although this was a good issue, I wasn't as into it as some others here seemed to be. I certainly do not feel that Cap
has gotten into some 4D chess shit or anything yet
. The big twist at the end is pretty normal comics stuff. What's important is how Cap uses these resources to execute his plan, and man, I can't wait to see that. Promising start to this arc and I'm dying to know where all of this is going.

Re: the flashbacks.
The color change, that has to be a big deal, right? I think this is the first time we've seen a "green dream." What do you guys think this means? Is it the change in setting, or is this when Steve started to feel true loyalty to Hydra?

Fucking relevant issue for Americans, by the way. Some of this dialogue cuts deep.
For the chess thing, to me it's crazy how much Steve is manipulating the everyone around him like in the CW2 issues or the Sam Wilson book.

As for the green, I think it's supposed to represent Steve's loyalty to Hydra over the Red Skull, but this may be a question worth asking Spencer lol.
Clone Conspiracy #2: Oh thank god. It got good.

So...the Jackal. It
has to be a Peter clone or a Peter from another dimension, right? Seems obvious at this point that it isn't Miles, and that's the only way I can see his motives/actions making sense.

Great week for the Spider-books.
That story is interesting, because Dan Slott is basically showing us that he has been setting this up for 5 years when his solo run began.
Shit! I forgot that in my recap. RYV was fantastic. I just wish it was in continuity. Or that I understood its continuity.
It pretty much takes place in the regular Marvel Universe if OMD never happened. All you need to know is that Peter and his family came together to defeat a villain named Regent who had the ability to take other people's powers.

It's ok not to like thongs. Don't let people bully you.
I mean your aren't wrong, but...

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I drop when I can't remember *and* I just don't give a damn. This is how Superwoman got axed.

In other news, I'm half on the Young Animal train. No to Doom Patrol and Cave Carson, Yes to Shade and Mother Panic.

Black is become a fucking fantastic comic. I like World of Wakanda much more that I like the BP main comic. Batman TMNT is a lot of fun. In love with Iron Riri
did they kill Riri's girlfriend in her origin? BRUH.
. Can't wait for her and Lunella to team up. Mosaic continues to be more interesting than it is good. I'm also still in on The Clone Conspiracy. Gwenpool is still my favorite comic especially with that last panel. Didn't see that coming.

Also. Jesus Christ, Gwen.

WHY IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT ARCHIE? That series singlehandedly brought my mood up this week. SO GOOD. Jughead is weird though. The daydreams in the first arc were really offputting, but once Sabrine showed up I was in love. And Josie is just great.

Also read all of The Beauty and Glitterbomb.
Holy.
Shit.

You liked The Beauty?

Yo, where are all these assassin books coming from? There a new Daredevil season on the horizon or something?

They announced all the books but Elektra back when Now! 2.0 was revealed. When they announced Elektra they said they want a Daredevil line of comics(Iron Fist counts as one)to join the already existing Spider books, Deadpool books, Avenger books, Mutant books, Iron books, Thor books etc.

They hope it being somewhat like the MCU will bring in the readers. Haven't checked how many are still reading Daredevil and stayed with the Kingpin mini.

Owzers

i have notes about games i play, Overwatch, rpgs. But i've never written down comic updates.

And i never will. I just presume i'm not supposed to remember what happened in previous issues and everytime i read a new one and pick something up i say " oh yeah, that happened before....wait, who's this? Am i supposed to know this person?"

Sandfox

I like Daredevil, but is he really a strong enough character to support a whole line?
I think the Daredevil brand is stronger than it was in the past, but I think the main thing here is just a line of darker street level books. I expect a number of these books to be good, but sales are another thing.

I think the Daredevil brand is stronger than it was in the past, but I think the main thing here is just a line of darker street level books. I expect a number of these books to be good, but sales are another thing.

I love darker street level books. But they need big names writing them and not c-listers.

Top Bottom