• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2016. Wilde for comics, 2 Hickman books this month.

Owzers

Taskmaster is a joke

but he's got a skull face thing going.

Keeping with my goal of reading more Image vol 1 trades to see what i'm continuing: Tonight i read Rumble vol 1.

so far i've gotten through:

Autumnlands vol 1
Wytches vol 1
Birthright vol 1

All were kinda good but i'm not sure if i'm in for more, especially not Wytches. I'd be up for more Birthright and Autumnlands but i don't think they are must-buys.

Hagi

Taskmaster is a joke

I thought that when people were wanting that guy from Agents of Shield to end up being him they were kidding. I've only read an odd few issues with him in them though so I'm likely missing something.

I've been too busy with the Ps4 pro and dying in Dishonoured to read anything today but I did read Superman yesterday and it's highly unusual for me to find a book that's for ten issues straight has kept a big grin on my face. Can't wait for Super sons to come out!

All were kinda good but i'm not sure if i'm in for more, especially not Wytches. I'd be up for more Birthright and Autumnlands but i don't think they are must-buys.

I only read the first two or three issues of Wytches. It didn't really grab me.
Pledged is Pledged.

Malyse

Finally got to see the color version of my page.

You are killing it.
You liked The Beauty?
I loved it.
It pretty much takes place in the regular Marvel Universe if OMD never happened. All you need to know is that Peter and his family came together to defeat a villain named Regent who had the ability to take other people's powers.
I mean, I'm familiar with RYV from SW, but there's no lord Doom enforcers, so they are hiding powers for reasons?
I don't like Gwenpool. I posted about how I read the first four or five issues and just didn't care for it. Art was cute, but that's all I really liked about it.
You left too soon. The tone takes a "what the hell Gwen?" turn for the dark. She is one of the few legitimately awful people in comics.

Sandfox

You are killing it.

I loved it.

I mean, I'm familiar with RYV from SW, but there's no lord Doom enforcers, so they are hiding powers for reasons?

You left too soon. The tone takes a "what the hell Gwen?" turn for the dark. She is one of the few legitimately awful people in comics.

Just assume that this universe is exactly like the main one if OMD never happened with the only thing from the SW mini mattering is the final battle with Regent.

Owzers

You are killing it.

I loved it.

I think she's great.

She's in a fictional universe though. She knows these people aren't real. I think it's an interesting question, actually...because on the other hand, she's one of them now.

Malyse

I think she's great.
Don't get me wrong, I think she's fantastic. But she is really not a good person at all.
She's in a fictional universe though. She knows these people aren't real. I think it's an interesting question, actually...because on the other hand, she's one of them now.
I mean, suppose that we are all living in a constructed reality. Doesn't make it okay to be awful to others since they "aren't real".

Owzers

Don't get me wrong, I think she's fantastic. But she is really not a good person at all.

I mean, suppose that we are all living in a constructed reality. Doesn't make it okay to be awful to others since they "aren't real".
It's downright presidential.

Malyse

tumblr_mlaypinU8S1rwoljao1_1280.png

shoulda paid vylla tho
Teen Titans #2 and #3 preview: http://www.comicosity.com/first-looks-teen-titans-2-and-3/

Dioegenes Neves is just the fill in for #2, and Khoi Pham is the new series regular.

I like the second issue more :<

Ross61

There are rumors of Frank Cho doing a second WW comic.

I read it earlier this morning. With the way he talked, I doubt they actually picked up the pitch. He was talking like it was already a done deal, then ran it back like "It's me, of course they'll pick it up. I mean have fan's, they have too!". So he's most likely just embellishing and salty Rucka got him off Wonder Woman and nothing of value was lost.

I read it earlier this morning. With the way he talked, I doubt they actually picked up the pitch. He was talking like it was already a done deal, then ran it back like "It's me, of course they'll pick it up. I mean have fan's, they have too!". So he's most likely just embellishing and salty Rucka got him off Wonder Woman and nothing of value was lost.

Man, people love to hate on Cho. The dude is so talented and y'all write him off because he can be immature. Nobody's perfect.

Finished reading the Jane Thor OHC. Really good. I thought Aaron's second year of God of Thunder suffered just a little purely for being in the shadow of that first incredible year. I still like his God butcher saga best but this volume manages to step outside the shadow of the last run by striking from a different angle. Not just in lead character and the mystery of her identity but in the issues and themes that come with the change. It's a well thought out angle on not just what a female Thor really means, but the stronge female driven world she steps into. Now the identity has been revealed I look forward to digging into her character a bit more.

My only complaint is the stilted nature of the reboot with events in between (and another to come with the transition to The Mighty Thor). Key events happen to Thor outside the series, that's but not too hard to follow but there's references involving Odin's return and his brother that i had no idea the origin of, if that happened awhile back in Thor or recently in a different book. Three separate Thor series in the space of 3-4ish years has made Aaron"s run a little more uneven than i'd have liked, despite how good the content has been. Hopefully The Mighty Thor is more stable.

Overall though, Aaron continues to be by far the most consistent modern writer for me at Marvel. I think King outpaced him for best writer at Marvel this year with Vision, but considering Aaron's output between Thor & Dr Strange (not to mention his other books), dude is awesome.

VanWinkle

This is totally on me, but I just hate the idea of Gwenpool. Feels derivative and extremely unnecessary. Similar to my feelings on Joker's Daughter. But to be completely clear, I have not given it a chance at all. I just hate the thought of it.

Maybe one day I'll try it and think, "okay, yeah, I can accept what's going on here."

Messi

Shit that's right. Either way the first issue was great and I am about to jump into Rachel rising when I have a day off

Have you read Strangers in Paradise? That's his best work imo. Such brilliance and development in art and story over years.

TheFlow

Banned
Have you read Strangers in Paradise? That's his best work imo. Such brilliance and development in art and story over years.
I hear it's his opus Magnus but I am waiting for a CMX sale. Strangers in paradise and love&rockets are two giants I need to tackle

Edit: Magnus opus

This is totally on me, but I just hate the idea of Gwenpool. Feels derivative and extremely unnecessary. Similar to my feelings on Joker's Daughter. But to be completely clear, I have not given it a chance at all. I just hate the thought of it."

Main difference being that Joker's Daughter is a dog shit character. DC tries to create new characters simply by taking an old one and slapping boobs on it.

As to Gwenpool, I wasn't crazy about the first two or three issues but it really grew on me after that. Give it a chance, you old curmudgeon.

Messi

This is totally on me, but I just hate the idea of Gwenpool. Feels derivative and extremely unnecessary. Similar to my feelings on Joker's Daughter. But to be completely clear, I have not given it a chance at all. I just hate the thought of it.

Maybe one day I'll try it and think, "okay, yeah, I can accept what's going on here."

You could probably read it and not have this opinion.

Top Bottom